Odd email from JHU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdf46

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got an email from JHU telling me that they had received all my application materials and that the application was being sent to the admissions committee for review. WTF? I had everything sent to them in August. Anyone else get a similar email recently? Wasn't really expecting an interview there, but how late do they run interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I received the same message yesterday - and I submitted all my materials JUST before the Dec 1 deadline. So that's about a month and a half to be marked complete...

got the same message yesterday. i sent in everything by november. so maybe they do things in very random chunks?
no clue.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent everything in late october/early november, and no response, even about being complete. I just called for like the gazillioninth time, though, and got a live person. They said my app was just completed yesterday and I must have been missing something they just got. I haven't sent them anything in months, which means they just had things lost in stacks of paper somewhere, probably.

Anyway, I'll be in Baltimore in 2 weeks, but even if I get an interview at this point, I doubt I'll get it scheduled while I'm there.

We'll see, though. They can't have many interviews/spots left this late, being as competitive as they are. Well, at least that's what my pessimistic side thinks.

Well, I got ahold of live person today and told them I was going to be in Baltimore. She forwarded my app to the VP of admissions and called me back a few hours later with a 2-1 interview. So, they're giving 'em out!

ahhh congrats doctordreamer!! i still have not received any notification of being complete

bleH!

I also got a similar email saying I am just now complete. All my information was sent mid-November.

I just got an email today saying the same thing. It is hard for me to believe they are just completing applications? How long does their interview season run? I guess the email was good news because it means they didn't lose my file. :thumbup:

I just got an email today saying the same thing. It is hard for me to believe they are just completing applications? How long does their interview season run? I guess the email was good news because it means they didn't lose my file. :thumbup:

My guess is that they had so many applications flood in, with the exception of the early applicants, they've had stacks and stacks of letters of recc, apps, checks, etc. sitting around waiting to be filed, and over the last couple of weeks they've filed a lot of them away, finding files complete that had everything sent in months ago.

But we do know that they're still giving out interviews, although I don't know how many. That's the good news.

sooo...if anyone has been following my saga...ive been trying to find out whether im complete at hopkins...and called today and actually got a voicemail...left a message and within ten minutes got a nice call back...

i guess my app WAS late but they are still considering it and its still in the process which is why i havent gotten a complete notice yet...

but yay hopkins..i like them now because they are actually on speaking terms with me FINALLY (and cuz they dint throw me out for being slow =) )