*~*~*~*Official Pre-Allo Interview Lodging Thread 2012-2013*~*~*~*

sector9

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Verified Expert
Apr 27, 2011
  1. Medical Student
    Thought I'd start this up again because it was a GREAT idea!

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!

1) Click "quote" on the most recent post.
    2) Enter your state in the subject box.
    3) Add your name and lodging accommodations.

4) Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom.

AL

AK

CA

DC

FL

GA

IL
    NickNaylor - Chicago: U of C (10 min. free bus ride), Northwestern (~30-45 min by mass transit, 15-20 by taxi), Rush (~15-30 min by taxi, not sure how to get there by mass transit), UIC (roughly the same as Rush); pretty comfy couch, will likely have a spare bedroom by the time interviews begin; one cat and one girlfriend present

KY

MA

MD

MI

MN

MO

MS

NY mmmcdowe: NYC- On Columbia Med Campus- 168th and Broadway (If interviewing at Columbia please request student host list of other students after receiving your interview when possible), Touro-15 min subway ride, NYC/Cornell/Sinai- 45 min, Einstein- 10 minute cab ride, Right off the A and 1 line (you can take the A from JFK and there is a slightly more convoluted way of doing it from La Guardia), Comfiest couch ever.

OH

OR

PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

Last edited by a moderator:

ccrone

Mar 27, 2012
    1. Pre-Medical
      Do students on SDN ever offer to host each other during medical school interviews? I know the expenses of traveling for interviews pile up quickly.

I am more than happy to host students interviewing at Duke and UNC this season. You'd have a private room and bathroom. I can pickup from RDU airport.

Please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if you need a place to say in the greater Raleigh-Durham area during interview season. If I like you, I'll tell you where the best empanadas in town are. :D

EBTrailRunner

10+ Year Member
      Jul 27, 2011
      1. Medical Student
        I know it's school-dependent, but most schools should have a student hosting program as well. Nothing like being able to pick a current student's brain and have a place to crash for free the night before your interview.

About the Ads

Barcu

Jul 18, 2010
        1. Medical Student
          Yeah, I hosted through my school's student host program.

Definitely see if that exists if you are interested in hosting. It's actually pretty fun, and since I stayed at hosts' houses while interviewing, I thought I would repay the favor.

Feel free to advertise on SDN too of course, but if you are really interested, you may have more luck at your school.

TheMightySmiter

7+ Year Member
          Oct 18, 2009
          1. Medical Student
            I stayed with an awesome SDN member at my Case interview. :D We'd talked on Facebook a ton beforehand. She's totally cool. And it was great to have someone who knew the city and the school better than I did. Made the interview experience much better.

Nymphicus

good policy is medicine for society
            Moderator Emeritus
            10+ Year Member
            Gold Member
            May 17, 2010
            1. Attending Physician
              I stayed with an awesome SDN member at my Case interview. :D We'd talked on Facebook a ton beforehand. She's totally cool. And it was great to have someone who knew the city and the school better than I did. Made the interview experience much better.

talk talk talk

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
              Staff member
              Administrator
              Volunteer Staff
              10+ Year Member
              Verified Expert
              Sep 13, 2008
              1. Resident [Any Field]
                We have decided to revive the interview hosting thread concept. Feel free to volunteer your home!

Example of what to put:

" Name"NYC: Columbia, Cornell, Downstate, NYU, Mt. Sinai, AECOM accessible by public transportation. female, 2 female roommates. pull-out couch. i will make you cookies. PM for details.

NickNaylor

Thank You for Smoking
                Volunteer Staff
                10+ Year Member
                Verified Expert
                Gold Member
                May 22, 2008
                Deep in the heart of Texas
                1. Attending Physician
                  NickNaylor - Chicago: U of C (10 min. free bus ride), Northwestern (~30-45 min by mass transit, 15-20 by taxi), Rush (~15-30 min by taxi, not sure how to get there by mass transit), UIC (roughly the same as Rush); pretty comfy couch, will likely have a spare bedroom by the time interviews begin; one cat and one girlfriend present

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
                  Staff member
                  Administrator
                  Volunteer Staff
                  10+ Year Member
                  Verified Expert
                  Sep 13, 2008
                  1. Resident [Any Field]
                    Thought I'd start this up again because it was a GREAT idea!

AL

AK

CA

DC

FL

GA

IL

KY

MA

MD

MI

MN

MO

MS

NY mmmcdowe: NYC- On Columbia Med Campus- 168th and Broadway (If interviewing at Columbia please request student host list of other students after receiving your interview when possible), Touro-15 min subway ride, NYC/Cornell/Sinai- 45 min, Einstein- 10 minute cab ride, Right off the A and 1 line (you can take the A from JFK and there is a slightly more convoluted way of doing it from La Guardia), Comfiest couch ever.

OH

OR

PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

AL

AK

CA

DC

FL

GA

IL

KY

MA

MD

MI

MN

MO

MS

kpcrew: SUNY Buffalo

OH

OR

PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

Why do all the useful things appear after my application season is over?

tarheel1408

5+ Year Member
                    Jul 23, 2012
                    Winston-Salem
                    1. Medical Student

AL

AK

CA

DC

FL

GA

IL

KY

MA

MD

MI

MN

MO

MS

NC tarheel1408: UNC/Duke. I'm a senior at UNC and my apartment is a free 10 minute bus ride away from UNC Hospitals. Its also possible to take a bus over to Duke but you'd probably be better off with a cab. Male with female roommate. My couch is your couch. PM me for details.

OH

OR

PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

SBR249

10+ Year Member
                      Mar 23, 2009
                      1. MD/PhD Student

AL

AK

CA

DC

FL

GA

IL

KY

MA

MD

MI

MN

MO

MS

NC tarheel1408: UNC/Duke. I'm a senior at UNC and my apartment is a free 10 minute bus ride away from UNC Hospitals. Its also possible to take a bus over to Duke but you'd probably be better off with a cab. Male with female roommate. My couch is your couch. PM me for details.

OH

OR

PA

RI

TN

TX
                        SBR249: Dallas - 5 minutes by car from UTSW; got a futon in the living room; can probably catch a ride to campus with me; male, no roommate, no pet. PM if interested.

VA

WA

JadeSto

Dec 17, 2014
                        1. DO/PhD Student
                          DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!.
                          4) Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom..

AL

AK

CA

DC

FL

GA

IL NickNaylor - Chicago: U of C (10 min. free bus ride), Northwestern (~30-45 min by mass transit, 15-20 by taxi), Rush (~15-30 min by taxi, not sure how to get there by mass transit), UIC (roughly the same as Rush); pretty comfy couch, will likely have a spare bedroom by the time interviews begin; one cat and one girlfriend present

KY

MA

MD

MI

MN

MO

MS

OH

OR

PA

RI

TN

TX
                          SBR249: Dallas - 5 minutes by car from UTSW; got a futon in the living room; can probably catch a ride to campus with me; male, no roommate, no pet. PM if interested.

VA

WA

WV

Jadesto : Lewisburg, West Virginia. 2-3 minute by car from WVSOM or an easy 15 minute walk. Fancy queen air mattress and also a futon (in case family/friends are coming with you) in a somewhat private backroom. I can offer a ride to/from campus and airports (before and after class of course). I would also love to show you around or answer any questions you may have about this awesome school, whether or not you stay with me and my roommates. =)

Keywords: Student hosting lodging free cheap save ride to from travel interview interviews admissions couch current students hotel hotels motel lodge

About the Ads
                          This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          7. This thread is locked.