Ochem 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

konstantin123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone Currently Taking This Class?

Members don't see this ad.

i am... i hopefully i wont do too badly

Just got done in the fall with O2 starting in 5days. My advice: Get the first exam DOWN! Ochem is a progressive build, and the rest of the material will fall into place. Nomenclature, substitutions, and newman projections will be a piece of cake. I enjoyed it much more than gen chem.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished my first semester of O chem and am currently enrolled in the second semester. I thought the class was manageable. I learned really quickly that reviewing your notes after each class, even if it is just for 15 minutes, really pays off come test time. The thing about O chem is that things build on each other you will need to keep familiar with all the material you cover because it will be used later in the course. My heart goes out to all students who are spending nights in the library studying mechanisms and such.

I just finished my first semester of O chem and am currently enrolled in the second semester. I thought the class was manageable. I learned really quickly that reviewing your notes after each class, even if it is just for 15 minutes, really pays off come test time.

This, boys and squirrels, is sound advice for everything you ever do in academia.

(Currently taking orgo 1 - ask me again in a few months, but thus far, it's all good.)