Ochem on MCAT 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LACMA

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello :)

I couldn't find a recent post on this subject. How much ochem is on mcat 2015? I just flipped through the Kaplan Review book for Ochem and it doesn't look like there are a lot of mechanisms. Can this bet TRUE? O.O

Thanks for your replies!

Members don't see this ad.

I heard they really de-emphasized the ochem. Apparently there's only 1 ochem passage in the whole test. Don't quote me tho- that's just what I've heard. Can anyone who took the 2015 mcat share to share their ochem experiences?

Reactions: 1 user
Your individual exam may or may not have a lot or no ochem at all. It appears to be random. Some people on the MCAT subforum have stated as much after they took the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
It has a LOT of biochem. If it has ochem, I felt like it was about amino acids. I don't really remember but it had BIOCHEM A LOT.

I had a crap ton of o-chem on my exam and very little biochem/amino acid related on my C/P.
But others who took it the same day said it was the other way around for them.

Unfortunately it is luck of the draw when it comes to material on your exam so all I can say is study and be well-versed in every subject/topic

It sems like every test this year was different. I had a ton of biochem and almost no O-Chem, June had more and July had a ton.

I don't think I had more than 2 or 3 o-chem questions. A crap ton of biochem though

I can't even remember any O-chem. Tons of biochem, healthy amount of gen chem. Perhaps 1-2 O-chem Q's.