# of Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shanti

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone care to comment on how many interviews they have? This will give us a rough idea of where most applicants should be?
Shanti

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the "Heard from any programs" thread, or the comprehensive list compiled by Odeioh.

I'm up to 8. Applied to 30 all in the NE.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suppose I should have clarified on that last question. How many interviews do people have? How many do they intend to go to? After how many interviews do you feel comfortable that you will match? I am personally up to 9.
Shanti

I've asked many residents this same question and have gotten pretty much the same answer...apply to many schools and then interview at about 8-12 places (avg being about 9-10 from those I talked to). They said they felt comfortable about matching with that many interviews and said taking more would not be helpful because of interview burnout. Unfortunately, we have to interview for preliminary programs as well...so this probably adds to the burnout factor...hope this helps some.

In regards to preliminary interviews, I have heard many different stories ranging from interviewing at one program to as many as ten.

This late in the game and I still only have 6 invites - I'm beginning to sweat bullets here - 90% of programs have notified already...

anyone else in the same boat?

Beefy, I wouldn't sweat it just yet. Example, I'm a "late-bloomer" so to speak. Prior to late last week, I only had 1 interview and now I am up to 6! Two of those are at top ten programs so I would not give up hope yet!!
Wilmer, UCLA and MEEI have only just begun giving out interviews and Wills has not even started. That leaves some leg room to hit the 8-9 mark. I will not give up hope and neither should you. as far as i'm concerned, "it ain't over till the fat lady sings" ;)

i'm in the same boat...i've been offered six interviews so far. i was hoping that once the dean's letters were out more would be rolling in, but that hasn't been the case yet. all i can say is that i hope they'll be coming in soon... :confused: