You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*~*~Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2025-2026~*~*
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
utexasmedicineman
Full Member
How long does it take for AACOMAS to receive and process transcripts? Two of mine have "not arrived" yet. They were mailed from the schools on the 5/28 (1 week ago). Would it be risky to submit primary before all transcripts are received?
If they were physically mailed, wait another week. Submitting a few weeks later is not going to matter.How long does it take for AACOMAS to receive and process transcripts? Two of mine have "not arrived" yet. They were mailed from the schools on the 5/28 (1 week ago). Would it be risky to submit primary before all transcripts are received?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I changed my email address after my application was verified. I only received 2 secondaries to the previous email of 6 before this happened. Did I screw up the system? Verified on June 4th and last secondary was June 5th.
It is 6/9. Give it another week or two. Some schools may not have started sending any secondaries out, or they do them in batches.I changed my email address after my application was verified. I only received 2 secondaries to the previous email of 6 before this happened. Did I screw up the system? Verified on June 4th and last secondary was June 5th.
For the AACOMAS application, I need to list which courses I took that meet the prerequisite requirements. Since their categories are often broad (for example, “Biology” could include anatomy, genetics, or general biology), should I list all the courses that apply or just the minimum required? Also, should I avoid including any courses I plan to take in the future as prerequisites?
Thank you for the reply. I just need to chill.It is 6/9. Give it another week or two. Some schools may not have started sending any secondaries out, or they do them in batches.
curiouscass
New Member
Hi all! I have a quick question regarding experiences for AACOMAS. I'm non-trad so I have years between my undergrad and now. Anyhow, I'm thinking of putting all my undergrad work hours into one entry.
But it just is a little off- here's an example of what it's looking like
Organization (picking the name of the most recent organization I worked at with supervisor contact info)- Gym
Title: Customer Service Jobs
Hours: Total of undergraduate career
Description:
I worked several part-time jobs throughout college. During my freshman and sophomore years, I worked 15-20 hours a week; during my junior and senior years, I worked 25-30 hours per week. These roles strengthened my time management, communication, and adaptability while allowing me to pay for rent, car, and travel as a student. They shaped my work ethic and problem-solving skills, which I’ll carry into medicine.
Barista at ***
Sales Team at ***
Receptionist at Gym
Does this make sense?
But it just is a little off- here's an example of what it's looking like
Organization (picking the name of the most recent organization I worked at with supervisor contact info)- Gym
Title: Customer Service Jobs
Hours: Total of undergraduate career
Description:
I worked several part-time jobs throughout college. During my freshman and sophomore years, I worked 15-20 hours a week; during my junior and senior years, I worked 25-30 hours per week. These roles strengthened my time management, communication, and adaptability while allowing me to pay for rent, car, and travel as a student. They shaped my work ethic and problem-solving skills, which I’ll carry into medicine.
Barista at ***
Sales Team at ***
Receptionist at Gym
Does this make sense?
That's fine to group them but refrain from talking directly about general skills carrying into medicine.Hi all! I have a quick question regarding experiences for AACOMAS. I'm non-trad so I have years between my undergrad and now. Anyhow, I'm thinking of putting all my undergrad work hours into one entry.
But it just is a little off- here's an example of what it's looking like
Organization (picking the name of the most recent organization I worked at with supervisor contact info)- Gym
Title: Customer Service Jobs
Hours: Total of undergraduate career
Description:
I worked several part-time jobs throughout college. During my freshman and sophomore years, I worked 15-20 hours a week; during my junior and senior years, I worked 25-30 hours per week. These roles strengthened my time management, communication, and adaptability while allowing me to pay for rent, car, and travel as a student. They shaped my work ethic and problem-solving skills, which I’ll carry into medicine.
Barista at ***
Sales Team at ***
Receptionist at Gym
Does this make sense?
List enough that you feel meet the requirements ie a year of underclassmen bio classes and perhaps 1-2 upper division courses.For the AACOMAS application, I need to list which courses I took that meet the prerequisite requirements. Since their categories are often broad (for example, “Biology” could include anatomy, genetics, or general biology), should I list all the courses that apply or just the minimum required? Also, should I avoid including any courses I plan to take in the future as prerequisites?
So my AACOMAS app got an alert that while my transcript had bulk AP credits noted, I inputted an itemized list. This was a mistake. But i did it on both TMDSAS and AMCAS as well. Would this cause issues there as well? Like my undergrad institution said they can send an official letter showing the itemized list but can't change the transcript, but AACOMAS is saying they won't accept a letter. So I resubmitted the app with the bulk credit. What's the process on itemizing, would indiivudals schools reach out or how does it work?
Hello! First post here. I have been lurking in the shadows for a while.
I already submitted to TMDSAS, but am now applying to AACOMAS. I noticed that several schools in lieu of a committee letter require two LORs from science professors with different requirements on school to school of what exactly that means. From my preliminary research it appears that some schools require two LORs from either a professor in chemistry, biology, or physics.
I have a lot of good letters from doctors I worked with including a DO, but I only have one professor letter (also good, biochem professor who I took a class with and worked in that professor's lab). I know several neuroscience (my major) professors who I could most likely get a good letter from at this point. However, even if any of my biology, chemistry, or physics professors would be willing to write me a letter, they really don't know me for the most part and I don't know them for the most part.
Is this likely to significantly impact my AAMCOS application? Technically I do have a second professor of psychology LOR, but I didn't take a class under him, rather he was my boss.
Neuroscience is probably fine. You will have to check each school and see how technical they are about their LOR requirementsHello! First post here. I have been lurking in the shadows for a while.
I already submitted to TMDSAS, but am now applying to AACOMAS. I noticed that several schools in lieu of a committee letter require two LORs from science professors with different requirements on school to school of what exactly that means. From my preliminary research it appears that some schools require two LORs from either a professor in chemistry, biology, or physics.
I have a lot of good letters from doctors I worked with including a DO, but I only have one professor letter (also good, biochem professor who I took a class with and worked in that professor's lab). I know several neuroscience (my major) professors who I could most likely get a good letter from at this point. However, even if any of my biology, chemistry, or physics professors would be willing to write me a letter, they really don't know me for the most part and I don't know them for the most part.
Is this likely to significantly impact my AAMCOS application? Technically I do have a second professor of psychology LOR, but I didn't take a class under him, rather he was my boss.
Maidenless??
Full Member
Do schools update your application if you want to update AACOMAS with new gap year activities but have already submitted their secondaries? And would this update put you back towards the end of the queue for interview consideration? Thanks!
Does anyone have any insight into DO schools' views on Dr. William Osler? Dr. William Osler (1849-1919) is often given the title of Father of Modern Medicine. DO started in 1892 by Dr. Andrew Taylor Still who was protesting the current medical school structure. Given that, I wasn't sure if mentioning a quote by Dr. William Osler in my personal statement connected with the why medicine for me would be a good idea or not. Specifically the quote is, "“The good physician treats the disease, the great physician treats the patient who has the disease." That quote of course goes along well DO beliefs, but I don't have great understanding of the broader possible context between those two physicians.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's fine but you should refrain from using quotationsDoes anyone have any insight into DO schools' views on Dr. William Osler? Dr. William Osler (1849-1919) is often given the title of Father of Modern Medicine. DO started in 1892 by Dr. Andrew Taylor Still who was protesting the current medical school structure. Given that, I wasn't sure if mentioning a quote by Dr. William Osler in my personal statement connected with the why medicine for me would be a good idea or not. Specifically the quote is, "“The good physician treats the disease, the great physician treats the patient who has the disease." That quote of course goes along well DO beliefs, but I don't have great understanding of the broader possible context between those two physicians.
semi-sweetdoc
Full Member
Do we have any update on Northern Colorado?
U of Northern Colorado COM is still at the "Candidate Status" level of planning and as such is not yet able to recruit students or accept applications.Do we have any update on Northern Colorado?
semi-sweetdoc
Full Member
Ah, I see. I know there was a meeting yesterday but did not see an update. What do you think of this potential school?U of Northern Colorado COM is still at the "Candidate Status" level of planning and as such is not yet able to recruit students or accept applications.
I think they announced their accreditation update.
www.greeleytribune.com
boettcherfoundation.org
UNC medical school approved to recruit and admit students
“We are going to invest heavily in this class to ensure their success, first, because we’re starting a little bit late to the game,” Feinstein said. “Second, it is of paramount importance that our …
www.greeleytribune.com
Answering the Call: UNC’s New College of Osteopathic Medicine Aims to Fill Rural Healthcare Gaps - Boettcher Foundation
At the University of Northern Colorado (UNC), a bold new chapter in Colorado’s medical story is beginning to take shape. With the support of individuals, state and community leaders, and corporate and foundation donors, UNC is preparing to open its proposed College of Osteopathic Medicine next...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 5K