Off subject: Homework help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndearwater

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who knows.... what type of microbe causes Cyclosporiasis? I know the name of it is Cyclospora cayetanensis and that it's a unicellular parasite but I don't know if it's actually a bacteria, protozoa or some other weird thing.
As hard as I google, I cannot find the answer! Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
ndearwater said:
For anyone who knows.... what type of microbe causes Cyclosporiasis? I know the name of it is Cyclospora cayetanensis and that it's a unicellular parasite but I don't know if it's actually a bacteria, protozoa or some other weird thing.
As hard as I google, I cannot find the answer! Thanks guys!

I searched my micro book and cyclopsoriasis is caused by a protozoan. *Brock Biology of microorganisms 10th ed*
Hope that helps =)

If you ever get a chance, take parasitology. I really enjoyed that class in undergrad. You learn all the protozoa, diseases transmitted via insects, worms, flukes, etc. Not many people study parasites, yet many people get diseases by being bit by ticks, have head lice, etc. I thought it was a good elective to take.

They really skim over parasitic disease in pharmacy school. I had to post corrections to the professors lecture on malaria for pharmacology. He didn't have a clue.