OChem/Bio online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tony Parker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My brother finished studying mechanical engineering and is thinking about dental school. He needs OChem and Biology to take but has everything else done. Is there a good online college that he can take these classes and get credit for out there?

Members don't see this ad.

My brother finished studying mechanical engineering and is thinking about dental school. He needs OChem and Biology to take but has everything else done. Is there a good online college that he can take these classes and get credit for out there?

I seriously doubt Devry University offers organic...lol. nah jk man i dont really know of any. What you might try doing is calling any local universities or junior colleges to see if any of them offer any online science courses. Its worth a shot.

BYU Independent Study online has a few Bio courses

elearn.byu.edu

Members don't see this ad :)
Fyi: a good number of dental schools don't accept online course credit for their requirements. Just might be good to keep in mind, depending on where your bro plans to apply.

Even if you do find a place that he can take it online, you would still need to have the (1) credit LAB that goes w/ it each class...

I don't believe any dental school will accept online pre-req. lab credit..

-HM2

On a similar note does anyone know of a 4 year university that offers Gen Chem II online, I already have the lab done. Thanks.

Fyi: a good number of dental schools don't accept online course credit for their requirements. Just might be good to keep in mind, depending on where your bro plans to apply.

I don't know what the situation is with other online classes, but the BYU Independent Study courses look exactly the same on your transcript as a regular BYU on-campus class. This means d-schools never know it was online, there's no way for them to tell