Official: How Many Times a Day Do you Check SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How Many Times A Day Do You Check SDN

• More than 20 times a day

Votes: 36 22.9%
  • 11-20

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • 2-10

Votes: 76 48.4%
  • Once or less a day

Votes: 10 6.4%

• Total voters

futuredoc10

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
With final decisions just around the corner, I've found myself checking SDN about every 5 minutes all day. I think it has become somewhat of an addiction. Just curious as to whats normal and whats not.

Members don't see this ad.

futuredoc10 said:
With final decisions just around the corner, I've found myself checking SDN about every 5 minutes all day. I think it has become somewhat of an addiction. Just curious as to whats normal and whats not.

what a great poll.

i have dial up, so i consider my 20+ response to be especially impressive.

my computer: MS Outlook, Gmail, SDN.

Why in the world didn't you make it a public poll??? I want to see who's as big a loser as me....

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a laptop at work, so a lot of times i leave sdn up while i teach. And then I surf sdn while my students are doing example problems or during my free periods :p

I don't check SDN more than twice a day. Unless I'm stressed, then it goes up to probably 5 or 6. However, I will sit and read each time for a while!

But if we had a poll for how often we check our email, there'd have to be a choice that said, "Every time I come near a computer."

dopaminophile said:
Why in the world didn't you make it a public poll??? I want to see who's as big a loser as me....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i verified whether it was a public poll before i even voted.

i'm not sure what counts as a separate time of checking sdn...what if it's not turned off but you might read a few pages in your book before you refresh? Does one sitting count as once or it is how many times you refresh or walk away for 5 minutes and come back? What if you go to get a soda in the refrigerator and then come back..is that a new check in time? :p

what do you mean by "check sdn" aren't you all on here 24/7 like me?

i'm guessing its nicely correlated to how much you hate your current job

PublicEnemy said:
what do you mean by "check sdn" aren't you all on here 24/7 like me?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: maybe that's actually what I was trying to ask.... :oops:

are you kidding me I check this thing everychance I get. sometimes i am studying and the computer's on this website, it's a disease. I keep hitting refresh/reload to see what's the next funny thing someone's gonna post.

scrappysurfer said:
i'm guessing its nicely correlated to how much you hate your current job

which is why i do about 15 minutes of actual work every week.

evajaclynn said:
actually i still didn't vote, b/c i'm still waiting for a definition of what constitutes a new check on sdn, as opposed to one long continuous check

TwoLegacies said:
which is why i do about 15 minutes of actual work every week.

15 whole minutes?! Wow.

:)

This whole "working thing" needs to end. I want to be in school again!