Official Personal Statement Reader List 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danny89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First and foremost, PLEASE CHECK THE MOST RECENT POST FOR THE UPDATED LIST!
SECONDLY, REQUESTS ARE TO BE MADE THROUGH PMs ONLY. NO PERSONAL EMAILS ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD.

I decided to create a personal statement reader's list for the 2014-2015 D.O. cycle after seeing the same threads being created throughout the pre-osteopathic forum.
For those interested in volunteering, type in your username, credentials (i.e. med student), type of editing you'll be providing (grammar, content, etc) and your current status (Accepting or not accepting at this time).
Remember to be courteous to the readers as they're volunteering their time in helping you out. And as always, good luck to everyone applying.

***This list will be self-regulated, so please update any necessary changes***

I'll be using Tots' and the pre-allopathic volunteer staff's excellent rules and instructions on last year's pre-allopathic list:

Rules for Writers:
  • Please refer to the list in the LAST post only. Do not contact anyone who is found elsewhere in this thread but does not appear in the list at the end.
  • Use caution in deciding who you send your personal statement to. In an anonymous web forum, information can be easily plagiarized.
  • This is not the place for you to get others to write your personal statement. If you need help getting started, check out the Official Personal Statement Guide thread and Depakote's Personal Statement Guide/Tips.
  • If you are looking for feedback on your personal statement, it is better to PM individual users here whose strengths are better suited to your needs rather than posting a response in this thread.
  • Once you contact a reader and they agree to read your personal statement, please email it to them as a Word document with your SDN username in the title. Including your SDN username makes it easier for the readers to keep track of who they've already read for and who they still need to read. DO NOT JUST PM YOUR STATEMENT TO A READER.
Rules for Readers:
  • If you would like to be added or deleted from the list, please make sure that you follow the directions below, and add or delete yourself.
  • As a volunteer, you may read as many or as few personal statements as you'd like or have time for. If you will be unavailable for a certain time or have been inundated with requests, simply take yourself off of the list using the instructions below
  • If you receive a request and are unable to fulfill it, please respond to the writer so he/she is not waiting for a response and can request help from elsewhere.
  • For your protection, don not post your email addresses here. Writers will contact you via PM and you can exchange email addresses privately.
  • As this is on a volunteer basis, absolutely NO solicitation of money for your services will be tolerated.
The following instructions should be the first thing to appear in each post:

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click "quote" on the most recent post.
2) Add your SDN screen name, your credentials, and specific things you are willing to edit for (content only, grammar only, etc). DO NOT post your email address.
3) Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom.
4) If you are unable to read any more personal statements, please come back and remove your name from the list.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Oops did it wrong!

Last edited:
First and foremost, PLEASE CHECK THE MOST RECENT POST FOR THE UPDATED LIST!
SECONDLY, REQUESTS ARE TO BE MADE THROUGH PMs ONLY. NO PERSONAL EMAILS ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD.

I decided to create a personal statement reader's list for the 2014-2015 D.O. cycle after seeing the same threads being created throughout the pre-osteopathic forum.
For those interested in volunteering, type in your username, credentials (i.e. med student), type of editing you'll be providing (grammar, content, etc) and your current status (Accepting or not accepting at this time).
Remember to be courteous to the readers as they're volunteering their time in helping you out. And as always, good luck to everyone applying.

***This list will be self-regulated, so please update any necessary changes***

I'll be using Tots' and the pre-allopathic volunteer staff's excellent rules and instructions on last year's pre-allopathic list:

Rules for Writers:
  • Please refer to the list in the LAST post only. Do not contact anyone who is found elsewhere in this thread but does not appear in the list at the end.
  • Use caution in deciding who you send your personal statement to. In an anonymous web forum, information can be easily plagiarized.
  • This is not the place for you to get others to write your personal statement. If you need help getting started, check out the Official Personal Statement Guide thread and Depakote's Personal Statement Guide/Tips.
  • If you are looking for feedback on your personal statement, it is better to PM individual users here whose strengths are better suited to your needs rather than posting a response in this thread.
  • Once you contact a reader and they agree to read your personal statement, please email it to them as a Word document with your SDN username in the title. Including your SDN username makes it easier for the readers to keep track of who they've already read for and who they still need to read. DO NOT JUST PM YOUR STATEMENT TO A READER.
Rules for Readers:
  • If you would like to be added or deleted from the list, please make sure that you follow the directions below, and add or delete yourself.
  • As a volunteer, you may read as many or as few personal statements as you'd like or have time for. If you will be unavailable for a certain time or have been inundated with requests, simply take yourself off of the list using the instructions below
  • If you receive a request and are unable to fulfill it, please respond to the writer so he/she is not waiting for a response and can request help from elsewhere.
  • For your protection, don not post your email addresses here. Writers will contact you via PM and you can exchange email addresses privately.
  • As this is on a volunteer basis, absolutely NO solicitation of money for your services will be tolerated.
DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click "quote" on the most recent post.
2) Add your SDN screen name, your credentials, and specific things you are willing to edit for (content only, grammar only, etc). DO NOT post your email address.
3) Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom.
4) If you are unable to read any more personal statements, please come back and remove your name from the list.

Fireflygirl, PGY-2 in FM, degree in creative and professional writing; previous PS reading in 2010-2011; been on ADCOMs for med school and UG. Also involved in my residency program's residency application committee; specialize in grammar, content, and overall flow. Have experience in talking about IAs and other infractions. Usual turnaround time is 2-3 days. Accepting PSs at this time.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Fireflygirl, PGY-2 in FM, degree in creative and professional writing; previous PS reading in 2010-2011; been on ADCOMs for med school and UG. Also involved in my residency program's residency application committee; specialize in grammar, content, and overall flow. Have experience in talking about IAs and other infractions. Usual turnaround time is 2-3 days. Accepting PSs at this time.

Mommy2three, PGY-1 family medicine. Associates degree in English, published writer, thesis done. Worked with admissions office during medical school. Will read for grammar, content and flow. DO NOT send statement in PM, please message first. Have personal experience talking about past bad grades, IA and multiple withdrawals. Specialize in career changers and non trads but read trads as well. Usual turnaround is 3-4 days. Accepting statements at this time

Fireflygirl, PGY-2 in FM, degree in creative and professional writing; previous PS reading in 2010-2011; been on ADCOMs for med school and UG. Also involved in my residency program's residency application committee; specialize in grammar, content, and overall flow. Have experience in talking about IAs and other infractions. Usual turnaround time is 2-3 days. NOT Accepting PSs at this time. If you have already sent me a PM with a request, I will read it. NOT accepting any NEW requests at this time.

Mommy2three, PGY-1 family medicine. Associates degree in English, published writer, thesis done. Worked with admissions office during medical school. Will read for grammar, content and flow. DO NOT send statement in PM, please message first. Have personal experience talking about past bad grades, IA and multiple withdrawals. Specialize in career changers and non trads but read trads as well. Usual turnaround is 3-4 days. Accepting statements at this time

Reactions: 1 user

Fireflygirl no longer taking PSs.

Is anyone still offering to read Personal Statements and provide feedback? Please let me know, I haven't found someone yet. =(

I am available if need be. I will only read for content however, not for grammar. I have a B.S. in Physiology but spent about 2 years perfecting my personal statement. So I would like to think that I know a thing or two. I will add that I am a harsh critic so keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Anyone willing to look over my PS? I must warn you that it is in a very rough state. I accept all criticism!

Anyone else still willing to give a PS a look?

Anyone willing to help me out as well? I will send you virtual hugs and virtual cookies :)

Would anyone be willing to take a look over my personal statement. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!