Official NYU Waitlist thread 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spoog74

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
post here your date of interview, waitlist letter receival date, and your stats ( if you dont mind )

!!! Thank you and good luck to all

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on Oct. 24 and got a waitlist letter Dec. 5. Do you know if there's a way to find out where you are on this list?

I interviewed on Oct. 24 and got a waitlist letter Dec. 5. Do you know if there's a way to find out where you are on this list?

no idea... what are your stats if u dont mind?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed : 9/27
Waitlist letter: 12/5
Check predents for stats

interview on Oct 13
waitlist by letter on dec 5 :(
AA:20, PAT 25

Interview in November.. waitlisted dec 5 :(

waitlisted dec 5 too...check predent for interview and stats

NYU has stated that their waitlist is not ranked, its at the admission commitees discretion on who to admit of f the waitlist. Just wanted to let you guys know.

does anyone know what could have been the reason certain people with amazing stats were waitlisted? im not talking about myself in specific but i do see people on predents with great stats and they were waitlisted as well...

Waitlist sucks. Not only is one hoping that people will turn down their offers, but you also have to compete against the post-Dec interviewees who get acceptances, not to mention the people on that waitlist with you.

does anyone know what could have been the reason certain people with amazing stats were waitlisted? im not talking about myself in specific but i do see people on predents with great stats and they were waitlisted as well...

Ummm, maybe it was the interview. You can tell a lot about a candidate in an interview:

-sincerity
-maturity
-passion
-compassion
-verbal ability
-vocabulary
-communication
-articulation
-confidence
-dedication
-response to stress
-creative thinking
-style/neatness
-physical appearance

there are only 2 people on predents that are waitlisted with better than average stats. so i dont see it as a big deal. Plus stats dont really paint the whole picture. I've met a lot of 3.7 or 3.8 GPA students who were so boring and socially awkward that I wouldn't accept them to my school either.

there are only 2 people on predents that are waitlisted with better than average stats. so i dont see it as a big deal. Plus stats dont really paint the whole picture. I've met a lot of 3.7 or 3.8 GPA students who were so boring and socially awkward that I wouldn't accept them to my school either.

predents doesn't represent everyone.

I have not heard back from them yet. I know it was not b/c of my interview considering my interviewer told me she will give me her "highest recommendation." All she did was complement me the whole time. There are probably just too many qualified applicants and not enough acceptances to keep up at this point in the game.