*~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sjv

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here we go again....good luck!

Current cycle's Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed): *~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed) *~*~*~*

Last cycle's thread for reference: *~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

Please use the following format so interviews/acceptances/rejections stand out when posting:

School:
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency:
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
GPA (science, overall)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone! excited for all of you since we're all going through the same thing (more or less). don't get discouraged everyone has doubts and worries. you're not alone!!

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #1

School: MWU-AZ
Notificationdate: 6/27
Method of notification: portal, email the following day
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6
Application complete date: 6/21
GPA (science, overall) 3.59, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 22/ TS 22/ PAT 23/ RC 21/ none below 17

Reactions: 18 users
Interview #1!! :soexcited:

Notification date: 6/30
Method of notification: Portal
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/8
Application complete date: 6/15

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
First Interview!

Notification date: 7/1 at 1:30 AM PST
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18
Application complete date: 6/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.55, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/22/(none below 17)

Reactions: 11 users
Interview #1

Notification date: 7/1
Residency: WI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/05
Application complete date: 6/27
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/24/(none below 17)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Yay, first interview!

Notification date: 7/1
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/05
Application complete date: 6/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.43, 3.53
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/25/(none below 17)

Reactions: 5 users
Interview #1

School: Iowa
Notification date: 07/01
Method of notification: e-mail/AADSAS
Residency: International
AADSAS Submission: 06/08
Application complete date: 06/28
GPA (science, overall) 3.98, 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/ TS 25/ PAT 23/ RC 23/ none below 22

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Interview #1

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/ TS 25/ PAT 23/ RC 23/ none below 22

Congrats! I always see you helping others, and your DAT is amazing. Good luck with the interview!

Quick question, when you studied for the DAT, what resources did you use that helped you the most? Im down to my last month, and i don't know if I should just start doing the DAT and Math destroyer or doing a mix of practice tests/BC/ feralis/Cliffs. (FYI im have way through Feralis notes and Cliff). Thanks for the advice

Congrats! I always see you helping others, and your DAT is amazing. Good luck with the interview!

Quick question, when you studied for the DAT, what resources did you use that helped you the most? Im down to my last month, and i don't know if I should just start doing the DAT and Math destroyer or doing a mix of practice tests/BC/ feralis/Cliffs. (FYI im have way through Feralis notes and Cliff). Thanks for the advice
Thanks!!
In my breakdown/materials breakdown I talk extensively about the materials I used. Did you take a look at that? I tried to grade the materials based on difficulty and similarity to the test.
In your last month I would start taking a full exam every few days if you have the time while working on your weaker points and continuing to do PAT generators. If you haven't done BOotcamp yet do like 2 a week (i understand there are 10 tests now). Continue to cover feralis espiecally weaker points. IMO if you've covered everything, this lsat month you should focus on weak points and take practice tests. If you manage to do 6-10 full tests before the actually test, the real DAT will feel soooo much like a practice that you took

Last edited:
Thanks!!
In my breakdown/materials I talk extensively about the materials I used. Did you take a look at that? I tried to grade the materials based on difficulty and similarity to the test.
In your last month I would start taking a full exam every few days if you have the time while working on your weaker points and continuing to do PAT generators. If you haven't done BOotcamp yet do like 2 a week (i understand there are 10 tests now). Continue to cover feralis espiecally weaker points. IMO if you've covered everything, this lsat month you should focus on weak points and take practice tests. If you manage to do 6-10 full tests before the actually test, the real DAT will feel soooo much like a practice that you took
I will take a look, and see your breakdown. That's what I wanted to do, was to take as many practice tests and improving on what Im weak in (using Feralis, etc...). Thank you for the prompt response and your advice. I appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1

You're pretty much a lock for Iowa if you're getting an invite this early in the game. Show up strong at the interview. Congrats!

School: Harvard
Notification date: 07/03/17
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15/17
Application complete date:6/1/17
GPA (science, overall): sGPA-4.0, oGPA- 4.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA: 28, TS: 30, PAT, 30, Reading: 28, Does it look like I have a section under 17? kek

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA: 28, TS: 30, PAT, 30, Reading: 28, Does it look like I have a section under 17? kek
Damn, did you have a cheat code for this whole pre-dental thing? No but in all honesty congratulations! As long as you have some personality I'm sure you'll have the choice to go wherever you want.

Reactions: 4 users
Interview #1

School: University of Iowa
Notificationvdate: 7/3
Residency: Iowa
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/19
Application complete date: 6/03
GPA (science, overall) 3.40,3.38
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 21/ TS 21/ PAT 20/ RC 23/ none below 17

Damn, did you have a cheat code for this whole pre-dental thing? No but in all honesty congratulations! As long as you have some personality I'm sure you'll have the choice to go wherever you want.

Thanks man. I'm pretty proud of how hard I've worked to get to where I am today. Let me know if y'all have any questions.

Impressive that they called him in for an interview a month before they've started to process applications!

"Application processing begins in August of each year. Applicants whose ADEA AADSAS application has been released to HSDM will receive the following communications via email:"

Always watch out for trolls

Reactions: 15 users

Nice 4.2 buddy. Only a true potential harvard candidate can get a 4.2/4.0

Thanks man. I'm pretty proud of how hard I've worked to get to where I am today. Let me know if y'all have any questions
Roadto28 is back lol?
Ive never seen anyone get such an early email from Harvard. Also no grades no matter how high would impress Harvard....I've seen people with your stats that have gotten rejected from Harvard so....Even if this invite is real it's not like they'll bow before you and give an acceptance on a golden plate

Last edited:
Thanks man. I'm pretty proud of how hard I've worked to get to where I am today. Let me know if y'all have any questions.

You posted a thread a month ago that you're a re applicant and you applied to over 25 schools last year?

I don't see how dishonesty on the application board helps anyone, dental schools will not like that sense of humor whatsoever.

You posted a thread a month ago that you're a re applicant and you applied to over 25 schools last year?

I don't see how dishonesty on the application board helps anyone, dental schools will not like that sense of humor whatsoever.
The guy is just trolling

Already getting trolled on page 1?

Anyway, good luck to everyone!

Interview #1

School: University of Iowa
Notification date: 6/30
Residency: Iowa
Application completion date: 6/23
AADSAS submission date: 6/23
GPA (science, overall) 3.78, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/ TS 23/ PAT 27/ RC 26/ QR 26/ none below 17

:laugh: Here I was proud of my 28 PAT, and this guy somehow manages a perfect score. I smell troll lol.

Reactions: 2 users
They don't do A+ being a 4.3 anymore buddy

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What's a probationary status on your profile?

Reactions: 2 users
Hi friend. I have a question:
1. How do I know that my application has been sent out to school? I have some foreign transcripts which I haven't sent to ADA yet. All the others from USA shows verified in my application.

Hi friend. I have a question:
1. How do I know that my application has been sent out to school? I have some foreign transcripts which I haven't sent to ADA yet. All the others from USA shows verified in my application.
Usually a school will send you a confirmation email

Let's get this conversation back on track, please.

Reactions: 14 users
So quiet...

Notification date: 7/7/17
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20/17
Application complete date: 7/4/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/23/21/16

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I really think you're Reading Score is going to hold you back a lot despite your other scores. I would strongly recommend retaking it. Either that or try applying to schools broadly. A lot of schools have a RC cut off of 18. Some are 17 though. So who knows.

She has already been accepted to dental school.

I really think you're Reading Score is going to hold you back a lot despite your other scores. I would strongly recommend retaking it. Either that or try applying to schools broadly. A lot of schools have a RC cut off of 18. Some are 17 though. So who knows.
Thank you, but I've already been accepted to schools :) just wanted to wish people in the current cycle luck!

Reactions: 11 users
Interview #1 :soexcited:

Notification date: 7/8
Application completion date: 6/28
AADSAS submission date: 6/16
GPA (science, overall) 3.33, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/ TS 21/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ none below 17

I was waitlisted for an interview last week and just got an interview offer this morning. Ahhhh!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
w

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/ TS 21/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ none below 17

I was waitlisted for an interview last week and just got an interview offer this morning. Ahhhh!!!!
when is your interview date btw? We might be on the same day. Mine is August 20th. You?

Congratulations!!! So do schools then offer interview invites on the weekends and weekdays as well. I would have thought they would only send an invite during the week

Congratulations!!! So do schools then offer interview invites on the weekends and weekdays as well. I would have thought they would only send an invite during the week

Thank you!! And apparently so. I got the email around 1am. The first email for an interview waitlist was almost exactly the same day/time--Saturday 1am last week.

Thank you!! And apparently so. I got the email around 1am. The first email for an interview waitlist was almost exactly the same day/time--Saturday 1am last week.

Wow pretty cool! Congrats again!!

Congrats to everyone getting interview invites already! Excited for all you future dentists

Status
Not open for further replies.