Official Columbia Application for 2003 FAQ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. anyone know how i should enter course names in the application? there's only 15 characters availabe. should i arbitrarily assign abbreviations?

Members don't see this ad.

yep - just make it somewhat possible for them to understand what they are, abbrevaite like crazy. they'll figure it out
-jot

Just called the admissions office. They were very nice.

Lady said that there's no benefit to turning it in before the Oct. 15 deadline. No rolling admissions. Actually, she said that the only benefit was peace of mind.

Just FYI.

Members don't see this ad :)
do any of you mudphudders from last year know if this is true for that program as well? thanks.
-jot

your kidding me no rolling? Are you sure, if you are im happy!!!!

hmmm...

i just checked their website again...and they write:

"The Admissions Committee considers applications in the order they are received, so it's in your best interest to apply as early as possible."

but i also know that they only send out acceptances twice...also on the website:

Around mid-January, the Admissions Committee begins to decide to whom the first offers of admission will be sent. Initial offers of admission are sent out around February 1. Another round of acceptances are sent out in mid-March.

maybe they consider in the order received, but the rolling admissions effect is null because they don't give out acceptance along the way.

?

sounds good enough to me