Offers at Pepperdine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NEpsych

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard about offers at Pepperdine yet? That is the only school I am waiting to hear from, so I am just trying to get an idea if anyone else has heard yet. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Still no word from Pepperdine on my end. Out of curiosity, what was your impression of their program? I knew very little about this particular program when I applied, but I left the interview with a good feeling about the place. The Prof. I interviewed with seemed to indicate that there were research opportunities available to students in addition to the clinical training. That was a big selling point for me. That and the southern california weather of course!

Good luck!

crdslper said:
Still no word from Pepperdine on my end. Out of curiosity, what was your impression of their program? I knew very little about this particular program when I applied, but I left the interview with a good feeling about the place. The Prof. I interviewed with seemed to indicate that there were research opportunities available to students in addition to the clinical training. That was a big selling point for me. That and the southern california weather of course!

Good luck!
CRDSPER,
I really liked it and I think its actually my first choice, thats why I am getting a little anxious in why I haven't heard. My roommate applied there too and she hasn't heard (but i didnt know if we were both rejects or not). As for the program I have heard good things about it. The fact that it is a masters start is huge because you will be getting right into the middle of things with practicum and work. I thought the facilities were great too in terms of technology and opportunities in the greater LA area are certainly abundant! What other schools did you apply to/get offers at?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi NEpsych,

Yeah, it did seem like an excellent program and a great place to live! My only problem with Pepperdine is that there are no real opportunities in behavioral sleep medicine (which is one of my two main areas of interest). Hopefully with some good behavioral medicine practicum placements I would be able to get a predoc. internship in the area though. My guess is that we will be hearing back relatively soon. Sounds like we might be in the same program next year!

I did not do a very thorough job with my applications this year. I applied to GSU, Virginia Consortium, Pepperdine and PGSP-Stanford. Unfortunately, I got rejected from the consortium and I am still waiting to hear from the others. I have not ruled out staying in Boston and working for another year as a possibility either. Did you apply to PGSP as well?

crdslper said:
Hi NEpsych,

Yeah, it did seem like an excellent program and a great place to live! My only problem with Pepperdine is that there are no real opportunities in behavioral sleep medicine (which is one of my two main areas of interest). Hopefully with some good behavioral medicine practicum placements I would be able to get a predoc. internship in the area though. My guess is that we will be hearing back relatively soon. Sounds like we might be in the same program next year!

I did not do a very thorough job with my applications this year. I applied to GSU, Virginia Consortium, Pepperdine and PGSP-Stanford. Unfortunately, I got rejected from the consortium and I am still waiting to hear from the others. I have not ruled out staying in Boston and working for another year as a possibility either. Did you apply to PGSP as well?

I applied to virigina consortium and got rejected as well. my roommate got in there and I think she may be going there. In terms of standford consortium I didn't apply there but i heard its a great program as well. As for Pepperdine I am interested in studying trauma, abuse, and PTSD so there are a couple of great faculty there to do that with. Keep in touch and be sure to let me know when you hear! good luck :luck:

Hi NEpsch-

Well, I finally heard back from Pepperdine. It looks like I am waitlisted. I am slightly surprised I got that far given their feelings on my clinical experience (or lack thereof). The prof. I interviewed with actually told me during the interview that I would probably be a better fit at a PhD program. At any rate, I'll see what happens. I am interviewing at pgsp-stanford next week and I have been hearing some great things about the program. Good luck either way! Hope you get better news!

crdslper said:
Hi NEpsch-

Well, I finally heard back from Pepperdine. It looks like I am waitlisted. I am slightly surprised I got that far given their feelings on my clinical experience (or lack thereof). The prof. I interviewed with actually told me during the interview that I would probably be a better fit at a PhD program. At any rate, I'll see what happens. I am interviewing at pgsp-stanford next week and I have been hearing some great things about the program. Good luck either way! Hope you get better news!

yeah I got waitlisted too. As did my roommate. Actually the 5 people I have talked to that applied got waitlisted so who knows who they took. Best of luck with the standford constortium! i am heading to chicago for school....

Wow...must be a ton of people on the wait list! Not going to wait them out? Congrats on Chicago. It is a fun town, I am sure you will enjoy it.

PGSP-Stanford looked like a good program. I was impressed with everything but the price tag and Palo Alto itself. I'll probably accept there anyways though. The research opportunities at stanford seem to good for me to pass up. I'll just have to convince myself that Palo Alto can be as fun as Boston.

Congratulations and good luck in the midwest!