*~*~Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2023-2024~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Am I allowed to disclose what school I got rejected by?
Looking at your history, this interview came from a new DO schools? Did they require a DO letter?

To your question, everything in your file is fair game in final deliberations. Because this is a new school, they may not have everything worked out on mission fit. But you must have been a bad fit if you got rejected after interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Looking at your history, this interview came from a new DO schools? Did they require a DO letter?

To your question, everything in your file is fair game in final deliberations. Because this is a new school, they may not have everything worked out on mission fit. But you must have been a bad fit if you got rejected after ininterview.
They require a DO letter and shadowing. I was able to get a waiver to receive an interview. I think maybe my interview performance wasn't too good either. What does it usually mean by lack of mission fit ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking through my primary today , I realized i put the wrong dates for one of my medical experiences. However the amount of hours is accurate just a different date range(off by a week and a half), should I update the schools I'm interviewing about that date range ?

I was looking through my primary today , I realized i put the wrong dates for one of my medical experiences. However the amount of hours is accurate just a different date range(off by a week and a half), should I update the schools I'm interviewing about that date range ?
This is an admissions process, not a criminal investigation. You can mention the mistake but this is not lethal.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello does anyone know if schools like CHSU-COM or Touro send secondaries without an MCAT or do they wait until you get your score back? So confused because my AACOMAS app has been verified for a while now, and I have not receieved any secondaries from the 5 schools I applied to which are Touro, CHSU COM, and Western U

Hello does anyone know if schools like CHSU-COM or Touro send secondaries without an MCAT or do they wait until you get your score back? So confused because my AACOMAS app has been verified for a while now, and I have not receieved any secondaries from the 5 schools I applied to which are Touro, CHSU COM, and Western U
Did you get any answers in the school-specific threads?

Your application will not be complete without a score so they will wait to evaluate it. When is your score coming in?
Don't forget you need to give AAMC (MCAT portal) permission to release your scores to AACOMAS, it doesn't happen automatically like it does for AMCAS schools.

For the interview/essay question "name a weakness in your application" , how would answer this question if my main weaknesses are my drop in MCAT score and lack of physician shadowing?

For the interview/essay question "name a weakness in your application" , how would answer this question if my main weaknesses are my drop in MCAT score and lack of physician shadowing?
Tell them the obvious. Your interviewer will worry if you don't point out the obvious.

Found some comlex pass rate data for 2023 from a few schools who have reported it so far.

Link

Are schools under any obligation to report this?

So I could use some advise from people who might know more. I got acceptances to 2 schools, and the one I want to pick is EDWARD VCOM. They need an answer by Dec 15 with Deposit. I am pending a decision from 2 other DO schools, UIWSOM from early Nov. Does UIWSOM have to have a decision before Dec 15? I would prever UIWSOM over EDWARD VCOM, but I don't want to hedge my bets that I might get an acceptance?

So I could use some advise from people who might know more. I got acceptances to 2 schools, and the one I want to pick is EDWARD VCOM. They need an answer by Dec 15 with Deposit. I am pending a decision from 2 other DO schools, UIWSOM from early Nov. Does UIWSOM have to have a decision before Dec 15? I would prever UIWSOM over EDWARD VCOM, but I don't want to hedge my bets that I might get an acceptance?
UIWSOM might give you an answer within 4-6 weeks of your interview, so you can hold off paying your deposit until Dec 14 to see what you hear

Hello,
Should I put an EC down on my AACOMAS application even though it was only 8 hours long? It was a non-research conference for women that I attended.

BTW how should I interpret match lists? Do good match lists associate with the hospital affiliations, overall curriculum, and competitiveness of the school?

BTW how should I interpret match lists? Do good match lists associate with the hospital affiliations, overall curriculum, and competitiveness of the school?
I think the general consensus is that it’s nice to see that the students can match well but doesn’t mean it’s because of the school. Too many pieces at play in terms of the student themselves.

A student matched into orthopedic surgery at UIWSOM but I would imagine they’re a VERY rare underdog story. Freaking awesome to see though!