% of interviewees granted acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fruity_trident

in lala land
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,
what's the average % of interviewees who get accepted?

and in particular BU (since i got my 1st interview invite there today!! :D )

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

this question has been brought up before in this forum. but the % of interviewees granted acceptance = hard to tell.. but likely i'd say.

congrats!

fruity_trident
How was your interview at BU? Was it stressful or relaxing? Do you mind to describe what the day was like for you (activities, interview,students, etc...).
By the way, don't worry to much about the percentage of getting accepted, it means nothing. Sometimes it gives us too much stress. Just do well on the interview and wait til Dec. 1st.
Have fun!

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm sure the question has been brought up before..i tried a search for it...looked @ about 20 posts with no ballpark figures.

i didn't have the interview yet. i just got the invite today!

thanks!

From what I remember when I interviewed two years ago, about half the schools I visited gave stats away. Tufts was very straight-forward, and said that they gave about 500 interviews (to about 2000 applicants) and would:

Accept 75-80% of them
Waitlist 10-15%
Deny 10%
Hold out on a decision for a couple percent

Hope this helps!

bort said:
From what I remember when I interviewed two years ago, about half the schools I visited gave stats away. Tufts was very straight-forward, and said that they gave about 500 interviews (to about 2000 applicants) and would:

Accept 75-80% of them
Waitlist 10-15%
Deny 10%
Hold out on a decision for a couple percent

Hope this helps!

yeap! thanks!!

hes talking about tufts. BU probabely interviews 800 just check the interview thread and note how many of us have interviews there. UF said they would interview in the low 200s and the class is 80 students.

Yes, but the numbers I mentioned for Tufts were the same (generally) that they mentioned at Pacific, Univ. of WA and here at Penn. A large majority (2/3 or more) of students will be accepted--far more than will actually attend (for instance, I interviewed at 8 schools and only needed one of those 8 acceptances)--and then just a portion of those accepted will actually attend.

Regardless of the actual numbers, it's probably safe to say with most schools that it's harder to get from applicant to interview acceptance than from interview to admission acceptance.

good point! You just made my self-esteem for the day! :)

Also if you factor in the fact that you are interviewing before the first round of acceptance letters (Dec. 1) then youre chances are really good. I'm just saying this but I bet about 90-95% of people with a first round interview(Before Dec. 1) get accepted. Of the 8 people I know who went to dental school last year, all of them that had interviews before Dec. 1 got acceptance letters from those schools. There were about 50% that got acceptances when their interviews were after the Dec. 1 deadline.

The stats they gave me at the UIC and UMKC interviews were (appx):
UIC- 850 applied, 130 interviewed, 65 accepted
UMKC- 860 applied, 180 interview, 108 accpeted

so roughly 50-60% acceptance rate after your interview here in the midwest.

vento you are scaring me.. my application is just going to clear aadsas this week and i probably wont' have any interviews till after december the way process goes i guess. i just hope my stats will hold me up 21AA and 3.4 gpa

fruity_trident said:
hey everyone,
what's the average % of interviewees who get accepted?

and in particular BU (since i got my 1st interview invite there today!! :D )

thanks

Hi, congrats on your interview. I got an invitation to BU yesterday as well. When is your interview?

Also, for anyone else who heard from BU recently, what sort of interview dates are you getting? I just know about my interview from infosource so i dont know the date yet but I hope its before Dec. 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
For UNLV (last year)
~1800 applied, ~350 interviewed, 75 accepted

I believe, that this year they have received over 2000 applications so far

ItsGavinC said:
For Arizona: ~2,800 applied, 300 interviewed, 85 accepted

Wow, that's a 3% acceptance rate. :eek:

85 accepted? I though AZ took 54? Did the change it for this year Gavin?

The web site says 54, and that is what they said at the interview.
So what percentage is that now.....

Pretty darn low, ehh Bup!

:(

for those of you who have received BU interviews how long did it take for infosource to change from "Application under review" to say that you're invited for an interview? for the past 2 weeks it has said my app is under review..do u think it's cuz my science gpa is under a 3.0?

MitchSE-R said:
for those of you who have received BU interviews how long did it take for infosource to change from "Application under review" to say that you're invited for an interview? for the past 2 weeks it has said my app is under review..do u think it's cuz my science gpa is under a 3.0?

for my application status..it went from "N/A" to "inivited for interview". i only have 1 LOR, transcript & DAT (supposedly) sent in.

i've got another LOR sent last week...but canadian customs are on strike!! :eek: that SUCKS!!!!

RANARK: congrats to u too! i got my letter today from BU saying my interview is march 1. but i'm trying to get a regional one! like everyone else, u find on infosource, then 2 days letter u get the snail mail

Penn: Said they interview ~340 from ~1800 and accept just enough to fill their class (only 1 came off waitlist last year; 118 seats this year).

Harvard: Said they interview ~120 from ~700 and accept ~45 (35 seats).

Columbia: Can't remember what they said but their class is ~75 and they interview ~300 I think. :D

Darksunshine said:
85 accepted? I though AZ took 54? Did the change it for this year Gavin?

The web site says 54, and that is what they said at the interview.
So what percentage is that now.....

Pretty darn low, ehh Bup!

:(

Gavin is saying that to fill the 54 spots they typically accept 85. They still only enroll 54.

kokopelli said:
For UNLV (last year)
~1800 applied, ~350 interviewed, 75 accepted

I believe, that this year they have received over 2000 applications so far

I think one of your number is wrong. UNLV accepted more than 75 people. I think it was 136 people got accepted (this is from the presentation given by UNLV to their interviewees). But of course only 75 people agreed to attend the school and got enrolled.

Regarding to Boston interview, it seems almost everyone receive an invitation for interview from Boston. For instance, some people who have not complete their profiles yet still get interview. And interview dates are given based on alphabetical order ( i think). I sent in my application really early and one of my friends sent her application in much later, but she has interview date before me. So don't be too worried about getting interview from Boston. I am notsaying everyone will get one, but most people will.

I got my BU letter in the mail late last week for an interview on Feb 15.

drat said:
I got my BU letter in the mail late last week for an interview on Feb 15.

i got my mail yesterday, and interview for march 1.
but i've been granted a regional one

Is it better to go on a regional interview or actually show up to the school. Part me says that showing up at the school is better, but the wallet is saying try and get a regional interview.

Looking at 500 vs 20 bucks.

Whats boston like in January?

Veneto said:
Also if you factor in the fact that you are interviewing before the first round of acceptance letters (Dec. 1) then youre chances are really good. I'm just saying this but I bet about 90-95% of people with a first round interview(Before Dec. 1) get accepted. Of the 8 people I know who went to dental school last year, all of them that had interviews before Dec. 1 got acceptance letters from those schools. There were about 50% that got acceptances when their interviews were after the Dec. 1 deadline.

This it'd be fukin great. I got First round Interviews from only 2 but they were my top 2 ( IU and Mich).

Many of my Kaplan friends I don't think realized how crucial getting that interview before Dec 1st. is. Some are starting to spaz and what not because they haven't heard anything and probably won't this late in the game.

ItsGavinC said:
About 85 accepted, with 54 matriculating (every school accepts more than they can handle because not everybody matriculates).

AHh, I got you now. I was thinking actual class size, not how many they accepted and the ones that "really" ended up coming.

:)