Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Official Share Your ROL Thread

Discussion in 'Neurology' started by kcumbDO, Feb 17, 2007.

1. kcumbDO

5+ Year Member

As the deadline to ROL submission is just around the corner, I wondered where all of you neuro folks are hoping to get into. Here's my list as submitted to the NRMP

1. Mayo Clinic (Rochester) C
    2. Mayo Clinic (Rochester) A
    3. Cleveland Clinic C
    4. Northwestern Univ C
    5. University of Michigan C
    6. University of Michigan A
    7. Thomas Jefferson A
    8. Boston University A
    9. Drexel University A
    10. Albert Einstein LIJ A

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. llogg

llogg New Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    may not get too many takers. I know at least one program director who browses this site occasionally and knows who I am on here. I put his program number one, so I wouldn't mind him seeing the list, but if other PDs are doing the same I might not want them to see it. But since your list is already up, care to divulge the thought process behind the rank?

3. hawaiigirl

hawaiigirl Member
    15+ Year Member

yay we don't have overlapping schools! maybe that will increase my chance of matching! :) in one of my college classes, my philosophy teacher went over that debate about how there's no way to prove that all elephants are gray... and if you see a purple dragon (or a pink turtle), does that increase the chance that all elephants are grey?... hmm... i don't know if that was exactly it, but that's what popped into my head. maybe that's why i went into medicine rather than philosophy.

4. motmas

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Much agreed regarding letting the cat out of the bag way too soon...

However, I can give you areas of the country!

1. Midwest
    2. East Coast
    3. East Midwest
    4. More East Midwest
    5. West East Coast
    6. Southeast
    7. Midwest
    8. MidAtlantic
    9. Midwest
    10. More East Midwest, but less than 4.

I'm just slappy after all this. My ROL has been done for a while, but it was a freaking long road, literally for some interviews!

So, cheers! I hope you all get your #1. Remember, the match is supposed to work for us. (Yes, I'm being optimistic here!)

:)

5. adoggie

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

Mind me asking what those Cs and As stand for? I'm also confused about what a ROL is.... I do know what LORs are, however.

6. Daredevil3181

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Well, lists are officially closed off, so I might as well list them now. Can't hurt really...

1. U of Cincinnati
    2. U of Arizona
    3. Baylor
    4. Miami
    5. Mississippi
    6. Oklahoma City
    7. USF - Tampa
    8. U of New Mexico

I hope against all odds I get into Cincy, as that really would be the perfect fit for someone like myself. I sent my top 2 e-mails before I sent out my RoL and although I didn't outright say where I was ranking them it was VERY easy to tell from my language and a few choice phrases I had in there.

Anyways, we'll all end up somewhere I'm sure. Just wish we didn't have to wait three stinking weeks until we found out. Good luck!

Oh, and to the previous poster, RoL stands for Rank Order List.