OFFICIAL Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irish80122

DCT at Miss State U.
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is the official invite list. I will post invites as I see them but please tell me if I am missing any. Also, if possible, say if it is social/clinical/etc.

For those who do not know, this is a listing of the schools who have extended interviews or, in some cases, when they plan on extending interviews. If they haven't yet extended interviews, I have put the date in which they plan on extending interview invitations in (). I am just adding to this list as I see them in the thread.

Those that have for sure offered at least a few interview invites are bolded. If I mess up, please let me know! I will also try to put recent updates in italics, though I will try to unitalicize them every week, so just check back at least that often :).

FINAL UPDATE 3/18/2007. Sorry, I got bad towards the end.

Adelphia (interviews 2/26 and 3/9)
Alliant International University
American University (information session 3/23, interview I think was 2/16)
Antioch Psy.D (interviews 3/1-3/3)
Agrosy San Francisco
Arizona State
Auburn University (Interviews 3/10)
Ball State Counseling Psych (interview 2/9)
Baylor (interview 3/2,3/3,3/5)
Biola University (Rosemead)
Boston College (interviews 2/26 and 2/28)
Boston University (interviews Feb 12 or 15th)
Bowling Green
Bryn Mawr Clinical Developmental (2/21 interview)
Buffalo
California Institue of Integral Studies (interviews 2/19 and 3/2)
Case Western Reserve University
Catholic University (interviews Jan 29th or Jan 30th, second wave Feb 19th and 20th)
Chicago School of Professional Psychology (Psy.D)
Cincinnati
Clark University (possibly rolling invites, interview 2/9)
Columbia University (interviews 2/22 and 3/1. school psych interviews 2/16)
CUNY Clinical and Clinical Neuro
DePaul (interviews 2/16 and 2/20, offers out)
Detroit Mercy
Drexel University (interview 2/16 or 2/19)
Duke University (Developmental and behavioral neuroscience interview Feb 23-24, clinical interview 2/16 or 2/19)
Duquesne
East Tennessee (interviews 3/12 or 3/16)
Emory (interviews Feb 9th)
Farleigh Dickinson )interview invites not out yet, interviews 2/24-2/25)
Florida School of Professional Psychology
Florida State (interviews on Feb 10th)
Fordham (offers out)
George Mason University (interview 2/16-2/17)
George Washington Psy.D
Georgia School of Professional Psychology
Georgia State (interview 2/16, 2/20 and 3/2)
Guelph (interviews 2/2)
Harvard University
Hofstra
Illinois Institute of Technology
Illinois State (School Psych 1/18)
Indiana University-Bloomington (interview 2/23, offers out)
Indiana University of Pennsylvania Psy.D (interview invites at start of Feb)
Indiana University/Purdue University (interview 2/15-2/17)
Iowa State (school psych interviews 1/17 and 1/18)
James Madison (interviews 2/23 and 2/26
John Jay Clinical
Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Ph.D.
Kent State University (2/16-2/17)
Lehigh (school psych, counseling psych interview 2/23)
Long Island University (interview 2/24)
Louisiana State University
Loyola Chicago (School & Clinical Psychology)
Loyola College of Maryland Psy.D
Marquette (interviews 2/23 and 3/2)
Marshall University
Miami University of Ohio (interviews 3/2 3/5, offers out)
Michigan State (interview Feb 16th)
MSPP
New York University (counseling interviews 2/9)
North Texas (interview 3/2 and 3/5)
Northern Illinois University (interviews Feb 22-23)
Northeastern (counseling interviews 3/12)
Northwestern (Evanston) (only 10 invited to interview, Feb 16th)
Northwestern Feinberg (interview March 9th)
Nova Southeastern (interviews Mar. 9 and 12)
Ohio State (interview Feb 2)
Oklahoma State (interview 3/3)
Pace University Psy.D
Pacific University(interview 3/5,6,9,10,12)
Penn State (Counseling Psych, Child & Adult Clinical)
Pepperdine (Clinical Psy.D)
PGSP-Standford (clinical PsyD, interviews Feb 16th)
Roosevelt (interviews 3/1)
Rutgers Clinical PhD (interviews 2/15-2/16)
Rutgers Psy.D (interview 2/26)
Saint Louis University (interviews 3/8, 3/9, 3/10)
Saint John's University (interviews 2/26 or 3/2)
Sam Houston State (interview 2/23-2/24)
SDSU/UCSD (interviews 2/19-2/20)
Seattle Pacific (interview 3/5)
Seton Hall Counseling (interview 3/16)
Southern Illinois University-Carbondale (interview 2/26)
Southern Methodist
Southern Mississippi
Suffolk Clinical
SUNY Albany (interview 3/5 or 3/10...not sure)
SUNY-Binghamton (interview 2/23 or 2/26)
SUNY Buffalo Clinical (interviews 3/2 and 3/3)
SUNY Stonybrook (phone, apparently on a rolling basis so don't worry if you haven't heard)
Temple University (interviews 2/2 and 2/5)
Texas Tech University (interview is February 9th)
Texas Woman's University (3/3 interview)
University of Alabama Clinical
University of Arizona (some interview offers out, maybe not all, interviews 2/23-2/24)
University of Arkansas
University of California at Berkeley (School Psych Ph.D. phone invite, Clinical interview invites by 1/28, interviews 2/9-2/10)
UCLA (interviews Feb 8-10)
University of California-Santa Barbara (Interviews 1/18 and 1/19, admissions offers have been extended!)
UCSD/SDS (interviews are 2/19 and 2/20. Invites coming soon)
University of Central Florida (interviews Feb 9th)
University of Central Michigan (interview invites coming out 2/6)
University of Colorado-Colorado Springs (interviews Feb 9th)
University of Connecticut
University of Delaware (interviews Feb 23, Feb 26, and March 2)
University of Denver (child psych interview invites by 2/2, interview after President's Day)
University of Denver Psy.D (2/23-2/24 or 3/2-3/3)
University of Detroit-Mercy
University of Florida (interview invites around 2/5, interviews 3/9-3/10, counseling interview 1/30 or 1/31))
University of Georgia
University of Hartford Psy.D
University of Houston (interviews 3/2-3/3)
University of Illinois at Chicago (visiting day Feb 23rd, I may be wrong on this being confirmed)
University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign
University of Indianapolis (interviews 2/16 or 2/17, snail mail invite)
University of Iowa (Counseling, interview 3/2, clinical 3/3-3/5)
University of Kansas (child clinical, 3/4 interview)
University of Kentucky (interviews 2/15-2/16)
University of La Verne (interviews 2/16, 2/23, 3/2)
University of Maine - Orono (interviews 2/12 and 2/26)
University of Maryland at College Park (calling through 1/17)
University of Maryland-Baltimore County (all interview invites out by 2/13)
U-Mass Amherst (interviews 2/2-2/4, school psych 3/9 and 3/16)
UMASS Boston (interviews 2/9 and 2/16)
University of Memphis (interview 3/2)
University of Miami (fellowship interviews done, second round coming in Feb)
University of Michigan (looks like interview is 3/9-3/10)
University of Minnesota (admissions offers out)
University of Minnesota developmental psychopathology and clinical science (admissions offers have been extended)
University of Mississippi (interviews 3/2)
University of Missouri-Columbia (interview Feb 2)
University of Missouri-Kansas City (phone interviews
University of Missouri-Saint Louis (interview 2/23)
University of Montana
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
University of New Mexico (interview 3/9)
University of Nevada-Reno
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (interview Feb 23)
University of North Carolina at Greensboro (interviews 2/23 or 2/26)
University of North Dakota (interviews 3/1-3/3)
University of Notre Dame
University of Oregon (interviews 2/16-2/18, counseling psych interviews 2/23)
University of Pennsylvania (interviews 2/23 and 3/2)
University of Pittsburgh (interview 2/15-2/16)
University of Rhode Island (offers out, school psych interview 3/9)
University of Rochester (interviews 2/16-2/17)
University of South Carolina (interview 3/2)
University of South Dakota (interview invites probably by 2/7)
University of South Florida (interviews Feb 2nd and Feb 16th)
University of Southern California (interview dates Feb 12 and Feb 26)
University of Southern Illinois, Carbondale (interviews 2/25-2/26)
University of Tennessee (interviews Feb 23rd)
University of Texas at Austin
University of Texas Southwestern (interview 2/24)
University of Tulsa (interviews 1/26-1/27, acceptances out)
University of Utah
University of Vermont (interview invites 2/1 or 2/2, interviews Feb 16th)
University of Virginia (Curry School of Ed) clinical (interviews 2/9 and 2/23, offers out)
University of Virginia (interview 2/12, may be case by case)
University of Washington (interviews 2/26-2/27, child clinical in 3/3-3/5)
University of Waterloo (interviewing but not done sending invites)
University of Wisconsin-Madison (counseling interview Jan 30, clinical interview at convenience)
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (interview 2/16)
University of Wyoming (interviews 2/23-2/25)
Vanderbilt University (interviews Feb. 9th, offers out)
Virginia Commonwealth University (interview 2/16)
Virginia Consortium (interviews Feb 16th or 23rd)
Virginia Tech University
Washington State (still calling to invite, interview 2/16
Washington U. at St. Louis Clinical Ph.D. acceptance offers out
Wayne State
West Virginia University (interviews Feb 16-18, admissions offers out)
Western Michigan
Wheaton College (PsyD)
Widener (clinical PsyD)
Wright State (interviews 2/26, 3/2, 3/5)
Xavier University (Feb 16th for "information/orientation day")
Yale University (admissions offers out)
Yeshiva (Clinical Health interview offers late Feb/early March)
Yeshiva Clinical PhD (interview 2/22)
York

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stats:

1430 General, 760 Subject, 3.7 GPA, 2 Pubs pending, applied to 12 schools for PhD with Neuropsych focus.

Interviews: 7

Offers: 1

I have one interview in January from a school psych PhD program. I'm not listing my stats or the name of the school (might eventually though).

I certainly respect the wishes of Sorg1123 and Salsybabe to refrain from listing school and/or stat information, and I mean no offense to either of them, but isn't the intention of this thread to allow other individuals to gauge their chances of getting into specific schools based on whether another person has already received an interview from that school? That seemed to be the process last year, and as heartbreaking as it can be to see that you didn't receive an interview and someone else did, I do think it's an important exercise in the harsh reality of clinical psychology graduate school applications. Knowing where you're not going, I believe, can help you move on and reprioritize if need be.

Regards,
zbombvt

I'm not sure how many people are applying to PhD programs in school and/or counseling psych like I am, so I'm not sure if listing my stats (numbers) would be that helpful. Plus, I honestly just don't feel comfortable listing them. I will give the school, Illinois State.

Feel free to share what you feel comfortable sharing. Sometimes it is nice to be able to talk about the process.

I know when I was going through it, I was at my job when I found out about interviews, and when I found out about being accepted. I couldn't tell ANYONE, because I wasn't giving notice for another handful of months. It would have been nice to share with others going through what I was going through.

Best of luck everyone!

-t

Well, I would update the first post but unfortunately it won't let me edit that, but it will let me edit a post later on. Could it be because people replied to that first post? Maybe we need a mod to do this :(. I will try to update the first post if it allows me to, if not we may just have to read through this thread as time goes on.

i dont think the purpose of this thread is chances; just to notify people that a certain school has started to make interview offers. i dont think stats are necessary at this point, especially because we know that they are only a small part in the grand scheme of applications.

so if people wouldnt mind just listing the school, i know that many of us who are anxiously awaiting would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:

Last edited:
Fair enough, it is more important to know what schools are sending out interview invites. Maybe people will be more willing to share after they have acceptances. I know I am a bit worried that something I say here will come back to bite me, though I know it probably won't happen.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stats: 5'11, 165lbs, athletic build, enjoys long walks on the beach

...oh and I haven't heard a peep.:D

well, my stats are so horribly below both of y'all, i'll be lucky to even get a second look :p 5'2'' and probably 125lbs now after the holidays

It is all in the eye of the beholder, some programs really value height, others weight, and some a combination. Heck, sometimes it just seems random, but that is the game we play :)

What is the point of posting stats??? I don't get it. I would rather hear what places people are starting to hear from, when the interview dates are, and so forth. I really don't think you can gauge whether you will get an interview by someone else's stats b/c the whole is more than the sum of its parts (gestalt anyone???) in this case. Frankly, posting "stats" seems a bit self-aggrandizing at this point.... I would however, love to know what places people are hearing from. I applied to 10 schools across the country, alot of top programs, so I will really be curious to start know about dates/ scheduling, etc for buying plane tix and such. Good luck everyone!!!! Don't forget, it is more about a good "match" than about just having the "stats".....

Psych Ho
:laugh: :luck: :rolleyes: :D

I look at this very differentlly apparently. If I see the stats of those who got an interview I can try to figure out where I was lacking so if I have to do it all again, God forbid, I can be that much better. That is why. Trust me, my stats are good but nothing compared to most of the people on this board! That is what I am going for. It was more of a use them if they are helpful to you, not if they aren't, but regardless people would post their interviews. Apparently I am the only one who thinks this would be helpful.

I think it's useful in the way irish said, but it's also important to remember that even at the same school, we may apply to different profs, so it could even be more uncertain than say...med school interviews.

All I know is that Penn had those 4 questions about can/cannot make two weekends for interviews, so I'm assuming that is when they do it.

Not my invite, but thought I'd share the info.

School - UConn
Method- e-mail
Interview Dates - 1/31 or 2/14

I was wondering, how do most of these schools inform you of interviews. Do they email, call, send letters? Thanks!

I've heard that they normally call or email.

Does anyone know whether it adversely affects your application if you are unable to go for the face-to-face interview and require a phone interview instead (due to distance/work commitments etc.)?

I've heard that they normally call or email.

Does anyone know whether it adversely affects your application if you are unable to go for the face-to-face interview and require a phone interview instead (due to distance/work commitments etc.)?

I have wondered about this too. I can't take much time off from work and if I'm fortunate enough to end up with a couple interviews I won't be able to go to all. Most schools say they strongly prefer a face to face but phone are OK. I would have to think not being there hurts you at some schools. I also know of other programs that don't require it because it puts poorer students at a disadvantage.

I'd strongly suggest doing the interviews in person. I know it can get expensive, but there are so few spots available, you really are putting yourself at a disadvantage by not going in person. At the least, try and go to your top choices, and then see what you can work out for the rest.

-t

I'd strongly suggest doing the interviews in person. I know it can get expensive, but there are so few spots available, you really are putting yourself at a disadvantage by not going in person. At the least, try and go to your top choices, and then see what you can work out for the rest.

-t

That's what I was thinking in the unlikely event I have several interviews. Only thing I worry about is if I commit to an interview with a school lower in my rankings and then have an offer from a top choice that conflicts. Oh well, I will cross that bridge if I'm fortunate enough to have it.

I was given three weeks to make arraingments to interview on 1/26. Not much time to worry about conflicting dates.

In regards to not going to an interview in person:

I had an interview in Boston last year, and got stuck in the airport the day before the interview because it was during that huge snow-storm in Jan/Feb 2006. All flights that day were cancelled and I couldn't get rebooked until the day after the interview.

So I told the prof and requested a phone interview. She got back to me and told me it would really be best for me to schedule another flight and come in for an interview. I pushed for the phone interview because by that point I was not willing to buy another ticket, esp on such ridiculously short notice (I had received more interviews than expected). After emailing back and fourth, the prof ended up telling me I would essentially be rejected unless I came for an in-person interview.

So yeah, I think you are going to have to interview in person at a lot of programs....at least the popular programs with a prof who is in high demand.

In regards to not going to an interview in person:

So yeah, I think you are going to have to interview in person at a lot of programs....at least the popular programs with a prof who is in high demand.

Just wanted to reiterate this message. Basically, the interview is a way for a department to assess some of the non-specifics of an applicant (social skills, ability to act appropriately in an evaluation situation, etc.). But in addition, it's your way to assess the department and its location, to determine whether you would like to attend. This information will be critical if you are juggling more than one offer with limited time to make a decision.

The only circumstances I'm aware of that my graduate program was willing to conduct phone interviews were when the applicant was applying from an international location.

Some programs may be more willing to accept a phone interview than others...but if you at all can, go. You will want to visit the school before you accept anyway, so you might as well do it at a time that maximizes your chances of getting accepted in the first place. For those of you who are worried about not being able to take time off work: I suggest prioritizing what will essentially be your job for the next 5 years over what will hopefully only be your job for a few more months.

Good luck everyone! You're in for a crazy next couple of months.

Nothing useful except that I totally remember this thread last spring and having my heart broken when some of my schools were listed (and I hadn't heard a damn thing!) BUT I managed to trick some school into accepting me anyway. Rejections sucks especially for all you over-acheivers. Hang in there! You'll be even more miserable next semester when you are working your ass off and selling blood to buy ramen :D

I totally remember this thread last spring and having my heart broken when some of my schools were listed (and I hadn't heard a damn thing!) BUT I managed to trick some school into accepting me anyway.:D

Care to share your tricky secrets?

Is anyone going to post who they have heard from?

I'm guessing some of the earlier deadline programs have begun sending out invites.

A few people already have. I would list them in my first post but it won't let me edit that post. I think it is because people responded to that one but I am not sure. If anyone knows how to fix it, I will create a list!

I can second this because I was invited by phone today.

Not my invite, but thought I'd share the info.

School - UConn
Method- e-mail
Interview Dates - 1/31 or 2/14

Hey there. Out of me and my 3 friends who are applying to clinical programs this year....so far.....

1 got an invite from Arizona State
1 got an invite from Michigan State
and
1 got an invite from UCSB

I'm happy for them, but none for me so far :(

Come on people, don't be shy! Post your interview invitations! And post the invitations of other people you know who are applying this year!

Speaking of Ramen Noodles...

Momofuku Ando, the inventor of Ramen Noodles, died just a few days ago. The man was a genius (but also 96 years old).

*Ella

I heard from somebody who was invited to a Penn State Child Clinical Interview.

I know someone who got an interview invitation to the University of Georgia.

Anyone apply/hear from UMass-Amherst? Interview weekend is the first weekend in February.

Don't be nervous! Would you like a hug?:love:

*Ella

I need a hug, but I don't think you were offering one to me :(. Ugh, I just really want to hear, or at least get really busy so I can't think about it.

I will give hugs to whomever would like one! Infact, I even hug myself.....no, not really, that would just be too creepy!

I've been so stressed-out today that my coworker is taking me out for a hug after work. And by hug -- I mean drink.

*Ella

ugh, Hawaii just told me they were missing my official transcript, even though I spent $40 on January 2nd to send it to them OVERNIGHT FedEx because Ford happen to die and that's why the Post Office was close and Fedex doesn't send things to Hawaii regular priority, only morning overnight. and so, over a week later, Hawaii is saying they are missing my transcript! argh!

and minisculely (i made that up) people see quynh2007 and assume it's a G. I mean c'mon, why doesn't that look like a Q?! I've had teacher's spell it with a G, and calling me Gwen, but seriously....

I got an email from a prof at UGA saying I wasn't being invited for an interview. Ouch but I guess it was better than a general form letter. Good luck everyone!

I have an interview for the Counseling Ph.D. program at Penn State on the 22nd. They called me at work. Haven't heard from the rest...

Congrats to all those with interviews thus far! It's so exciting hearing about it! Even if I don't get any, it's still fun sharing in everyone else's enthusiasm!

YAY!

:D

*Ella