Official Interview Invites C/O 2014!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IHeartGoldens

TUSVM c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

I am happy to write that I am invited to interview for SGU.

Therefore, I am officially opening up the interview thread for C/O 2014

Also, I wanted to point out that I was not the first to get an interview notice, Sharpei5 was first (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=665915&highlight=sgu+interview)

Anyway....

St. George's University- Sharpei5 (hope you don't mind me listing you:)), Iheartgoldens(10/5, email)

Members don't see this ad.

WOW - already!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you - although I am going to be incredibly anxious from now until March...... can't we fast forward!!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
WOOOHH :thumbup::thumbup:, That's awesome, congrats!

I recently saw the old interview invite thread, and now i'm starting to freak out, since I saw that some people started receiving emails from glasgow in October..yikes!

Congrats!

I think I would rather fast forward to August 2010. :)

some start as soon as november! I am trying my best to "not think about it". YEAH RIGHT! Oh I hope the first thing I get isn't a rejection letter.

Congratulations! If you could help me, for St. George's, how did you send recommendations in. I haven't seen an actual "letter of reference" form or guideline. I just wondered whether the evaluators simply send in a small personalized paragraph/essay about the student or have to actually fill out a form. Thanks for your help.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is exciting! I have a friend that went there, but he is back in the states now finishing up! Good luck with your interview! :xf:

CONGRATS! You will do great.....you can be the first acceptance of the Class of 2014!! Oh wait, i am....not fair though, i deferred last year.

Best of Luck to you!

Congratulations! If you could help me, for St. George's, how did you send recommendations in. I haven't seen an actual "letter of reference" form or guideline. I just wondered whether the evaluators simply send in a small personalized paragraph/essay about the student or have to actually fill out a form. Thanks for your help.

Do you know who your advisor is? My LoRs for SGU were the same format as for VMCAS, just a personalized reference letter. What entry date, Jan or August?

Thank you all for the well-wishes.... I'll update on a different thread about my interview when that comes around.

I don't know how I'm going to last until Dec/Jan! Good Luck all!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Nice I got mine 9/17...Its been impossible coordinating with my interviewer though I'm supposed to go on Saturday...Ill let you know how it goes

Congrats!

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the thread - thought I was already missing out!

Hope I can repost here later!!!:scared:

Its so funny reading this thread already cause I feel like it was just a couple months ago we were posting the same thing. Hang in there, it does fly by fast. Don't fret if you don't get an interview letter the same time as someone else, a lot of schools do like rolling interviews and send out letters in waves. Check the old thread to see when interviews were scheduled, the schools seem to keep a nice schedule on that. Also I HIGHLY recommend using the interview feedback to get a preview of types of questions you will be asked it helps a lot and remember going into the interview they ALREADY like you or you wouldn't be sitting there so be confident ( I know easier said then done)

For those who will be interviewing at Davis, do the interview workshop, I didn't and they told you some of the kinda kicker questions they would ask during the workshop so I wish I had.

St. George's University- Sharpei 5, Iheartgoldens(10/5,email)
Ross University- Iheartgoldens (10/21, email)

Also, Thank you to everyone for the support :) I'll update with news after the interviews

Last edited:
Hey!

I am happy to write that I am invited to interview for SGU.

Therefore, I am officially opening up the interview thread for C/O 2014

Also, I wanted to point out that I was not the first to get an interview notice, Sharpei5 was first (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=665915&highlight=sgu+interview)

Anyway....

St. George's University- Sharpei5 (hope you don't mind me listing you:)), Iheartgoldens(10/5, email)

did you apply for the jan class? or august class?

I applied for August class and I have already had my interview

Sharpei-
you told us you'd let us know how it went when you had it...so...
how'd it go?? I'm going to an open house in chicago tonight....

on average, when do people start hearing back from schools whether or not they got an interview? particularly uc davis...

on average, when do people start hearing back from schools whether or not they got an interview? particularly uc davis...

i dont know about UC davis but most schools i applied say they wont have any news until mid dec through mid jan. There was one school though, i think colorado...maybe is earlier?? but i honestly cant remember specifics, the chart i made is at work :(

i dont know about UC davis but most schools i applied say they wont have any news until mid dec through mid jan. There was one school though, i think colorado...maybe is earlier?? but i honestly cant remember specifics, the chart i made is at work :(

thanks for the info

Sharpei-
you told us you'd let us know how it went when you had it...so...
how'd it go?? I'm going to an open house in chicago tonight....

The interview went really well in my opinion; I was interviewed by a graduate from the veterinary school. I am pretty good when it comes to one on one convos with people even if we just met. (Im worried for when there is more than 1 person to win over, def harder to read the vibes) Anyhow the interview became very conversational we were sharing our opinions and stories. We both where so enthralled by our conversation that the time flew by, it lasted about two hours before she realized she had to run. I wrote the essay in there at some point as well and answered some specific questions like Why do you want to be a veterinarian? Did you apply to other schools? Explain some ethical issues in vet med? It was nice to get a real interview under my belt, and hopefully I can learn from this one and get a couple more shots at it for the US schools.

Here is some info I have gathered (for my schools). Don't hold me to it though!

UPenn- Acceptance letter Jan-April

VA-MD- Interview notify early Jan, Interview Jan 29/30, Acceptance letter Mid Fed

Wisconsin- Acceptance letter before April

CO- all denials by email/website portal, *edit* updates mid Nov-mid Dec

MO- Interview early Jan, acceptance letter ~april 15

IL- interview notify Jan, Interview Feb

Minnesota- Interview notify mid Jan

Last edited:
unless i'm crazy...i'm pretty sure colorado doesn't interview..

ah yes i guess i wrote that in the wrong column lol maybe that is for acceptance letter/denial letters?

Anyone else worried about actually being able to afford to travel to interviews? I am in CA, and I know it won't be cheap to get a last-minute flight to Ohio or Illinois. Glad Colorado doesn't interview.

Anyone else worried about actually being able to afford to travel to interviews? I am in CA, and I know it won't be cheap to get a last-minute flight to Ohio or Illinois. Glad Colorado doesn't interview.

i cant even think about money now!! apps were so much by themselves. all i can say is, thank god my parents are partially supporting me because i could not make it on my stupid 26k fellowship alone lol

I'm in california too and having the same concerns. Doesn't help that all the schools I applied to save davis and col are on the east coast. I'm in the middle of taking a year off between undergrad and vet school and I'm glad I took this year off because I would not have been able to afford apps and interviews while in undergrad.

I am slightly worried. Since I am WICHE none of those schools inteview. The only school I would be interviewed at is Westen. I am in AZ so I can just drive to Pomona, but I have no income and no help from my parents. So I am currently living off of my savings. It is hard but I know that I will make it work somehow.

I'm very worried, being from Alaska, everywhere is about a five hour flight away and at least 600 dollars on a good day. I hope that my interviews are all within the same week so I can attempt to only fly out to the lower 48 once....very spendy

I'm very worried, being from Alaska, everywhere is about a five hour flight away and at least 600 dollars on a good day. I hope that my interviews are all within the same week so I can attempt to only fly out to the lower 48 once....very spendy
Yeah, my dad lives in Alaska, and I hate flying there, and it is so friggin' expensive!

Where in Alaska, if you don't mind me asking? Some of my family is from Anchorage, my uncle Tom used to head the the program for bear research on the Kenai Peninsula (USGS)! I keep seeing him on TV all the time (like animal planet and stuff), it's so mind blowing!!! (My boyfriend hates it because I shriek and run up to the TV and start pointing lol.)

Where in Alaska, if you don't mind me asking? Some of my family is from Anchorage, my uncle Tom used to head the the program for bear research on the Kenai Peninsula (USGS)! I keep seeing him on TV all the time (like animal planet and stuff), it's so mind blowing!!! (My boyfriend hates it because I shriek and run up to the TV and start pointing lol.)

I live in Wasilla (Sarah Palin-ville) but I go to University of Alaska Anchorage in Anchorage, its an hour drive but its very scenic ;)
There is Alaska stuff all over the tv now, I think its a bit funny but entertaining. When I go down to the states all I hear is "Deadliest Catch", "Do you know Sarah Palin", and "Do you live in an Igloo?"

Oh well, I'm hoping some adcom's feel a bit of enthusiasm for The Last Frontier.

Kansas State said they would be letting us know if we have an interview around Dec. 1st.
ughhh... what a way to start the beginning of finals!

Kansas State said they would be letting us know if we have an interview around Dec. 1st.
ughhh... what a way to start the beginning of finals!

I totally forgot about this....that's in about a month's time. Yikes! :scared:

Ohio State said we'd know by the end of November.... and it looks like most people hear by thanksgiving.... AH!

I am also from Alaska (Fairbanks); I have been trying to save up airline miles to mitigate the huge expense of flying. I am also contacting schools to try to narrow dates for interviews. I am asking that they e-mail me my invites if possible so that I have time to make flight arrangements. Hope that works:xf:.

Ahhh the joys of living 3000 miles away from the lower 48.

I am so excited to start finding out about interviews it is making me INSANE. I think everyone should start a school individual thread on invterview invites. I was looking at some of them last year and it got a little confusing. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!:thumbup:

(for people I know from 2008-2009 application cycle)

Royal Vet College London - Interview notification Early November. Interview early February . Acceptance late February

U of Missouri - Interview (out of state only) notification end November.. Interview early Jan. - Acceptance early February (dates are later for in-state students)

Prince Edward Island - International (USA students) interview notification end January - interview mid February (up through mid-March) - acceptance early April - (Canadian students interview later than US students)

Tufts interview February - not sure of acceptance date

Massey - no interview
Murdoch - no interview

There is a whole thread on this topic for the last cycle
Here's a link to the last page of the thread

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=582254&highlight=jaydog&page=16