Official: GW Alternate list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrojanHorse

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who else is on the GW post-interview alternate list? I recieved my envelope today and don't know what to do next. Should I just wait? Should I contact them?

Does anyone know the statistics of what proportion of the students from the list actually eventually get accepted?

:(

Members don't see this ad.

I got that letter too. I guess they're looking for an update with fall semester grades?

Members don't see this ad :)
got that letter today too. boo.... do they give post-interview rejections or do they just waitlist everyone?

got that letter today too. boo.... do they give post-interview rejections or do they just waitlist everyone?

god i hope they reject some people because otherwise we're all screwed...i'm also on the alternate list...i am already out of school, i don't have updates for them...what to do, what to do?!

god i hope they reject some people because otherwise we're all screwed...i'm also on the alternate list...i am already out of school, i don't have updates for them...what to do, what to do?!

I pondered this lack of something to give an update about when I got the pre-interview hold from Pritzker. If, like me, you have no classes this year or research, here are some ideas for updates:

1) a new very positive LOR;
2) start a new EC that you're interested in;
3) write a letter of interest/intent driving home why GWU is THE school for you, and why you are THE applicant for them.

At least, those are my ideas. Number 3 is moot for me for Pritzker since that was basically my answer to their "fit" essay, and I can't think of a more positive LOR to send, but I did just find a new EC that I'm really excited about, and perhaps I'll update them with that in a month or two. Good luck with GWU guys!

also alternate-listed. by the way, does anybody know if there is a difference between the alternate list and wait list? so far it looks like we are all alternates. the letter said that a significant portion of the alternates ultimately end up being accepted, but i am wondering how early they start doing that...are we going to be waiting until may 15?! TORTUREEEE

If some of you are feeling ambitious, you might want to do a search for last year's threads. I think there's one called the "Hall of Lame" or something, that had a list of those waitlisted, and when they heard back and what the ultimate decision was. And if you do some other searches for George Washington you might also find some similar alternate list threads from last year and see what happened.

Alternate list = wait list...

I was on the GW alternate list last year and didn't get officially rejected till August. The do send you an email toward the end of the cycle (around May 15 or so) to see if you want to stay on the list. Last year the alternate list definitely did move a little bit, but schools across the board did not have a lot of waitlist movement.

also alternate-listed. by the way, does anybody know if there is a difference between the alternate list and wait list? so far it looks like we are all alternates. the letter said that a significant portion of the alternates ultimately end up being accepted, but i am wondering how early they start doing that...are we going to be waiting until may 15?! TORTUREEEE

Big up to the all the GW alternates! Got my letter 12/28 after interviewing 11/8.

To everyone who was waitlisted at GW- would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks so much.

Everyone waitlisted at GW- what were you stats if you dont mind sharing. Thanks so much.