Ochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osimsDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this correct:

HCl and ROOR adds Mark
HBr and ROOR adds anti-mark

now how about Br/hv does that add also mark??? and Cl/hv adds anti-mark??

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Is this correct:

HCl and ROOR adds Mark
HBr and ROOR adds anti-mark

now how about Br/hv does that add also mark??? and Cl/hv adds anti-mark??

thanks

I thought br/hv reacts only with alkanes.....and r u sure that HCl and ROOR adds Mark because the way i remember it is whenever there is peroxides then its always anti-mark

I thought br/hv reacts only with alkanes.....and r u sure that HCl and ROOR adds Mark because the way i remember it is whenever there is peroxides then its always anti-mark
No HCL with ROOR adds Mark b/c Cl is too reactive or something...

Members don't see this ad :)
but am i correct about the ROOR part with HBr and HCl?
yea...HBr with ROOR adds anti-markov but HCl with ROOR adds mark b/c Cl is too reactive or something like that. I dont have better explanation for it, I am looking for it in my orgo book...

yea...HBr with ROOR adds anti-markov but HCl with ROOR adds mark b/c Cl is too reactive or something like that. I dont have better explanation for it, I am looking for it in my orgo book...

yea i saw it in destroyer in the explanations in the back of ochem but i cant find it anymore haha, it was somewhere in the beginning

I couldnt find it in my orgo book but I found it in destroyer its # 90 but I have old edition

Also on this website look on page # 2

http://cactus.dixie.edu/smblack/chem2310/reaction_cards/reaction_cards_2310.pdf

I did just destroyer all of yesterday, i studied for like 12 hours and i swear to you i have not learned so much in my life about ochem as i did yesterday....that book for ochem is AMAZING...first i went over the road maps and memorized them and then went to the problems...its crazy how questions can help you learn so much better.

I did just destroyer all of yesterday, i studied for like 12 hours and i swear to you i have not learned so much in my life about ochem as i did yesterday....that book for ochem is AMAZING...first i went over the road maps and memorized them and then went to the problems...its crazy how questions can help you learn so much better.
yea i know its amazing...i went over it twice last year and this time I have already gone over it once. Will go over it again before the real thing. I have practically memorize the whole destroyer since I have already done it 3x in 1 year

Hey Osims,

you need to clean up your inbox a bit bro lol I was gonna PM you but it said your inbox is full!!! :D