Official No Matter What Happens- I Will Not Give Up Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I got in

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The reason I started this thread is because I need some motivation
Hey Guys-Please post if the past few months only brought sadness, the trip to mailbox was dissapointing and every rejection letter challenged your belief system about your abilities.
I have made my peace with me not getting in this year, but I truly want to study medicine. So, I will be starting to study for the MCAT again and try harder this time around.
After 15 rejections and waitlists, I believe it cannot get any worse. I am totally prepared to deal with rejections second time around. I will try to interview better, work longer on my personal statement, take a few classes, and brush up on the extra-curriculars.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, if you really want to do you something. Go for it. Don't give up. However, you probably need to find out your weaknesses by calling the school that you really want to go to and got a rejection letter. Ask them to go over your application. Good luck. Just re-evaluate yourself and re-apply.

The schools rejected me did NOT reply back to me when i politely asked them to give me reasons for my rejections. But last week, Johns Hopkins suddenly emailed me back, saying that they cannot tell me the reasons for me getting rejected.

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!!?

...god.... why? I thought they have the obligation to tell students, or there is no point to reapply cuz i don't know what's wrong with my application.

And UCLA told me to call back in mid-June for some reason. That's just lame... they could just pull out my file and let me know in less than 15 minutes.

anyway, J2001, i hope I have your motivation. i think i won't be as motivated as you until i am completely tired of feeling so depressed.

but in time, yes, i know i can stand up again because medicine is my dream.

....and it's gonna be a reality for sure, baby!