Odd Yale Email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owen_osh

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an interview invitation from Yale today (10/8), but the email had one unusual part:

"Because of AMCAS technical problems, this interview invitation is being sent later than we would have preferred, but I hope that you have enough time to schedule your visit without inconvenience."

This is the first I've heard of AMCAS problems this year. I wonder if this was specific to Yale or maybe just something that went wrong with my application transmission. I wonder if technical problems are affecting other schools.

Members don't see this ad.

When was your application complete?

I know that some schools were having problems with AMCAS transmitting. Loyola, for example, requested that AMCAS send them paper copies of all the applications. Mine doesn't show as having transmitted, even though I've already had the interview there. :rolleyes: So Yale may have had a similar problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
AMCAS did have some technical problems this year which delayed processing, but it was not nearly as bad as last year. Go to the interview and good luck.

Originally posted by Premed2003
When was your application complete?

The status check page says my app was complete on 9/23. I think I had everything submitted about two weeks before then.

where is the yale status page?

my yale email said the same thing. i don't think it's a big deal.