-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***Official Creighton University Class of 2019 Interview/ Acceptane Thread***
Started by pinkster
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got an email yesterday saying my application has been sent to the committee for evaluation. I submitted my secondary in early June. Good luck guys! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I haven't filled out my sup yet but all the other schools sent me conformation that they got my application. Does Creighton not send out an email or does this mean they aren't interested haha
Creighton won't send an email till everything is in including your supplementalSo I haven't filled out my sup yet but all the other schools sent me conformation that they got my application. Does Creighton not send out an email or does this mean they aren't interested haha
So how did you guys do the photo... did you go get it done or take one yourself? I love how this is the hardest part of the supplemental lol
wargreens. passport photo.
So how did you guys do the photo... did you go get it done or take one yourself? I love how this is the hardest part of the supplemental lol
I put on a suit and had my friend take the picture in my apartment hallway (walls are white). Then I uploaded it to walgreens and printed off the picture in their "wallet photos" option. That way it prints 4 3X2 prints and you can have multiple for different schools.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! What does your status say on the aadsas portal?I got an email invite for an interview this morning! Very excited!
Congrats!! What does your status say on the aadsas portal?
Received/Application Complete
mine says the same thing. MWU(AZ) also says the same thing and they sent out interviews in june.Received/Application Complete
Creighton doesn't appear at all on my portal.
I do.. For creighton and case western. Not sure what to think. However I have a MWU az invite and my portal doesn't say complete for that lolDoes anyone who has not received an interview invite yet have "received/application complete" on their portal? I'm not sure what to think about that...or if it even means anything
Does Creighton interview a lot Pre-December or are they pretty selective? I do have the aadsas manual but those statistics can be a little misleading. I'm just wondering what people have heard and what Pre-December interviews to Creighton usually mean? Thanks!
@kerfufle I'd also really like to know what receiving an interview at Creighton means in terms of acceptance for the year. Does Creighton only interview those they're unsure about?
From what I understand the whole getting accepted without an interview thing is very rare and often gets blown out of proportion here on sdn. It is usually only a couple of students. I think interviews are obviously a great sign but it's hard to tell in the manual if the number of interviews/acceptances offered has to do more with students choosing to go elsewhere vs the school interviewing a lot of students. I think Creighton is a very desirable school for many people so I don't imagine they are turned down too often.
Last edited:
For those that have looked at the supplemental application, how did you answer the 2 questions I've added to the end of this post? It seems that since it's a print out that you hand write and only provides you with a few lines, it shouldn't even be written like an essay. They say you can attach additional papers if you wish, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what kind of formatting they're looking for. Especially for the 2nd question that I've copied and pasted(Is it really optional?). I'm not sure if they're asking about something unrelated, such as a disability, or simply asking for you to write a characteristic that you believe qualifies you for dental school. Feedback is appreciated!
From their Supplemental Application:
1) What is your reason for choosing Creighton?
2) Please state if there is anything of particular importance that the Admissions Committee should know about you.
From their Supplemental Application:
1) What is your reason for choosing Creighton?
2) Please state if there is anything of particular importance that the Admissions Committee should know about you.
Soooo nothing new for creighton huh
they cashed my check but that's about it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an application complete email about a week ago
I received an application complete email about a week ago
Do you know how long it was since you had everything in until you received the e-mail?
i sent it in early July. and then it took about~3 weeks for the application complete email
Does anyone who has not received an interview invite yet have "received/application complete" on their portal? I'm not sure what to think about that...or if it even means anything
.
Someone else received an interview today on the main acceptance thread. It never seems like there is a huge presence for Creighton as I've looked over past years so it's hard to get a sense of how many interviews are really being given out. I received mine on the 22nd and this is the first I've heard of any others, but I'm sure people have been getting interviews.
Does anyone who has not received an interview invite yet have "received/application complete" on their portal? I'm not sure what to think about that...or if it even means anything
Same here. Mine has been submitted since the 5th and complete since the 18th
Same here. Mine has been submitted since the 5th and complete since the 18th
Mine changed to complete on the 16th and my invite was on the 22nd.
I got an email today saying, at this time we will like to invite you to apply for our MD/PhD program. Wtf? I don't want to do that. 
I applied around early July. Got completed in late July.

I applied around early July. Got completed in late July.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dude that's awesome maybe they want u to complete DMD, MD and PHD in 7 years! you'll be Dr. Dr. Dr. __X____ ___X ____🤣Jk It was prob a glitch in the system. I would call them asap! Good luck!I got an email today saying, at this time we will like to invite you to apply for our MD/PhD program. Wtf? I don't want to do that.
Interview! OOS!
Interview for the 26th of August! OOS.
Interview Invite! OOS!
EDIT: The important info you all care about 😛
School: Creighton
Notification date: 8/14/2014
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18/2014
Application complete date: 8/7/2014
GPA (science, overall) 3.3, 3.31
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/25/nope
Interview Date: 10/14/2014
EDIT: The important info you all care about 😛
School: Creighton
Notification date: 8/14/2014
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18/2014
Application complete date: 8/7/2014
GPA (science, overall) 3.3, 3.31
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/25/nope
Interview Date: 10/14/2014
Last edited:
October 11 interview!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 26
- Views
- 14K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 40
- Views
- 14K
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 17K