Ochem Ii

Started by gkiley1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gkiley1

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any of you taken the PCAT w/out taking OCHEM II? If so, how did you do? Do you recommend taking before? Fill me in. Thanks a Million!!!!
 
I haven't taken the pcat yet, but I had a similar question and everyone I talked to recommended taking at least gen chem II first, and that there are a few ochem questions, but not enough for it to be abolutely necessary to do it first.
Hope that helps.
 
Exactly, there is some pretty basic O-Chem. Having OChem I only should be fine.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is no need to study Organic Chemistry for the PCAT. You only need to be able to recognize the different families (ex. Esters + Ketones). Study up on general chemistry and forget everything you ever learned about O-chem!