• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

Off Topic: Which Adobe to fill out forms?

TCIrish03

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I can get software pretty cheap here at work (to use at home). I can get either Adobe Acrobat Standard 7.0 for $40 or Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0 for $65.

A cursory reaction would be, go with Pro 8.0 however, I was unsure about stability, unnecessary bells and whistles, compatibility issues, etc and I'm not concerned about 15 bucks difference. However, most people here are more computer savvy than me, so I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts/experience.

Bottom line is, I don't create my own forms, nor do I see the need to anytime soon. My needs are being able to save forms once they are already filled out (e.g., my secondaries which you obviously can't do with just the Reader). There were a couple secondaries that the formatting needed fixing (such as Rosalind), but a poster here made a fix for all of us to use. Can that be accomplished in Standard or in Professional?

Thanks in advance

IceMan0824

Holy crip, he's a crapple
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Both Standard and Professional version will allow you to save pdf. The difference between both are the more advanced bell & whistles that you don't care about.

About the Ads

Shpamme

status pages confuse me.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I agree--Professional does allow you to type on the PDF itself. But isn't that only for some forms, that particular schools made fillable when they created them? I thought with other schools, the forms were not fillable period, even with Adobe Professional software, because the school didn't create them as fillable.

GT2

10+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
I agree--Professional does allow you to type on the PDF itself. But isn't that only for some forms, that particular schools made fillable when they created them? I thought with other schools, the forms were not fillable period, even with Adobe Professional software, because the school didn't create them as fillable.

you can create the fillables yourself if the school did not make them fillable. thats a pro with adobe pro haha :laugh:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.