Official DAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

molecules05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I checked a few other threads, but they're from '09 and '08. Does anyone know how long it takes for the official DAT scores to be sent to schools?

I read that it's the second Wednesday following your test for the top 5 schools you listed, and the day after for the rest of the schools.

Is this still accurate? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

one of the schools that i've applied to emailed me that they have received my applications (one of those automated emails) and in that it mentions that DAT scores take 2-3 weeks after the test date to be received by schools.
I don't know the exact number of days it takes.

one of the schools that i've applied to emailed me that they have received my applications (one of those automated emails) and in that it mentions that DAT scores take 2-3 weeks after the test date to be received by schools.
I don't know the exact number of days it takes.

2-3 weeks? Goodness. I thought it was a week or two max.

I'm taking my DAT on August 17th. I wonder if it will be considered "late" then. My application will probably not be done until early September. And that's when interviews start... shoot.

I'm taking mine on the 19th.

it's really fine don't stress about it...just have your other applications sent (if not already) and you're still in a good shape.

the pick 5 schools for free and pay the rest thing is no more. I ended sometime last july.
I believe this is where you are getting top 5 schools thing.

When you registered for the test you could have picked any number of school you wanted and your registration fee of 300 something included as many schools as you checked off. 0 or all.

if you wanted to send scores from the ADA to more schools afterwards you'd have to pay 25.

there is confusion with what is considered official scores for a school. Not sure who's the source of it. For some schools the score that is transferred to the AADSAS service is good enough, essentially all you had to do was check off 1 school. for others they say they want the ada one. the ADA and AADSAS have conflicting info.

checking off every school seems is easiest to resolve any possible confusion.