Off Cycle Pg1 Positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Khurram Tanveer

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here to SDN. Im a us img and unfortunately due to some error in my OET scoring my ecfmg was delayed and I was kicked out of the NRMP. How would i go about to find off cycle Pg1 spots? Pretty upset as i had several interviews but could not rank any of them. Any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

That's incredibly unfortunate. Does this mean you're also not eligible for SOAP?

There is no particular centralized source where off-cycle jobs are posted. I might start by reaching out to the programs that interviewed you and explain what happened; it is conceivable that one of those programs could have a resident fail to onboard or fail out shortly after starting. Same for any institutions where you may have rotated.

Otherwise, you just have to keep your ear to the ground for any opportunities and prepare for an ERAS reapplication.

Yes unfortunately it means I will not be able to SOAP. I will try to reach out to the programs where I interviewed

Agree reach out to programs you interviewed at. If they don't fill, they might be willing to not fill a position in SOAP and save it for you. They won't be able to officially talk to you about it until after SOAP. Otherwise programs may have someone who can't start for any number of reasons, or a new program might open, or a program may get a complement increase. You can check the ACGME site for new;y accredited programs on a regular basis. Definitely reach out to places that interviewed you, so that they know the story and might consider you next year.

Might also be helpful to post details of how your OET was delayed? Best for future applicants to avoid this problem if possible. Even without further details, lesson for others is to ensure these things are complete long before deadlines.