**OFFICIAL LOR/ D.O. LOR QUESTION THREAD**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fedxup

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post all questions regarding letters of recommendation here.

Members don't see this ad.

I decided I will not be applying this cycle. I will apply next cycle.

The problem with this however is that the premed committee at my school is already writing me a LOR which will include my individual professor/doctor LOR's. Prior to deciding to apply next cycle, I told my premed advisor who is head of the committee that I will be applying this year. Do I tell him I am not applying anymore? Problem with that is, he may (likely) be unwilling to save the packet for me for next cycle/to write me one next cycle (the guy is a jerk, its nothing personal against me; take my word for it). Or, do I not tell him I am not applying anymore and let him upload it onto my interfolio account and just hold onto it for a year? The dates will be a year old however and I don't know if there is a possibility of the content be conflicting in some way.

What do I do?

Members don't see this ad :)
I decided I will not be applying this cycle. I will apply next cycle.

The problem with this however is that the premed committee at my school is already writing me a LOR which will include my individual professor/doctor LOR's. Prior to deciding to apply next cycle, I told my premed advisor who is head of the committee that I will be applying this year. Do I tell him I am not applying anymore? Problem with that is, he may (likely) be unwilling to save the packet for me for next cycle/to write me one next cycle (the guy is a jerk, its nothing personal against me; take my word for it). Or, do I not tell him I am not applying anymore and let him upload it onto my interfolio account and just hold onto it for a year? The dates will be a year old however and I don't know if there is a possibility of the content be conflicting in some way.

What do I do?

When will you be graduating?

Just graduated..
It is recommended that your letters be from the year you're applying but letters are valid for two years at most schools. This is to my knowledge. If the guy is jerk and will not save the letters for you, I say let him write it. Have him upload it to interfolio. I don't anticipate you having any problems.

Maybe some one who did this before can shed some more light or an adcom @Goro

Reactions: 1 user
I've seen LORs from more than 3-4 years ago. Usually these are from people who have tried applying and for some reason, stopped, then started later on.

It is recommended that your letters be from the year you're applying but letters are valid for two years at most schools. This is to my knowledge. If the guy is jerk and will not save the letters for you, I say let him write it. Have him upload it to interfolio. I don't anticipate you having any problems.

Maybe some one who did this before can shed some more light or an adcom @Goro

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys!