*~*~ Official AACOMAS MCAT Verification Thread ~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bshap000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since AACOMAS seems to be having so much trouble attaching official MCAT scores, I thought this thread might help us keep track of their progress.

Please quote the most recent post, and then delete the quote tags.

Instructions:

1. Quote the most recent post
2. Add your info
3. Delete the quote tags
4. Come back and update when a change occurs.

Format: {Username}, Sent: {Earliest date sent from MCAT THx}, Official: {Date}
Ex. MCATStudent, Sent: 5/5, Official: 6/22

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bshap000, Sent: 5/5, Official: (pending)

Members don't see this ad.

Instructions:

2. Add your info
3. Delete the quote tags

cuwhenucme, sent: 5/6, Official: (pending)

Instructions:

2. Add your info
3. Delete the quote tags

medstar11, sent: 6/18, Official: ( Shows on .pdf files since 6/22)

Members don't see this ad :)

Instructions:

2. Add your info
3. Delete the quote tags

Really? Is your report showing your score "unofficial" or "official"?

Mine is shown "unofficial."

Mine is showing official MCAT scores but I took the old one. My scores are from last year... I am not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Mine is showing official MCAT scores but I took the old one. My scores are from last year... I am not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I don't think that makes a difference, mine are the old one, from the August 2014 test date, and they're still unofficial.

interesting.. I wonder why they only released part of the scores to schools...

Should we resend our mcat scores to AACOMAS if we sent them in May and they still haven't shown up as official?

Or just keep waiting?...

I don't think that makes a difference, mine are the old one, from the August 2014 test date, and they're still unofficial.

Same here. AACOMAS keeps saying by end of June they will be official...Who knows

I mean I don't think it would hurt to send them again. They could've had a glitch that lost the MCAT scores submitted earlier in the cycle.

Does it change to official only after the app has been verified?

Does it change to official only after the app has been verified?
I am not sure because I didn't realize we needed to send them from AMCAS to the application so I was verified before the scores even came in. I am guessing you don't have to be verified first.

Instructions:

2. Add your info
3. Delete the quote tags

oceanman, sent: 5/5, Official: 6/18

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my MCAT score to AACOMAS before I submitted and was verified by them. I still had "unofficial" MCAT score listed on my apps, so I resent my MCAT score and it showed up as official today.

Point being: send in MCAT score after being verified. Worked for me at least!

I submitted my MCAT score to AACOMAS before I submitted and was verified by them. I still had "unofficial" MCAT score listed on my apps, so I resent my MCAT score and it showed up as official today.

Point being: send in MCAT score after being verified. Worked for me at least!

How long did it take for AACOMAS to receiving your score after you re-send it?

I resend it today. Let's see how long it will arrive.

How long did it take for AACOMAS to receiving your score after you re-send it?

I resend it today. Let's see how long it will arrive.

I resent it on 6/22 and when I checked today, my score was official - so hopefully it won't take too long for you!

I'll just resend em each week until it says official lol

Instructions:

2. Add your info
3. Delete the quote tags

bshap000, Sent: 5/5, Official: 6/24

It's worth noting that despite what I have been told by AACOMAS reps, I did not get a notification that official scores had been linked.

When you sent your official MCAT score to AACOMAS did you receive an email verification from AAMC saying they were successfully sent? Also, did you have to put in your CAS ID in? I'm nervous that my request is not being processed.

When you sent your official MCAT score to AACOMAS did you receive an email verification from AAMC saying they were successfully sent? Also, did you have to put in your CAS ID in? I'm nervous that my request is not being processed.

No and no

My MCAT scores are now official. I resent them a few days ago

Instructions:
2. Add your info
3. Delete the quote tags

Schlitter22, Sent 5/5, 6/23, Official: 6/25

Instructions:
2. Add your info
3. Delete the quote tags

AwayFromReality, Sent 5/5, 5/21, Official: 6/25

I submitted my app on 6/22 so I haven't been verified yet but looks like my official MCAT scores made it in.

I know this has probably been explained before, but how do you know when your MCAT has been recieved? Like where do you look?

I know this has probably been explained before, but how do you know when your MCAT has been recieved? Like where do you look?
Go to the "Program Status" tab and download your application (blue button) from any of the schools. If your MCAT score has been received, it will be listed in the "Official MCAT Scores" section.

Instructions:
2. Add your info
3. Delete the quote tags

AwayFromReality, Sent 5/5, 5/21, Official: 6/25
femmegoblue: Sent 6/30, Official 7/2

This may be really stupid, but could someone just verify that I am sending the scores correctly? I sent them on 6/22, 7/2, and again yesterday, but it is still only the unofficial score on AACOMAS. I'd just like some peace of mind that I am at least sending them correctly and I don't wait another week before figuring that out!

So I signed in to the AAMC website. Clicked on the "Get your test scores" button. Clicked "Send scores electronically". Checked AACOMAS and submitted. I did not put my CAS ID in anywhere and didn't receive any email confirmation.

Did I do something wrong, or do I just need to be patient and let AACOMAS upload my scores hopefully soon?

This may be really stupid, but could someone just verify that I am sending the scores correctly? I sent them on 6/22, 7/2, and again yesterday, but it is still only the unofficial score on AACOMAS. I'd just like some peace of mind that I am at least sending them correctly and I don't wait another week before figuring that out!

So I signed in to the AAMC website. Clicked on the "Get your test scores" button. Clicked "Send scores electronically". Checked AACOMAS and submitted. I did not put my CAS ID in anywhere and didn't receive any email confirmation.

Did I do something wrong, or do I just need to be patient and let AACOMAS upload my scores hopefully soon?

You did it right, as long as you put your AAMC ID correctly into AACOMAS it should attach eventually.

its been 2 weeks since I sent them and they haven't been received yet. Should I resend them?

when did you send your scores? Should I go ahead and complete my secondary DO apps or should I wait until my scores come in? Is my time better spent doing MD secondary apps right now?

On the application I put the id for the mcat, but don't you still have to send it from the mcat score website to electronically send them in somehow. Or does it automatically go once you put the id in on aacomas.

On the application I put the id for the mcat, but don't you still have to send it from the mcat score website to electronically send them in somehow. Or does it automatically go once you put the id in on aacomas.

You still have to send it through AAMC's website. You should do it right away because they are have a lot of issues uploading them to applications. It has been 3 weeks and I've sent mine 3 times but they still haven't figured out why it's not uploading. good luck!

Guys, I have a question. I know that MCAT scores are automatically upgraded for AMCAS if we take the test after submission. What about for AACOMAS? Is the retaken MCAT automatically sent to DO schools too?

^^ I was wondering this exact same thing.