*~*Official 2008 Status Check Thread*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bump

Members don't see this ad.

UC Irvine page down for anyone else? (been down since yesterday night...)

Members don't see this ad :)
is Jefferson down?

Last year's thread with links to all the status pages / phone numbers.

Status checks:

Albany - link
Baylor - link
BU - link
Case Western - link
Colorado - link
Cornell - link
Drexel -link
Duke - link
Harvard - link
Iowa - link
Jefferson - link
Kentucky - link
Louisville - link
Loyola - Call Thursdays 9am -5pm CST 708-216-3229
LSU-NO - (504)568-6262 Thursdays 2pm - 4 pm CST
MCW - link
Minnesota - link
MSU - link
Mt. Sinai - (212) 241-6696 (Monday and Wednesdays, 2-4 Eastern)
MUSC - link
Northwestern - link
NYMC - link
Ohio State - link
Oklahoma - email [email protected]
OHSU - link
Penn - link
Penn State - link
Pitt - link
Rochester - link
Rush - link
Stanford - link
St. Louis - link
SUNY Buffalo- link
SUNY Downstate - link
Temple - link
Texas A&M - link
Texas Tech - link
Tufts - link
Tulane - (504) 988-5187 or (504) 988-5331 (Tuesdays and Thursdays 10-2 Central)
UAB - link
UC Davis - link
UC Irvine - link
UCLA - link
UCSD - link
UCSF - link
UChicago - link
UCincinnati - link
UIC - link
UMiami -link
UMich - link
USC (Keck) - link
Utah - link
UT Southwestern-link
UVermont - link
VCU - link
Wake Forest - link
WashU in St. Louis - link
Wright State - link
Yale - link

is Jefferson down?

I think it's a possibility they are doing web site maintenance. The reason I say so is that I checked my status page yesterday and found that I had been offered an interview. I called the office to confirm and to tell the admissions director that my web page was updated, but that I did not receive an automatic interview invitation by email. He asked me to email him if I had not received it by today so that he could notify the I.T. department of the problem. I got an email from him about an hour ago saying he was going to override the system or something like that. About five minutes ago I received the actual interview invitation by email (after I already confirmed and everything) and then shortly after I checked this thread and the website was down. Long story short, they are probably just trying to fix the problem and most likely, the web page will be back up soon. Don't ask me why I felt compelled to tell you all of this, too much coffee I think :) Good luck and congrats on your interview today! I would love to get an interview in NY!

Do you think the bulk of the fall interviews have been offered by jefferson now?
is Jefferson down?

I think it's a possibility they are doing web site maintenance. The reason I say so is that I checked my status page yesterday and found that I had been offered an interview. I called the office to confirm and to tell the admissions director that my web page was updated, but that I did not receive an automatic interview invitation by email. He asked me to email him if I had not received it by today so that he could notify the I.T. department of the problem. I got an email from him about an hour ago saying he was going to override the system or something like that. About five minutes ago I received the actual interview invitation by email (after I already confirmed and everything) and then shortly after I checked this thread and the website was down. Long story short, they are probably just trying to fix the problem and most likely, the web page will be back up soon. Don't ask me why I felt compelled to tell you all of this, too much coffee I think :) Good luck and congrats on your interview today! I would love to get an interview in NY!

Do you think the bulk of the fall interviews have been offered by jefferson now?

Oh I have no idea and I would be completely lying if I said I knew. I have to admit I have no clue about how this med school machine works. Good luck with your interviews. I am sending you positive, warm, fuzzy vibes right now :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

NYMC recieved all my info 8/8, because my virtualevals were released in mid-July. Yet they did not say I was complete until 9/19...2 days ago, I suppose there's nothing I can do about that, but it is still frustrating. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

bump...i love this thread

Status checks:

Albany - link
Baylor - link
Brown - link
BU - link
Case Western - link
Colorado - link
Cornell - link
Drexel -link
Duke - link
Harvard - link
Iowa - link
Jefferson - link
Kentucky - link
Louisville - link
MCW - link
Minnesota - link
MSU - link
MUSC - link
Northwestern - link
NYMC - link
Ohio State - link
OHSU - link
Penn - link
Penn State - link
Pitt - link
Rochester - link
Rush - link
Stanford - link
St. Louis - link
SUNY Buffalo- link
SUNY Downstate - link
Temple - link
Texas A&M - link
Texas Tech - link
Tufts - link
UAB - link
UC Davis - link
UC Irvine - link
UCLA - link
UCSD - link
UCSF - link
UChicago - link
UCincinnati - link
UIC - link
UMiami -link
UMich - link
USC (Keck) - link
Utah - link
UT Southwestern-link
UVermont - link
VCU - link
Wake Forest - link
Wright State - link
Yale - link

NYMC recieved all my info 8/8, because my virtualevals were released in mid-July. Yet they did not say I was complete until 9/19...2 days ago, I suppose there's nothing I can do about that, but it is still frustrating. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

i interviewed at NYMC yesterday, and the dean of admissions said that virtualevals had a major glitch recently. it was probably a VE problem and not a NYMC problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think the harvard page is down

Status checks:

Albany - link
Baylor - link
Brown - link
BU - link
Case Western - link
Colorado - link
Cornell - link
Drexel -link
Duke - link
Harvard - link
Iowa - link
Jefferson - link
Kentucky - link
Louisville - link
MCW - link
Minnesota - link
MSU - link
MUSC - link
Northwestern - link
NYMC - link
Ohio State - link
OHSU - link
Penn - link
Penn State - link
Pitt - link
Rochester - link
Rush - link
Stanford - link
St. Louis - link
SUNY Buffalo- link
SUNY Downstate - link
SUNY Upstate - link
Temple - link
Texas A&M - link
Texas Tech - link
Tufts - link
UAB - link
UC Davis - link
UC Irvine - link
UCLA - link
UCSD - link
UCSF - link
UChicago - link
UCincinnati - link
UIC - link
UMiami -link
UMich - link
USC (Keck) - link
Utah - link
UT Southwestern-link
UVermont - link
VCU - link
Wake Forest - link
Wright State - link
Yale - link

my status for upstate says "Decision Made"!!! that sucks so bad that i cant know what it is for 2 more weeks... :scared:

Does anyone know how to check status with JHU?

my status for upstate says "Decision Made"!!! that sucks so bad that i cant know what it is for 2 more weeks... :scared:

Where does it say that? I interviewed early last month, but I don't even see a place where status is listed.

Where does it say that? I interviewed early last month, but I don't even see a place where status is listed.
yup there is a spot that says status. it's underneath "application preference" which says "not entered". i dont know what that means either.

yup there is a spot that says status. it's underneath "application preference" which says "not entered". i dont know what that means either.

I don't see those spots either and I interviewed early last month.

I don't see those spots either and I interviewed early last month.
i have no idea what this means. now i am scared.
Application Data
Admission Term: Fall 2008 Term
Admission Type: Regular (Standard)
Application Preference: Not entered
Application Status: Decision Made
Current Program
Doctor of Medicine
Level: Professional
Program: Medicine MD
Catalog Term: Fall 2008 Term
College: College of Medicine
Major and Department: Medicine, Medicine

So this could be a silly question, but I've been waiting for washu for a while and on its status page there is a link for "visiting arrangements" where you can pick a date for an interview. Yet nowhere on the site does it say I've been invited for one. Should I be excited at all or does everyone have that link on their page?

So this could be a silly question, but I've been waiting for washu for a while and on its status page there is a link for "visiting arrangements" where you can pick a date for an interview. Yet nowhere on the site does it say I've been invited for one. Should I be excited at all or does everyone have that link on their page?

Maybe Check your spambox? Mine has that link but I got an email inviting me to make an interview appointment.

Prettymonkey, I'm sure you have nothing to be scared about! You probably just went to committee before we did. And since they have a decision about you already it means you can probably look forward to a phone call on the 15th instead of a few days after. If I haven't gone to committee yet, I'm not sure I'll hear back the week of the 15th.

bump because i had to look for it.

Does anybody know if schools will give you your status if you call outside of the specified times? I have class during both of MSSM's status check times, so I haven't been able to check for a quite a while now, since my classes rarely get out early enough.

Status checks:

Albany - link
Baylor - link
Brown - link
BU - link
Case Western - link
Colorado - link
Cornell - link
Creighton - link
Drexel -link
Duke - link
Harvard - link
Iowa - link
Jefferson - link
Kentucky - link
Louisville - link
MCW - link
Minnesota - link
MSU - link
MUSC - link
Nebraska - link
Northwestern - link
NYMC - link
Ohio State - link
OHSU - link
Penn - link
Penn State - link
Pitt - link
Rochester - link
Rush - link
Stanford - link
St. Louis - link
SUNY Buffalo- link
SUNY Downstate - link
SUNY Upstate - link
Temple - link
Texas A&M - link
Texas Tech - link
Tufts - link
UAB - link
UC Davis - link
UC Irvine - link
UCLA - link
UCSD - link
UCSF - link
UChicago - link
UCincinnati - link
UIC - link
UMiami -link
UMich - link
USC (Keck) - link
Utah - link
UT Southwestern-link
UVermont - link
VCU - link
Wake Forest - link
Wright State - link
Yale - link

Status checks:

Albany - link
Baylor - link
Brown - link
BU - link
Case Western - link
Colorado - link
Cornell - link
Creighton - link
Drexel -link
Duke - link
Emory- link
Georgetown- link
Harvard - link
Iowa - link
Jefferson - link
Kentucky - link
Louisville - link
MCW - link
Minnesota - link
MSU - link
MUSC - link
Nebraska - link
Northwestern - link
NYMC - link
Ohio State - link
OHSU - link
Penn - link
Penn State - link
Pitt - link
Rochester - link
Rush - link
Stanford - link
St. Louis - link
SUNY Buffalo- link
SUNY Downstate - link
SUNY Upstate - link
Temple - link
Texas A&M - link
Texas Tech - link
Tufts - link
UAB - link
UC Davis - link
UC Irvine - link
UCLA - link
UCSD - link
UCSF - link
UChicago - link
UCincinnati - link
UIC - link
U Maryland- link
UMiami -link
UMich - link
USC (Keck) - link
Utah - link
UT Southwestern-link
UVermont - link
VCU - link
Wake Forest - link
Wright State - link
Yale - link

I just found this. We should sticky it.

ugh.. i can never find this thread easily!

The link takes me to the secondary application --anyone have any luck checking their OHSU status with the above link??

I know NYU discourages applicants from contacting them, saying that they will notify you by email about your status. I have not heard a peep from them since August when I submitted my secondary. Do they let you know when you are complete?

I know NYU discourages applicants from contacting them, saying that they will notify you by email about your status. I have not heard a peep from them since August when I submitted my secondary. Do they let you know when you are complete?

yeah, I got an email from them saying that my file was complete about 1 month after submitting my secondary. maybe call to double check on your app just in case?

How does one check whether Hopkins has received LORs? Their application home page says you can do this, but I don't find the link. You can check who you said was sending LORs, but not if they received them. The status check only says they have received the secondary...:confused: Ideas?

Edit: Someone else asked this earlier in the thread as well, but it was never answered.

Does anybody know of a way to check your status at UToledo? I couldn't even find a phone number on their website last time I checked (which was a while ago).

How does one check whether Hopkins has received LORs? Their application home page says you can do this, but I don't find the link. You can check who you said was sending LORs, but not if they received them. The status check only says they have received the secondary...:confused: Ideas?

Edit: Someone else asked this earlier in the thread as well, but it was never answered.

Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to check for your LORs online. They're supposed to send an email once you've been marked as complete. I mailed my secondary on 9/6 (LORs were uploaded via VirtualEvals in August), and wasn't marked as complete until 9/28. If your letters were sent via snail mail, it may take a while for them to get to it.