Oculoplastics salary?

Started by md_doc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

md_doc

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is an average starting salary for oculoplastics in a large private ophthalmology group in NY? What about 3-4 years into practice?
Also with partnership track, any insight as to what the potential is realistically as a partner?

Thanks.
 
I actually don't think it's very high. I was once really interested in oculoplastics. I learned how much overlap there is with ENT and also the general plastic surgeons. It seems like a sweet gig, but I think there's a lot of saturation in that market.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you're private practice doing cosmetic endoscopic brow lifts, cosmetic injections, and cosmetic lower lid blepharoplasties, your income is your call. You can probably make 7 figures if you work hard and advertise hard with good outcomes.

As a starting surgeon, you will probably have to build up your reputation for years to get there.