Official New EM Programs List 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perfect Hair Day

Grapes of Wrath, Chocolate Ice Cream, Johnny Cash.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it may be a good idea to crowd-source a list of newly formed or newly ACGME accredited EM residency programs as we now enter the new application year. If you're aware of a program that's new, or one that isn't participating in ERAS because it is so new, throw the name up on the board :)

1. Wellstar Kennestone (Marietta, GA)

Members don't see this ad.

Lol, I see you read my post about WellStar in the WAMC thread!

From here, as of 9/17/17: https://apps.acgme.org/ads/Public/R...ar=2017&SpecialtyCode=110&AcademicYearId=2017

WellStar Kennestone
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Merit Health Wesley
Sunrise Health GME Consortium
NYCOMEC (New York Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Education Consortium)
Adena Regional Medical Center
Aria Health
Allegheny Health Network Medical Education Consortium

Last year's list is a fair bit longer: https://apps.acgme.org/ads/Public/R...ar=2017&SpecialtyCode=110&AcademicYearId=2016

This is where this data comes from, FYI: ACGME - Accreditation Data System (ADS)

Reactions: 1 user
Lol, I see you read my post about WellStar in the WAMC thread!

From here, as of 9/17/17: https://apps.acgme.org/ads/Public/R...ar=2017&SpecialtyCode=110&AcademicYearId=2017

WellStar Kennestone
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Merit Health Wesley
Sunrise Health GME Consortium
NYCOMEC (New York Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Education Consortium)
Adena Regional Medical Center
Aria Health
Allegheny Health Network Medical Education Consortium

Last year's list is a fair bit longer: https://apps.acgme.org/ads/Public/R...ar=2017&SpecialtyCode=110&AcademicYearId=2016

This is where this data comes from, FYI: ACGME - Accreditation Data System (ADS)

I don't see an EM residency program at Sunrise Health GME (MountainView)....

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see an EM residency program at Sunrise Health GME (MountainView)....

Don't see it where?

They were just accredited 3 days ago, according to this report. It might take a bit for them to update their website and land on ERAS.

(Are we sure Sunrise Health GME is the same thing as MountainView? I'm not familiar with either, but Southern Hills is another Sunrise Health hospital and it has an FM program.)

Just to reclarify, Arrowhead isn't necessarily a new program, it was AOA for some time. It is newly ACGME.

This is important distinction for applicants that are not comfortable being "the first cohort" at a program. In this case they wouldn't be, residents have been there for years.

I can't speak to the others on the list.

Just to reclarify, Arrowhead isn't necessarily a new program, it was AOA for some time. It is newly ACGME.

This is important distinction for applicants that are not comfortable being "the first cohort" at a program. In this case they wouldn't be, residents have been there for years.

Thats okay! this thread also intended to highlight programs that are newly ACGME accredited :)

Right, I included it as it still fits on "a list of newly formed or newly ACGME accredited EM residency programs"

This is the list of formerly-AOA (i.e. osteopathic) programs that are somewhere in the process of becoming ACGME accredited, along with the dates they received initial ACGME accreditation:

https://apps.acgme.org/ads/Public/Reports/ReportRun?ReportId=18&CurrentYear=2017&SpecialtyCode=110

Glad to see Merit Health Wesley get theirs. We were told when we auditioned/interviewed in July that they would stay on the ERAS DO list this year after accreditation, then move over to the MD list for next year.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought it may be a good idea to crowd-source a list of newly formed or newly ACGME accredited EM residency programs as we now enter the new application year. If you're aware of a program that's new, or one that isn't participating in ERAS because it is so new, throw the name up on the board :)

1. Wellstar Kennestone (Marietta, GA)

Feel free to contact me regarding Kennestone if you have questions as I am one of the faculty members there.

Kennestone is going to be an awesome environment for training with our high acuity, high volume (fifth busiest in the nation), very active stroke/aneurysm repair program, and active trauma program. Physical plant isn't great right now, but new ED should be built end of 2019. We've got a great lineup of faculty who are committed to teaching.

Reactions: 5 users
Feel free to contact me regarding Kennestone if you have questions as I am one of the faculty members there.

Kennestone is going to be an awesome environment for training with our high acuity, high volume (fifth busiest in the nation), very active stroke/aneurysm repair program, and active trauma program. Physical plant isn't great right now, but new ED should be built end of 2019. We've got a great lineup of faculty who are committed to teaching.

Will you guys be participating in ERAS? Can't seem to find you on there yet. Thanks!

Will your program be IMG friendly?

Any advice on how to find new programs that may open between now and June, who will be seeking residents for their inaugural class?