Official Match Results 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc Samson

gamma irradiated
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Board seems quiet this morning... something going on I should know about? ;)

Feel free to post your good news below.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
After 8 years as a Spartan, I'm going to the land of the Wolverines! I'll always bleed green, though :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
UIC! An absolute dream result through the scramble.

congrats to everyone! hope it was a good day for all :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Harvard Longwood-- staying in Boston and couldn't be happier.

Ditto to Harvard Longwood! Silas, let's chat. My husband is flying to Boston Sunday to look for apartments and we could use a little advice on neighborhoods.

Ditto to Harvard Longwood! Silas, let's chat. My husband is flying to Boston Sunday to look for apartments and we could use a little advice on neighborhoods.

Congrats!!! Brookline is nice but pricey-- you may want to find something near the green line (E line I believe) since getting around via car in Boston is virtually impossible.

Shoot me an email, I'd be happy to chat. See you in a couple of months!!

University of Washington!

I'm headed back home!

Loma Linda University

Medical University of South Carolina

Could not be happier or more excited

The South!

Last edited:
Is there a way to see who else matched to our program?

Yale -- got my #1 and couldn't be happier. Congrats to everyone!!!

The area west of the Longwood Medical Area (Brookline/Coolidge Corner) is pricey because it is walkable to the LMA and it is actually a decent neighborhood. The area east/southeast of the LMA is just as walkable, but it is not as nice, and the rents tend to be cheaper. The area east/northeast of the LMA (the Fens) is also cheaper, mostly populated with undergraduates, and many women would not feel safe walking home alone at night.

Because there are so many undergraduates in the area, there is no substitute for actually going over to the building and kicking the tires. For example, the 'Back Bay Manor' (75 St. Alphonsus) bills itself as some sort of luxury apartment for doctors. But it is basically a college dorm. If you walk around, you can see notices posted about how you shouldn't throw things off the balcony and how defacing the laundry room will result in a $100 fine. There are literally lots of college students living there, and it shows.

In addition to Craigslist, you can often find some listings on the "HMS Trading Post". I guess the thinking is that you can weed out the riff-raff by advertising specifically to Harvard affiliates.
http://mycourses.med.harvard.edu/tradingpost.asp

-AT.

Congrats to everyone. Just out of curiosity, is there a way to see which schools didn't fill/had spots in the scramble?

Silas and Cinnameg, I'm a current Longwood PGY-1. PM me your email addresses and I'll send you guys the neighborhood guide that they sent us at the beginning of last year along with some other info about looking for places in Boston/Brookline.

I'm going to Harvard Longwood too! Will come up to Boston on the 31st through the weekend to find a place. I am soooo happy :)

Hey guys! I am at Longwood as well!!! I am incredibly happy!!!! :love:

MDchouette, could you please also send me the info on housing? We will be relocating from New York. Thank you so much!

Congratulations everyone who matched! I couldn't be happier with matching at my #1 choice here at the University of Chicago. Rankings and rumors aren't everything- especially when I consider how lucky I am to stay here in Chicago with my partner AND be at a phenomenal institution. :)

Congrats once again!

My #1! TexasPhysician and Flash, can't wait to meet you all!

Incoming PGY-2 at Dartmouth. Anyone match PGY-1 or -2 on here at Dartmouth? :)

Incoming PGY-2 at Dartmouth. Anyone match PGY-1 or -2 on here at Dartmouth? :)

Did you do your first year at Harvard? Just curious why the switch from Harvard to Dartmouth?

Welcome to Dartmouth! I am a psych intern at DHMC now and can't wait to meet you.

Hey! We're going to be residents together. It sounds like our class is going to be great!

Hey titoincali: I'm excited to meet you and the rest of the Yale Psych residents!! PM me sometime if you'd like! Let's be in touch.

Left town right after the match...

UCSF for me!

Congrats everyone!