Odd Job Description question - Post Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Learn Support

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
All:

I'm interviewing for a Masters-level position as a disabled student advisor and part of this college's job description is " .Working Knowledge of Diagnostic Cognitive Assessment with ability to create and conduct diagnostic assessment as necessary"

At my present employer, all students with disabilities provide documentation from Md's and PhD's regarding their disabilities for eligibility.

1: Why would they be wanting someone at the Master's level running cognitive assessments?

2: Wondering what I should say in the interview. I'm thinking something like "Many schools use the Woodcock Johnson batteries to assess LD, and I'd be honored to take on training and be your resource to be your WJ person. We could also look at external clinicians in the are that could do this for us as another option."

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

E.G. MS, CRC

Members don't see this ad.

Learn Support,

It's unfortunate that no one was in the position to answer you question.....
How did the interview end up? Seeing as this is almost 1 yr ago, I'm sure there has been a lot that has occurred since then.

I also wanted to take some time to 'pick your brain' about Rehabilitation Counseling. I see that you are a CRC, and obviously have your masters; how did you come about choosing this field? What is the current job market like, given the current state of the economy, in you opinion? Also, what advice would you have to someone possibly looking into entering a CORE accredited program in RC?

Any time you have to give some insight would be spectacular! Thanks
-MFTPS