OChem lab before applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twocentnews

Resident
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didnt take OChem lab yet, but I want to apply for the 2011 cycle while taking ochem lab in the fall. Can I do that? Which schools want you to have all pre-med coursework completed before applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools care only that this is finished by the time you enter. It might be hard to take the MCAT sans OChem. Check out AACOM on this one.

I'm in O Chem lab right now. I waited, because it is a 4 credit class at my school. You definitely do not need to take it before applying

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools care only that this is finished by the time you enter. It might be hard to take the MCAT sans OChem. Check out AACOM on this one.

I've taken Organic Chem 1 and 2, just not the lab yet because it's separate and I couldn't fit it into my schedule.

I didnt take OChem lab yet, but I want to apply for the 2011 cycle while taking ochem lab in the fall. Can I do that? Which schools want you to have all pre-med coursework completed before applying?

You should be fine...there are only a few schools that require you to have all of the prereqs done prior to applying.

There won't be too many, if any, questions on the MCAT that have to do with orgo lab techniques so you'll be fine as long as you've had the lecture courses.