kcumbDO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2005
Johnson City, NY
Status (Visible)
As the deadline to ROL submission is just around the corner, I wondered where all of you neuro folks are hoping to get into. Here's my list as submitted to the NRMP

1. Mayo Clinic (Rochester) C
2. Mayo Clinic (Rochester) A
3. Cleveland Clinic C
4. Northwestern Univ C
5. University of Michigan C
6. University of Michigan A
7. Thomas Jefferson A
8. Boston University A
9. Drexel University A
10. Albert Einstein LIJ A

llogg

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
may not get too many takers. I know at least one program director who browses this site occasionally and knows who I am on here. I put his program number one, so I wouldn't mind him seeing the list, but if other PDs are doing the same I might not want them to see it. But since your list is already up, care to divulge the thought process behind the rank?

hawaiigirl

15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2002
As the deadline to ROL submission is just around the corner, I wondered where all of you neuro folks are hoping to get into. Here's my list as submitted to the NRMP

yay we don't have overlapping schools! maybe that will increase my chance of matching! :) in one of my college classes, my philosophy teacher went over that debate about how there's no way to prove that all elephants are gray... and if you see a purple dragon (or a pink turtle), does that increase the chance that all elephants are grey?... hmm... i don't know if that was exactly it, but that's what popped into my head. maybe that's why i went into medicine rather than philosophy.

About the Ads

motmas

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Much agreed regarding letting the cat out of the bag way too soon...

However, I can give you areas of the country!

1. Midwest
2. East Coast
3. East Midwest
4. More East Midwest
5. West East Coast
6. Southeast
7. Midwest
8. MidAtlantic
9. Midwest
10. More East Midwest, but less than 4.

I'm just slappy after all this. My ROL has been done for a while, but it was a freaking long road, literally for some interviews!

So, cheers! I hope you all get your #1. Remember, the match is supposed to work for us. (Yes, I'm being optimistic here!)

:)

adoggie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2005
Honolulu, USA
www.tennisamateur.webs.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

1. Mayo Clinic (Rochester) C
2. Mayo Clinic (Rochester) A
3. Cleveland Clinic C
4. Northwestern Univ C
5. University of Michigan C
6. University of Michigan A
7. Thomas Jefferson A
8. Boston University A
9. Drexel University A
10. Albert Einstein LIJ A

Mind me asking what those Cs and As stand for? I'm also confused about what a ROL is.... I do know what LORs are, however.

Daredevil3181

10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Well, lists are officially closed off, so I might as well list them now. Can't hurt really...

1. U of Cincinnati
2. U of Arizona
3. Baylor
4. Miami
5. Mississippi
6. Oklahoma City
7. USF - Tampa
8. U of New Mexico

I hope against all odds I get into Cincy, as that really would be the perfect fit for someone like myself. I sent my top 2 e-mails before I sent out my RoL and although I didn't outright say where I was ranking them it was VERY easy to tell from my language and a few choice phrases I had in there.

Anyways, we'll all end up somewhere I'm sure. Just wish we didn't have to wait three stinking weeks until we found out. Good luck!

Oh, and to the previous poster, RoL stands for Rank Order List.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.