offcamp vs with parent loan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dimeadozenn

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I put I'm living off campus on my loans, so I can get Max loan by putting the same address that my parents have? I do not want to put with parents bc I want the Max loan....but to put off campus I'm worried that they will not give me the loan I want, only a smaller loan....so how can I get off camp loan with the same address as my parents?
 
I agree with the above poster. Usually living at home is done in order to save yourself from incurring the higher burden. That said, I live at home and still have access to the max loan amount should I ever feel the need to take it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A parent plus loan does not qualify for IBR fyi. Only the never used and significantly less generous ICR. Which you/your parent will have to pay in addition to whatever loans are in only your name.
 
I see that is good to know thanks! Do I have to file for the repayment plans before i start school or after i graduate? And can I not fill out the parent plus mpn and still be fine?
 
I agree 100%. You will be making 6 figures...live it up a little. You are only young once!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad