*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder if since Lecom never made a decision I can get my money back....
Your secondary app fee? It was used to feed ya on your interview day i bet. Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted at Temple University. Interviewed on 4/12

Does anyone have any information on the waitlist or know of anyone on the waitlist? This is one of my top choices so it is a bummer, but I am still keeping faith.

Waitlisted at Temple University. Interviewed on 4/12

Does anyone have any information on the waitlist or know of anyone on the waitlist? This is one of my top choices so it is a bummer, but I am still keeping faith.

I think their post-bac. has been making it harder for them to develop their class. I imagine it will move around a lot. I was told by a faculty member in the fall that it looked like all 40 were going to make it, but i've heard recently that some might not make the cut to gain a seat in the class. It all depends.

I think their post-bac. has been making it harder for them to develop their class. I imagine it will move around a lot. I was told by a faculty member in the fall that it looked like all 40 were going to make it, but i've heard recently that some might not make the cut to gain a seat in the class. It all depends.
I heard similar. They're required to get a certain score on the DAT, and some fell short of it. They were given a deadline to retake it, but I can't remember when exactly.

USC is a private school and does not discriminate between in-state and out of state applicants. The Texas in-state 4 year total cost of attendance is literally less than half of USC's, so you should have three dream schools, none of which are outside the state of Texas.
Thank you!!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off of the waitlist on Friday- I'm going to the University of Maryland!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 10 users
USC is a private school and does not discriminate between in-state and out of state applicants. The Texas in-state 4 year total cost of attendance is literally less than half of USC's, so you should have three dream schools, none of which are outside the state of Texas.
Was going to say the same thing. Well said you scumbag.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you mind me asking if you're in-state or out of state? My dream school is USC! But I live in Texas. So I'm worried they don't accept much out of state.

I'm out of state (Colorado) and yeah like everyone else said they aren't supposed to discriminate because they're private haha but there were only two people including me from out of state in my interview. Not that it really matters.

Members don't see this ad :)
TEMPLE - Official Rejection after no other correspondence this entire cycle.. :shrug:

21AA/22PAT/20TS/24RC - 3.33GPA/3.15sGPA

Rejection #7: Temple...

Stats in Signature
AADSAS Mailout: 8/7/2015
Secondary App. Complete: 8/21/2015
Notified via email after 2 post-bac. emails earlier in the year.

Kind of a surprise being that I have a history with the admissions director and had a letter of rec. from my most shadowed dentist who teaches there... Did apply to their post-bac. last year and was rejected also.

Last edited:
Finally just got a rejection email from Minnesota lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'm out of state (Colorado) and yeah like everyone else said they aren't supposed to discriminate because they're private haha but there were only two people including me from out of state in my interview. Not that it really matters.

Congrats on your acceptance!!! Do you feel you did really well in your interview compared to other candidates in your group? May I ask if you mind sharing your stats? Thx a bunch!

Officially rejected from BU today. This is after not hearing anything from them since July :shrug: hahahahah

Officially rejected from BU today. This is after not hearing anything from them since July :shrug: hahahahah
lol I'm still waiting for the honor to be rejected by BU i never got rejected last cycle and didn't hear anything this cycle :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
I still haven't gotten a decision from lecom haha, I'm waiting till the new cycle opens june 1st and I'm gonna call and ask for my money back lmao

you just ain't cut out for that pbl class lol

lol I'm still waiting for the honor to be rejected by BU i never got rejected last cycle and didn't hear anything this cycle :laugh:

I was recently rejected by them, so it may be coming!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm still waitlisted at MN--has anybody heard anything?

OHSU (Oregon)- rejection without interview today via email.

Acceptance to WesternU CDM!

Got the call from Dr. Turchi around 2PM PST.

Reactions: 9 users
Whoa 1,100,000 views on the last cycle and 5,565 replies on it. I'm disappointed we only managed to amass 880,000 views and 5,150 replies.

Reactions: 2 users
1st interview!!!

School: MDW-AZ
Notification date: 7/2/2015
Method of notification: email
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/2014
Application completion date: 6/29/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.03, 3.06 (post bacc 3.86)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20, 21, 24, 21, none
Im also from NC and I have nearly the same stats as you. Can you tell me which post bacc you went to?

Whoa 1,100,000 views on the last cycle and 5,565 replies on it. I'm disappointed we only managed to amass 880,000 views and 5,150 replies.
Next year will generate more views for our thread as students applying next year will go back to see when interviews were sent and specifics, just like every other person on SDN does to see that their school should have already sent an interview invite but is running later than usual leading to this +pissed+

Reactions: 4 users
Next year will generate more views for our thread as students applying next year will go back to see when interviews were sent and specifics, just like every other person on SDN does to see that their school should have already sent an interview invite but is running later than usual leading to this +pissed+
I'm already doing this. :whistle::laugh:

Yeah I thought about that as well. I'm more surprised by the lack of responses/replies.

Acceptance number 2: university of New England

I wanted to withdraw a million times but it was my number one choice for so long. My deposit is already in at NYU. Currently deciding if I want to lose the deposit money.

I love both schools so much

Reactions: 3 users

I wanted to withdraw a million times but it was my number one choice for so long. My deposit is already in at NYU. Currently deciding if I want to lose the deposit money.

If you're going by cost, is UNE CoA cheaper than NYU by more than a few thousand? If so, don't worry about the deposit money.

If you're going by cost, is UNE CoA cheaper than NYU by more than a few thousand? If so, don't worry about the deposit money.

From what I understand, the tuition is very similar. Living costs can be adjusted with roommates. I think it would be between 10,000 a year different

From what I understand, the tuition is very similar. Living costs can be adjusted with roommates. I think it would be between 10,000 a year different

With UNE being cheaper? I think that's significant enough for you to not stay at NYU solely because you've put down a deposit. If you really like UNE better, I say go for it! Make a pro cons list if you can't decide. Always helps lol

With UNE being cheaper? I think that's significant enough for you to not stay at NYU solely because you've put down a deposit. If you really like UNE better, I say go for it! Make a pro cons list if you can't decide. Always helps lol

I'm working on that now haha. I'm also being emotional (trying not to be) because I tried to go there for two years and when I got a different acceptance I kinda gave up hope and convinced myself it wasn't an option. Now I have a lot to think about

I'm working on that now haha. I'm also being emotional (trying not to be) because I tried to go there for two years and when I got a different acceptance I kinda gave up hope and convinced myself it wasn't an option. Now I have a lot to think about

Well there are plenty worse situations to be in :) Good luck with your decision!

Go!

Finally accepted into dental school! This was my second time applying. For those still waiting to hear back and future applicants, never give up on something you really want. As cliche as it sounds, hard work and perseverance never go to waste. It gets hard to believe at times, but the key is to stay positive. Good luck to everyone :)

Acceptance #1: University of New England

Reactions: 22 users
Finally accepted into dental school! This was my second time applying. For those still waiting to hear back and future applicants, never give up on something you really want. As cliche as it sounds, hard work and perseverance never go to waste. It gets hard to believe at times, but the key is to stay positive. Good luck to everyone :)

Acceptance #1: University of New England
Congrats!

For those of you who have applied more than once, did you write a new personal statement? Keep the first one the same? Make edits to the first one?

Congratulations to those who've been recently accepted off the waitlist! It gives me hope. I'm on one right now but I don't think it's gonna happen this cycle so it's time to apply again :(

For those of you who have applied more than once, did you write a new personal statement? Keep the first one the same? Make edits to the first one?

Congratulations to those who've been recently accepted off the waitlist! It gives me hope. I'm on one right now but I don't think it's gonna happen this cycle so it's time to apply again :(
I made the chronological outlines and recreated my personal statement adding my post bacc experiences.

everyone's situation is different, but I heard that it shows lack of motivation/passion when you turn in identical ps.