SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Odd Interview Experience

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by TwoSteveSquared, Nov 11, 2001.

1. TwoSteveSquared

TwoSteveSquared Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Last week I had an interview was with a biochem PhD regarding, well xxxx med school.

Instead of asking me typical questions about my background, ambitions, etc., he asked me very specific questions along the lines of a quiz in biochem. No I'm not kidding.

Questions like, so if a reaction is based on the principle of going to a lower Gibbs Free energy state, then how, is it possible for an enzyme to work in both directions?

I was sweating by the time it was over. Luckily he followed my biochem test with questions like: "Don't you think it is hypocritical to believe in science and God at the same time?" Yeah, easy stuff.

Honestly, the interviewer was a very interesting guy, who was obviously very very intelligent. But, his line of questioning really threw me off. Hope it went well.

Has anyone ever heard of such an atypical type of interview?

The students at the school said that was very odd, considering the school is well known for a relaxed attitude.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. none

none 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2001
    What exactly was in your primary/secondary that caused this person to give you a biochem quiz?

4. TwoSteveSquared

TwoSteveSquared Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Closed file. So, nothing. Even if it was open file, the only link I can think of is a letter of rec from my biochem prof.

Very strange, huh?

5. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats 10+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2001
    City
    Sounds like a fun interview to me :)

I would have enjoyed it!
    Much more so than stupid "what are your weaknesses and why will you fail at our med school?"