Official PCAT Study Guide from Pearson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sphuan2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the website where you purchase the official PCAT practice tests, I saw they now offer a PCAT study guide ($25) and Writing Practice Tests ($90 for all 4 tests).

Has anyone purchased these? and do you think it is worth it??

http://www.pcatweb.info/Practice-Test.php

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't purchased the writing test or the study guide. Personally i'm not going to waste money on the writing one because I'm not worried about that portion of the test. I might purchase the study guide since its cheap, but i just don't know. I don't want it to be just like beginning of every PCAT study book i already have.

Has anyone purchased the new pcat practice test (Test #4)? How is the material? Apparently its new material. I only have the other tests from pearson (Tests 1, 2, 3).

I was thinking about buying the study guide, but still thinking about it. Has anyone bought the official practice tests? They have options for getting 1, 2, or 3 tests. One is $45, 2 is $65 and 3 is for $85. If I just get one test for now for $45 can I buy an additional test later for $20? Or do I have to get two at once?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking about buying the study guide, but still thinking about it. Has anyone bought the official practice tests? They have options for getting 1, 2, or 3 tests. One is $45, 2 is $65 and 3 is for $85. If I just get one test for now for $45 can I buy an additional test later for $20? Or do I have to get two at once?

I would buy 3 if money permits. At least 2. My friend scored a 99%ile last year and he highly recommended that I buy them. He said it was similar to the actual PCAT. First one is good to gauge where you are and what you need to study, second one is good to see how you've improved. and third test more questions you see the better.

Not sure, about the buy one now, buy another later. Their phone number is at the bottom of the page. 1-800-622-3231

i think if you only purchase one test for $45, when you buy the 2nd test later on, it'll cost another $45? rather than just buying the first two together for $65. im not completely sure though, but i wouldnt take the risk if youre planning on purchasing all of them in the future anyways. you dont need to take them right away.

i think if you only purchase one test for $45, when you buy the 2nd test later on, it'll cost another $45? rather than just buying the first two together for $65. im not completely sure though, but i wouldnt take the risk if youre planning on purchasing all of them in the future anyways. you dont need to take them right away.

yeah i didnt want to risk it so i just bought 2 earlier today

so I ended up making the purchase for the pearson study guide just because I was curious and it really wouldn't hurt to have more review material. I just glanced over it really quick and here's the contents--

1. restates the pcat blueprint
2. writing portion that has a good amount of sample prompts along with the scoring rubric. it also has sample essays for each of the scores (1-6)
3. then for each of the subtests, it has around 40 questions (from practice test #1) with the answer and explanation below (kinda annoying because its hard answer the question without accidentally seeing the correct answer. but more practice questions nonetheless)

That in mind, I definitely think its worth the $25. it's pretty much the first practice test +/- a few questions.

I bought all 3 tests and two of the biology ones showed up exactly the same. Some similar questions from chemistry and math, too. I thought they were helpful.

On the website where you purchase the official PCAT practice tests, I saw they now offer a PCAT study guide ($25) and Writing Practice Tests ($90 for all 4 tests).

Has anyone purchased these? and do you think it is worth it??

http://www.pcatweb.info/Practice-Test.php

Well... I thought it was bit useless. If you have other PCAT study materials, I don't think it is worth it.