• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

LACMA

5+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello :)

I couldn't find a recent post on this subject. How much ochem is on mcat 2015? I just flipped through the Kaplan Review book for Ochem and it doesn't look like there are a lot of mechanisms. Can this bet TRUE? O.O

Thanks for your replies!

GCS-15

2+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I heard they really de-emphasized the ochem. Apparently there's only 1 ochem passage in the whole test. Don't quote me tho- that's just what I've heard. Can anyone who took the 2015 mcat share to share their ochem experiences?

Reactions: BPCM
D

deleted407021

Your individual exam may or may not have a lot or no ochem at all. It appears to be random. Some people on the MCAT subforum have stated as much after they took the test.

About the Ads
Aug 11, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
It has a LOT of biochem. If it has ochem, I felt like it was about amino acids. I don't really remember but it had BIOCHEM A LOT.

catie_jane

2+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I had a crap ton of o-chem on my exam and very little biochem/amino acid related on my C/P.
But others who took it the same day said it was the other way around for them.

Unfortunately it is luck of the draw when it comes to material on your exam so all I can say is study and be well-versed in every subject/topic

Flashfan

7+ Year Member
May 22, 2010
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
It sems like every test this year was different. I had a ton of biochem and almost no O-Chem, June had more and July had a ton.

rocklobstr

2+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I don't think I had more than 2 or 3 o-chem questions. A crap ton of biochem though

Jun 16, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I can't even remember any O-chem. Tons of biochem, healthy amount of gen chem. Perhaps 1-2 O-chem Q's.

About the Ads