Official Guide to the MCAT - Verbal Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheRealAngeleno

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright guys so I did the first three passages on this section and I just got pwned on the third passage...

The first passage I got 3/4, second 5/6 and the third a whopping 1/5. I'm a bit worried b/c after searching through past threads about the verbal on the Official Guide to the MCAT, it seems to be the consensus that the verbal passages on this book are easier than those on the actual exam. That 3rd verbal passage has completely demoralized me and now I'm really worried. Did you guys find that 3rd passage pretty difficult? I just couldn't comprehend it well...anyways just want to hear your guys' input. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Alright guys so I did the first three passages on this section and I just got pwned on the third passage...

The first passage I got 3/4, second 5/6 and the third a whopping 1/5. I'm a bit worried b/c after searching through past threads about the verbal on the Official Guide to the MCAT, it seems to be the consensus that the verbal passages on this book are easier than those on the actual exam. That 3rd verbal passage has completely demoralized me and now I'm really worried. Did you guys find that 3rd passage pretty difficult? I just couldn't comprehend it well...anyways just want to hear your guys' input. Thanks.

Keep in mind that by the time you actually take the MCAT, you would have done +400 verbal passages.

Keep in mind that by the time you actually take the MCAT, you would have done +400 verbal passages.

:eek: 400 verbal passages. Good golly. There are 7 passages per practice test. That means you did over 55 practice tests. You deserve to get a 13+ in verbal. Not sure if you meant AAMC questions, thats more feasible.

ek 101+tpr verbal (50?)+8aamc's*7+7TBR cbt's+TBR verbal+other practice/sectionals. yeah, I can see myself doing 3-400 passages.