Official MCAT Guide Verbal Passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

G1SG2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished the verbal passages in this book. The impression that I got was that the passages are longer than the AAMC practice test verbal passages BUT they're easier to read and the questions are a bit trickier. Is this the general consensus for the verbal on the real MCAT? Longer, yet easier to read passages and trickier questions? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished the verbal passages in this book. The impression that I got was that the passages are longer than the AAMC practice test verbal passages BUT they're easier to read and the questions are a bit trickier. Is this the general consensus for the verbal on the real MCAT? Longer, yet easier to read passages and trickier questions? Thanks.

hopefully NO re: tricky questions....:scared:

hopefully NO re: tricky questions....:scared:

Haha, yeah, boo to those. There weren't that many tricky questions...but that may be a trick. I don't want false confidence! Or maybe I do. Any confidence is good confidence. But the passages were so clear and easy to read, especially compared to the AAMC practice tests...that sort of scares me lol...am I being messed with!? I guess I'll just expect the worst.

Haha, yeah, boo to those. There weren't that many tricky questions...but that may be a trick. I don't want false confidence! Or maybe I do. Any confidence is good confidence. But the passages were so clear and easy to read, especially compared to the AAMC practice tests...that sort of scares me lol...am I being messed with!? I guess I'll just expect the worst.

I'll be getting the book in a few days so hopefully I can provide some more insight. I do know that the consensus is that the passages are longer, and that they are a little more straightforward. I dont know about the nature of the questions. I haven't noticed any mention of too many trcky questions from reading the Official MCAT threads