Official 2007 Interview thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smgilles

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will start.

UMich 11/11/06

Members don't see this ad.

My boyfriend received invites from U Mich, Mayo, and UF today. Yay!

Members don't see this ad :)
My boyfriend received invites from U Mich, Mayo, and UF today./QUOTE]

tell him congrats on those top notch invites! but tell him to be weary of UF. I did not interview there but recently spoke with a colleague who recently graduated from their anesthesia program and he said it was murder, not at all what it cracked up to be on the interview trail.

maybe someone here from UF can chime in and give some first hand experience?

Hey all, new the forum, but have been reading for awhile.
U of Mich today, 9/11/06

I am on away rotation at uf... Yeah its tough during the week.. but hell you get three and half wknds off every month.. also the teaching is amazing and most of the attendings are very friendly and teach...

I will comment more on this program a little later...

at uf you get 3 weekends off per month? awesome. is that for every year?

Got my first one today! Oklahoma 10/27

Got my first one today as well. Badgas, I may see you at Oklahoma on 10/27.

..Oh my God, I feel like stabbing myself in the eye....they are requesting interviews already??...I just submitted my application yesterday....and only one of my LORS is ready....here's looking at a long interview season...

Add U. of Kansas-Wichita

Penn State today

So far:
1. U. of Michigan interview 9/11
2. John Hopkins acknowledgment 9/11
3. U. of Kansas-Wichita interview 9/12
4. BID acknowledgment 9/12
5. Penn State interview 9/13

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone out there who is freaking out about not receiving interviews, cause I am.

PHP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Dreams  
Is there anyone out there who is freaking out about not receiving interviews, cause I am. 

...raises hand....

Jeez, I'm totaly freaking out!
I haven't received anything yet...

I think I might have messed up sth in my application...
The only thing I can think of that would really hurt me is my visa status (FMG). Under current status I checked EAD and under expected visa I put immigrant (I'm adjusting status to permanent resident right now). I hope programs don't think I expect them to sponsor green card for me :confused:
Any advice on changing that?

Penn State today

So far:
1. U. of Michigan interview 9/11
2. John Hopkins acknowledgment 9/11
3. U. of Kansas-Wichita interview 9/12
4. BID acknowledgment 9/12
5. Penn State interview 9/13

Why do you have acknowledgment and then a date. What, have they acknowledged that you want an interview for that date?:confused: I know programs are sending out form letters telling us that they may wait for the deans letter or for further parts of the application. Is that what you are calling an acknowledgment? And if so, why the date?

Why do you have acknowledgment and then a date. What, have they acknowledged that you want an interview for that date?:confused: I know programs are sending out form letters telling us that they may wait for the deans letter or for further parts of the application. Is that what you are calling an acknowledgment? And if so, why the date?

I'm sure they are referring to the date they recieved the acknowledgment from JHU and BID...I know this because I received them too...and yes...the "acknowledgments" are just saying they will wait until MSPEs are released blah blah blah....now just take a deep breath because you will survive this

I think those dates indicate when they heard from those programs. I don't think the interviews are on 9/11 or 12 since today is the 13th...

I think those dates indicate when they heard from those programs. I don't think the interviews are on 9/11 or 12 since today is the 13th...

Exactly...sorry wasn't trying to confuse anyone. Was simply stating that was the day I had been offerend an invite, so people who had also applied to those programs should be hearing something.

I finally have an interview for anesthesiology! Texas A&M/S&W via email today
Yesterday I got one for transitional year at JPS in Fort Worth

another anti-climactic acknowledgment-this time from Mt. Sinai saying they will send out invites when they get MSPEs etc etc etc and they will only contact those with interview invites from here on out

another anti-climactic acknowledgment-this time from Mt. Sinai saying they will send out invites when they get MSPEs etc etc etc and they will only contact those with interview invites from here on out

Ditto. But at least it is better than silence :(

So, the only interviews I've received are for transitional and prelim years. No anesthesiology yet; however, I see none of the schools I applied to yet on here sending out interviews. I sent my application out right after labor day weekend and only have 2 of my letters of recs in so far.

I guess I only picked 12 places because the chair of anesthiology and the dean of my school said to apply to like 10-15 places, go interview and rank them accordingly. So.... we'll see where that gets me. Hehe

I'll start wigging when my schools start showing up on this thread. :)

Peace,
John

Wake is your safety school? OOOK... good luck with that.

Maybe I'll just apply to a few of the crappy programs that will surely go unfilled... like Duke or Columbia! :laugh:

Maybe I'll just apply to a few of the crappy programs that will surely go unfilled... like Duke or Columbia! :laugh:

make sure your sparkling, modest personality shines through in the interview or you'll lose your spot to a left handed paraplegic jewish FMG from the bottom third of their DO class...

I noticed there was some activity on ERAS today. A number of programs downloaded my info for the first time. Maybe the wheel is starting to roll. Hopefully, we'll see some serious activity soon.

haha you guys have the most hilarious personalities. Anyways, I just added another 10 schools to my ERAS application cuz of this thread ;)

You guys... chill out. No need to stress out. If it makes any of you feel better, I haven't even submitted my ERAS application! Plan to do so next week or so. I doubt submitting this "late" will hurt my chances (at least that what I keep telling myself...).

YES!!!!!!:eek: I've told my-self I can only check the email 10 times a day. Hopefully this helps!!!!:idea:

Well it seems like only 3 or 4 schools (out of 130 some) have offered any interviews. The only ones I know of are Oklahoma, Michigan, and Kansas-Wichita. So there's no need to freak out especially if you didn't apply to these programs.

nothing wrong with being in the bottom third of your DO class

:D

I got the U of Fl one today too. :)

UAB Invite in Snail Mail today 9-16-06 dated 9-13-06

Call to schedule interview...they provide lodging at the Marriot and of course a meal the night before...

way too cool-I'm so excited

I know how you feel about being down. Not only am I "patiently" waiting for an interview offer, but I'm studying for step 2 which I'll be taking in a couple of weeks. Talk about insult on inury.

Anyways, what this means now is that not only will I be checking my e-mail and eras account constantly, I'll also be going to the mail box several times throughout the day. :scared:

Doesn't it seem like more interviews were coming earlier last year? Looking at last years interview thread people had 5 interviews by this point. Is it just going more slowly or are people not bragging here??

Doesn't it seem like more interviews were coming earlier last year? Looking at last years interview thread people had 5 interviews by this point. Is it just going more slowly or are people not bragging here??

I hope it is going slower. Because if it is not I need to adjust my plan. I am getting to the point that I want to call the programs and ask them what the heck is going on!!:rolleyes: I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens.

I think it's going slower. I don't know why? There are still about eight programs that have not downloaded any of my information yet :eek:

I sure hope it's going slower!

If anything, I'd use your home institution as a marker...because they would at least offer you an interview right? So if you haven't received an interview from your home institution yet, don't worry :) But if you have had one now for like three weeks... :scared: