Official Match Results Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
maggie said:
Matched at UF Jacksonville. I am happy but feel a little bit sad in the same time, this is my number 4 choice ...
sorry to hear that, well atleast u matched. Where did u want to go if not Jacksonville ?

Members don't see this ad.

Matched at Medical College of Wisconsin. I am so happy. You don't know how good a place is till you see other places first. It was my third overall of eleven I ranked, but looking back at it, I know that I would not have been as happy at my # 1 or 2. Medical College of Wisconsin the hidden gem of the midwest baby.

Brain on Brains said:
Matched at Medical College of Wisconsin. I am so happy. You don't know how good a place is till you see other places first. It was my third overall of eleven I ranked, but looking back at it, I know that I would not have been as happy at my # 1 or 2. Medical College of Wisconsin the hidden gem of the midwest baby.

Congrats!! I really liked that place, a lot more than I thought I would. Ranked it #2 and would have been very happy there I think. Have fun!

Members don't see this ad :)
Brain on Brains said:

Yes, MCW, is good. I ranked it #3. It deals with a diverse population so later on when you are practicing you are not stratching your head when some homeless minority patient comes to your office for a work up and it has a great Childrens Hospital. I understand that they are getting more prestigous and have nice facilities.

Also, Milwaukee is a nice city (quite segregated but still nice) with a lot of culture and a lot of great restaurants ( check out pieces of eight on the lake and the Polaris at teh Hyatt-Regency). The lakefront is a plus. I recommend staying on the Eastside. It is the best part of the city and has the UW-Milwaukee crowd around. The Eastside of town is very laidback and fun and you are right by Bradford Beach. Traffic is almost never an issue in Milwaukee so you can easily get to MCW within 15 minutes.

There is a lot of stuff to do in the summer. Summerfest, State Fairs, and lots of concerts and music in the parks and it is only a short drive away from Chicago. Nice pick. :thumbup:

Got my 1st choice... U of Pittsburgh!

Brain on Brains said:

I'll be in Milwaukee too! I ranked MCW as my top choice and I'm so happy I did. It has an awesome well-rounded program, cool laid-back people, a nice hospital, and the city of Milwaukee totally impressed me.... see you soon. GO MCW!