cmirabal25

May 18, 2010
OK
Status
Dental Student
Congrats to everyone! I've been refreshing my AADSAS all morning, and it finally updated to "Offer Made."

OP
cmirabal25

cmirabal25

May 18, 2010
OK
Status
Dental Student
Yep yep...facebook group yet?
I tried start a facebook group, but without anyone to to include in the group it wouldn't let me. My email is [email protected]. Send me your name so I can add you on facebook, and we can start the group.

Aug 2, 2010
Status
Dental Student
I'm waitlisted. If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

I'm 3.95 gpa 21 aa 19 pat

balg0014

PreDent
Apr 24, 2010
Big Sky, Montana
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm excited and honored to be accepted to OU! I'm struggling choosing between OU and Minnesota... I LOVED my tour and the faculty that interviewed me. They left a pretty strong connection. I'll have to do some decision making in the next few weeks.

Congrats, everyone!!

May 31, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Congrats everyone!!
I have a very random question, and I figured by asking you guys that you all could give an unbias opinion. :)
I am from a state that doesn't have a dental school, and I got accepted as an outstate dental student to UMKC, LSU, and Tennessee. I am having trouble deciding between them. How would you guys rank these schools? Which ones would you go to,and why?
I have talked to several people and at 3 schools, but, of course, there is a bias towards their school. I would really appreciate any input you guys could give me. Congrats on your acceptance! :)

Osity

5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Just got accepted today via email and aadsas. Now I have a tough decision to make.

Jan 22, 2011
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey, I was also accepted to OU. Now I'm just trying to make a decision. Is there anything in particular that you all liked about OU. I interviewed there a while back, and don't remember too much about the school. Are there any concerns that you all have about the school?

Thanks!

Osity

5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Hey, I was also accepted to OU. Now I'm just trying to make a decision. Is there anything in particular that you all liked about OU. I interviewed there a while back, and don't remember too much about the school. Are there any concerns that you all have about the school?

Thanks!
Here are a couple of things I liked:
Awesome people
Fairly inexpensive to live there
Good boards pass rate

Concerns:
Lack of the "right patients"-the 3rd/4th year students said that the more expensive procedures are hard to get done, like root canals and crowns.
No digital x-rays
You can't do implants as a DDS student
The residents get the more complicated procedures

The pros and cons are from my experiece at the interview and input from current students. I think OU is awesome school, but for what I wanted to do, it just wasn't the best fit for me.

Good luck with your decision!

Osity

5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2010
Status
Dental Student

Thanks!
What schools are you deciding between?

Osity

5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2010
Status
Dental Student
upenn, bu, oklahoma, and tennessee
I would go where it's the cheapest for you. I know OU is pretty inexpensive relative to other places. Plus it's a great place (in my opinion)..