Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Off Topic: Which Adobe to fill out forms?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by TCIrish03, Feb 16, 2007.

1. TCIrish03

TCIrish03 Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I can get software pretty cheap here at work (to use at home). I can get either Adobe Acrobat Standard 7.0 for $40 or Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0 for $65.

A cursory reaction would be, go with Pro 8.0 however, I was unsure about stability, unnecessary bells and whistles, compatibility issues, etc and I'm not concerned about 15 bucks difference. However, most people here are more computer savvy than me, so I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts/experience.

Bottom line is, I don't create my own forms, nor do I see the need to anytime soon. My needs are being able to save forms once they are already filled out (e.g., my secondaries which you obviously can't do with just the Reader). There were a couple secondaries that the formatting needed fixing (such as Rosalind), but a poster here made a fix for all of us to use. Can that be accomplished in Standard or in Professional?

Thanks in advance

2. IceMan0824

IceMan0824 Holy crip, he's a crapple
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Both Standard and Professional version will allow you to save pdf. The difference between both are the more advanced bell & whistles that you don't care about.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chad5871

Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. IceMan0824

IceMan0824 Holy crip, he's a crapple
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Pretty much

Acrobat (like Jesus) saves.
    Reader just lets you view.

5. GT2

GT2
    2+ Year Member

I know prof. allows you to type on the pdf itself.

6. Shpamme

Shpamme status pages confuse me.
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I agree--Professional does allow you to type on the PDF itself. But isn't that only for some forms, that particular schools made fillable when they created them? I thought with other schools, the forms were not fillable period, even with Adobe Professional software, because the school didn't create them as fillable.

7. GT2

GT2
    2+ Year Member

you can create the fillables yourself if the school did not make them fillable. thats a pro with adobe pro haha :laugh: