Official September PCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cantremember

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody who took the PCAT in October received their scores yet? I have not gotten it online or through the mail. Will they be available first online?

I only ask this because I know July PCAT takers received theirs ~20 days after their test date.

EDIT: Mods if you could fix this, I meant September PCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

I took mine at the end of Sept, I havent got the score yet. For the July test, I received the online version first. I guess it depends your location.

Ya, you get the official paper in mail, but they also gave you an option to print an online official score report. I took my pcat July. I got my online version August 18th, Pharmcas received it 22nd, paper copy received a week later.

Members don't see this ad :)
thankya!
Ya, you get the official paper in mail, but they also gave you an option to print an online official score report. I took my pcat July. I got my online version August 18th, Pharmcas received it 22nd, paper copy received a week later.

Any September test takers gotten their scores yet? Took mine on the 19th, so I'm assuming that within the week my scores should be up online.

Any September test takers gotten their scores yet? Took mine on the 19th, so I'm assuming that within the week my scores should be up online.
I took mine on Sept 14th and nothing yet. I looked at the Pearson website and it says scores may be out within five weeks of the end of the testing window. If that's the case we may not see scores until the first week of November because the testing window ended with the Sept. 28th test. I'm hoping that doesn't happen because the July tests got them back in like a month.

I took mine on Sept 14th and nothing yet. I looked at the Pearson website and it says scores may be out within five weeks of the end of the testing window. If that's the case we may not see scores until the first week of November because the testing window ended with the Sept. 28th test. I'm hoping that doesn't happen because the July tests got them back in like a month.

Oh crap, totally missed the whole "testing window" thing, thanks! That really would stink if it took until November. Ah well, nothing we can do!

I took it on the 26th of september. I wish pearson would hurry up. It's killing me that other people are getting interviews and I am not. All the schools just need my PCAT for my app to be complete

Called them today. We can expect the score for the September testing dates 3-5 weeks from the last testing date which was Sept. 28. As there were more people taking the test in Sept. it can be expected that it will take long than the July time for the tests to be scored. There is no priority for if you took it on 14th or the 28th as they are all sent at once and score at together.

If they stick to their time frame the earliest that we can expect scores would be this Wednesday the 19th to the latest of November 2. This also doesn't factor in the time it takes for them to mail it to Pharmcas and school designations. For the July test, the official scores were provided on 8/18/2011 but Pharmcas didn't receive them until 8/22/2011. Hopefully, they will provide the official scores sooner rather than later.

This also doesn't factor in the time it takes for them to mail it to Pharmcas and school designations. For the July test, the official scores were provided on 8/18/2011 but Pharmcas didn't receive them until 8/22/2011.

The scores are actually sent electronically from Pearson to PharmCAS. I believe the extra time is so PharmCAS can match the records to the correct app. August 18 was a Thursday, too, so there's an intervening weekend in those dates.

If the scores were mailed, there'd be an even longer wait between Pearson sending them & PharmCAS "receiving" them on the apps, because PharmCAS'd have to key them all.

I took it on the 26th of september. I wish pearson would hurry up. It's killing me that other people are getting interviews and I am not. All the schools just need my PCAT for my app to be complete

Yeah, my friend took it on the 14th and her app to some schools is sitting there waiting for the PCAT score. It would've been nice if they could've actually taken advantage of the computerized test in such a way as to speed things up a bit. Apparently, improving efficiency to also make things a bit better for the applicant was not one of the goals of the switch.

Yeah, my friend took it on the 14th and her app to some schools is sitting there waiting for the PCAT score. It would've been nice if they could've actually taken advantage of the computerized test in such a way as to speed things up a bit. Apparently, improving efficiency to also make things a bit better for the applicant was not one of the goals of the switch.

It would be interesting to know how many people Pearson employs to grade the essay components, and if they increase that number for the September exams vs. the July exams since there are more test takers in Sept. Because really, if the rest of the exam is graded via computer, that's the only place where there's a holdup, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not a fan of this receiving official scores 5 weeks after the testing window business. It's been five weeks since I took my exam. I most likely would have had them by now with the ol' pencil and scantron method of testing.

It's holding me back from submitting a supplemental because the school won't consider new scores once an application is complete. I feel bad for those first time PCATers whose pharmCAS apps are not complete without them!

I am not a fan of this receiving official scores 5 weeks after the testing window business. It's been five weeks since I took my exam. I most likely would have had them by now with the ol' pencil and scantron method of testing.

It's holding me back from submitting a supplemental because the school won't consider new scores once an application is complete. I feel bad for those first time PCATers whose pharmCAS apps are not complete without them!

You can try some California schools. They do not require pcat.

I'm in the same boat. The wait is very frustrating. I keep checking the website over and over to see if the scores are posted yet...and nopeeeee. They want to take their sweet time.

Ahhh! Still waiting for Pearson... this is a little crazy. Has anyone taken the written exam prior to the computer based? Does it take the same amount of time to receive them?

Yea, I've taken the written prior to the CBT, and it does take the same amt of time to receive the results

Hmmm...the pearson pcat website is under maintenance. Hopefully this is a sign that official scores should be available tomorrow? Or soon? And that September PCAT takers can FINALLY start receiving interviews?!
:xf:

I am so irritated by how long they are taking. :)

And....my predictions were correct. THE OFFICIAL SCORES ARE OUT.
Nice catch on the official scores. I had been checking regularly but had a late lab tonight and didn't bother.

I somehow managed a 3.0/3.5 on the writing. I thought I totally bombed both essays because I just wanted to get to the meat of the exam and put very little thought into my answers.

Cool, 3.0/3.0. Seems like that's the standard?

Anybody know how long it takes for PharmCAS to get the scores now?

Anybody know how long it takes for PharmCAS to get the scores now?
Since they are sent to PharmCAS electronically I think they just have to match our CIDs with our applications. Hopefully that doesn't take too long so the scores can go out to schools the next mailing date.

Since they are sent to PharmCAS electronically I think they just have to match our CIDs with our applications. Hopefully that doesn't take too long so the scores can go out to schools the next mailing date.

From what I have read on here from other people, it seems to take about a week to get everything lined up at Pharmcas. Dont know if this is correct but it seems to be the concensus.

From what I have read on here from other people, it seems to take about a week to get everything lined up at Pharmcas. Dont know if this is correct but it seems to be the concensus.
I know...I've read that too. Doing a little wishful thinking!

Got the official scores today...they're exactly the same as my preliminaries:

Verbal: 82
Biology: 99
Reading Comp: 45
Quantitative: 83
Chemistry: 93
Composite: 92

Writing: 3.0 in both Problem-solving and Conventions of Language

I don't really understand how they grade writing, haha. I believe my conventions of language should have gotten at least a 4.0, but whatever. I guess it's good enough.

Yeah, 3.0/3.0 for me as well.

Writing sections on standardized tests are dumb. Especially given the fact that adcoms can easily determine an applicant's writing proficiency from the lengthy personal statements he/she needs to complete on the application.

Pearson should save everyone's time and do away with it already.

Yeah, 3.0/3.0 for me as well.

Writing sections on standardized tests are dumb. Especially given the fact that adcoms can easily determine an applicant's writing proficiency from the lengthy personal statements he/she needs to complete on the application.

Pearson should save everyone's time and do away with it already.

Totally agree. I guess that their thinking might be that you can get help from people with your personal statement, but with the exam it's 100% you...however most pharmacy schools seem to require an essay during the interview, so it's still unnecessary.

Saw a post in the PharmCAS questions forum that they get the scores immediately and they should be sent out to schools this coming Monday. Anybody had their "official test" box timestamped as being received on PharmCAS yet?

Saw a post in the PharmCAS questions forum that they get the scores immediately and they should be sent out to schools this coming Monday. Anybody had their "official test" box timestamped as being received on PharmCAS yet?
Nope, nothing.

I was just about to ask the same question. I wonder if the day they time stamp them will be the day they send them out as well. Who knows. Hopefully they'll all be received and sent by this Monday.

I was just about to ask the same question. I wonder if the day they time stamp them will be the day they send them out as well. Who knows. Hopefully they'll all be received and sent by this Monday.
If I remember correctly, I once read a post that said materials added to an application Thursday or before would be sent out the following Monday. If that's true I dont think new scores will be sent out until two Mondays from now.