*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

Started by sjv
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
School: U of Minnesota
Notification date: 9/21/15
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: Iowa
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1
Application complete date: 8/11
GPA: 3.85 overal/ 3.81 science
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20AA/21TS/20 PAT/21RC/ no

Notified 9/21 for an interview on 9/23. Quick turnaround, lets do this.

Wow... 2 day notification. Have fun with that expensive plane ticket ×__×

edit: I didn't realize how close Iowa is to Minneapolis, you're better off driving 4-6 hours than to spend $900 for a plane ticket.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #1!!!!!!! (first time ever & I'm a third time re-applicant!):luck:😍

School:
LECOM
Notification date: 9/22/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/2015
Application complete date: 7/13/2015
GPA (science, overall): 2.75, 2.97 (3.6 grad GPA in SMP)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/19/22/no


ROOTING FOR ALL THE UNDERDOGS!!! 🙂🙂🙂
Happy for you! [emoji119]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Intervie
Interview #1!!!!!!! (first time ever & I'm a third time re-applicant!):luck:😍

School:
LECOM
Notification date: 9/22/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/2015
Application complete date: 7/13/2015
GPA (science, overall): 2.75, 2.97 (3.6 grad GPA in SMP)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/19/22/no


ROOTING FOR ALL THE UNDERDOGS!!! 🙂🙂🙂
That's awesome! Congrats. That's some pretty awesome perseverance there. Good luck with your interview!
 
School: U of Minnesota
Notification date: 9/21/15
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: Iowa
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1
Application complete date: 8/11
GPA: 3.85 overal/ 3.81 science
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20AA/21TS/20 PAT/21RC/ no

Notified 9/21 for an interview on 9/23. Quick turnaround, lets do this.
Doesn't give you much time to prepare! Good luck!
 
Interview #10!!!
School: UCSF
Notification date: 9/22/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/2015
Application complete date: 7/30/2015 (supplemental received)
GPA (science, overall): 3.43, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/23/18/no
 
Interview #4

School: Columbia Universiy
Notification Date: 9/22/15
Method: email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail out: first batch
Application complete: mid August
GPA (science,overall): 4.06, 4.00
DAT(AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section under 17): 22/21/23/26/no
 
Interview #1: Completed 9/8/2015

School: University of Tennessee Health Science Center School of Dentistry
Notification Date: 8/17/2015
Method: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail out: 7/4/2015
Application Complete: 8/10/2015
GPA (Science, Overall): 2.94, 3.30 (Vanderbilt University undergrad)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section under 17): 21/20/23/22/no
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #4!!!!

School: Columbia University (others UF, NYU, USC)
Notification Date: 9/22/15
Method: email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail out: 7/01
Application complete: 7/31
GPA (science,overall): 3.48, 3.65
DAT(AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section under 17): 24/22/22/23/no
 
Interview #2! This is nerve-wracking.

School:
Columbia
Notification date: 9/22/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/10/15
Application complete date: 08/03/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.61, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/22/24/no
 
Interview #2 (so excited....dream school. I pray to the dental lords I don't screw this up)
Also, its kind of strange they have the tours and interviews on separate dates....is this becoming normal? Western university is doing this also.

School: University of Washington
Notification date: 9/22
Method of notification: email
Residency: Hawaii
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2 (but took DAT 8/2)
Application complete date: (8/20)
GPA (science, overall) 3.97, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/none below 17
 
Interview #6! I'm crying tears of joy right now. This was certainly unexpected as an OOSer. I'm so grateful and honored :shy: Moral of the story: don't listen to anyone who tells you not to apply somewhere (aka everyone, lol)

School:
UT-San Antonio
Notification date: 9/22/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OH
AADSAS mail-out date:
07/31/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/20/24/No
 
Interviews 1-4!

School:
Nova
Notification date: 8/26/15
Interview date: 12/4/15

School: Pitt
Notification date: 9/1/15
Interview date: 10/12/15

School: NYU
Notification date: 9/15/15
Interview date: 10/6/15

School: Temple
Notification date: 9/22/15
Interview date: 10/13/15

Method of notification:
Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/04/15
Application complete date: 08/21/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/19/22/no
 
Interview 1
School: University of Washington
Notification date: 9/22
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/21/2015
Application complete date: 08/12/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.2
Graduate MBS GPA: 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/below 17): 21/21/19/22/no
 
Interview #1

School: University of Washington
Notification date: 9/22
Method of notification: email
Residency: Washington
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall) 3.47, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/19/22/QR:16

Rejections: MWU-Az, LECOM, UCSF
Re-evaluation at a later date: University of Iowa
 
Interview #2!

School:
UW
Notification date: 9/22/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA (completed undergrad in different state)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: completed secondary app 8/10/15
GPA: 3.41 science/3.32 BCP/3.59 overall
DAT: 20 AA/18 TS/21 PAT/23 RC/ OC 16 (only one below 18)
Interview date: Oct 23 and 24th 2015.

This is my 2nd year applying. I was waitlisted last year. Hopefully this is the year!
 
Interview 3!

School: University of Washington
Notification date: 9/22
Method of notification: email
Residency: North Dakota
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/16
Application complete date: 9/19
GPA (science, overall) 3.72, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/21/27/none

I've been looking forward to this one 🙂
 
Interview #3
School: University of Nevada Las Vegas
Notification date: 9/22
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/04
Application complete date: 8/27
GPA (science, overall) 3.6, 3.41
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/23/21/20/none

They only take around 10% of OOS students interviewed, so the way I see it I'm playing with house money.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #2

School: UW
Notification date: 9/22
Method of notification: email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 8/20
GPA (science, overall) 3.73, 3.61
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/25/22/no
 
Interview #2!

School:
UW
Notification date: 9/22/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA (completed undergrad in different state)
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: completed secondary app 8/10/15
GPA: 3.41 science/3.32 BCP/3.59 overall
DAT: 20 AA/18 TS/21 PAT/23 RC/ OC 16 (only one below 18)
Interview date: Oct 23 and 24th 2015.

This is my 2nd year applying. I was waitlisted last year. Hopefully this is the year!
Do you remember any interview questions from last year?
 
Woooooo!!! I followed this thread since page 1 hoping to post my first interview and after 2 grueling months of Yahoo mail inbox, spam, ADEA aadsas, and SDN, FINALLY here I am 🙂

School: University of Colorado
Notification date: 9/22
Method of notification: email
Residency: CO
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15/15
Application complete date: 8/13-15
GPA (science, overall) 3.57, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/24/23/no

See you Oct. 9! Just keep swimming...
 
Is UNLV really 10% OOS? 🙁 That's a low percentage. I was hoping it was at least 30%.

Time to contribute!
Interview #1, 2, 3, 4
School: MWU-AZ, NYU, UCSF, UNLV
Notification date: End of July, End of August, 9/14, 9/22
Method of notification: All e-mail
Residency: Cali
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/10
Application complete date: ....
GPA (science, overall)
3.11, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/24/22/none

I didn't think I would make it this cycle, but I did! And I am very excited!
 
Interview # 1!

School: Harvard
Notification date: 9/22
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OR
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/4/2015
GPA (science, overall) 3.42, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 28/30/30/30/no

:troll:

08/04/15:
I just finished my DAT today and earned a 22 AA and 21 TS :clap::soexcited::soexcited:

9/22 notification for a 9/4 mail out? Nah. Even Feralis doesn't have his Harvard interview yet. Also, Harvard notifies by phone.
 
Interview #2 (#1-UDM)

School: Roseman University
Notification date: 9/22/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/28/15
Application complete date: 08/24/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, 3.0 (2 years of post-bac = 3.75)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/25/24/26/no

Waitlist for interview at Midwestern AZ(notification date 9/3/15)
 
Last edited:
Do you remember any interview questions from last year?
From what I can remember, my interviewers pretty much asked about my experience in the dental field, volunteering, etc. "Why do you want to be a dentist" of course. The most random question I remember was them asking to tell about a book a recently read. I think they want to see how well rounded you are. Everyone was super nice during my interviews. It is a very competitive program and a small class to boot. Good luck!
 
Interview 4
School: University of Washington
Notification date: 9/22
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.82, 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/below 17): 26/28/27/25/no
 
From what I can remember, my interviewers pretty much asked about my experience in the dental field, volunteering, etc. "Why do you want to be a dentist" of course. The most random question I remember was them asking to tell about a book a recently read. I think they want to see how well rounded you are. Everyone was super nice during my interviews. It is a very competitive program and a small class to boot. Good luck!

In the email, it said that the format would be MMI...was this the case for you? or is this a new thing they are implementing...

Im having a hard time finding information on MMI interviews for dental school... :scared:
 
:troll:

08/04/15:


9/22 notification for a 9/4 mail out? Nah. Even Feralis doesn't have his Harvard interview yet. Also, Harvard notifies by phone.

upload_2015-9-23_7-12-4.png
 
Interview #6
School: UCSF
Notification date: 9/21/15
Interview date: 10/23/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: Foreign Citizen
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date/s: ...I forgot
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/26/23/no

I heard there was an essay component of the interview. I am not very good at writing in a short period of time 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #2!

School: THE Ohio State University
Notification date: 9/23/15
Method of notification: Phone (e-mail w/ info to come)
Residency: Ohio
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 8/18/15 (when I received e-mail confirmation that app was complete)
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/23/no
 
Interview #2!

School: THE Ohio State University
Notification date: 9/23/15
Method of notification: Phone (e-mail w/ info to come)
Residency: Ohio
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 8/18/15 (when I received e-mail confirmation that app was complete)
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/23/no

Congrats!! Is your interview on Friday the 23rd? Just curious- Did they give you the option of Oct 31 and Nov 14 too?
 
Congrats!! Is your interview on Friday the 23rd? Just curious- Did they give you the option of Oct 31 and Nov 14 too?
Yeah Friday the 23rd. He didn't really go into detail on why it's on Friday instead of Saturday (it's an away football game that week too). They're supposed to send an e-mail later today with more information though. Didn't give me any options, just said that it was on the 23rd and that I should keep that date open.
 
Woooooo!!! I followed this thread since page 1 hoping to post my first interview and after 2 grueling months of Yahoo mail inbox, spam, ADEA aadsas, and SDN, FINALLY here I am 🙂

School: University of Colorado
Notification date: 9/22
Method of notification: email
Residency: CO
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15/15
Application complete date: 8/13-15
GPA (science, overall) 3.57, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/24/23/no

See you Oct. 9! Just keep swimming...


Ill be there October 9th too!! 🙂
 
Interview #7

School: USC
Notification date: 9/18/15
Method of notification: E-mail
Interview Date: ?
Residency: AR
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/24
Application complete date: 6/27
GPA: 3.6 science/3.8 BCP/3.7 overall
DAT: 28 AA/30 TS/23 PAT/28 RC

Plan on deferring to post-December if possible
Deferment failed (all new dates are in October). Withdrew.