**Official SMDEP 2012 Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I didn't see an SMDEP 2012 Thread out there yet so I thought I'd start one! It's a first time for me. What schools are you guys thinking of applying to?

My top choices are UVA, Nebraska, Washington, Yale, Duke, & Columbia. As you can tell, I'm having a hard time narrowing it down to 3!!

But yeah, hopefully we can just talk about the application process and get some valuable information here!

Good luck to everyone applying this year!!

Hi... I was just wondering if there is an official SMDEP 2014 Thread.. i just submitted my application yesterday and today it says my transcript has been received/approved, one of my LOR's received, and my application complete.. does that mean that my application has been sent to my preferred sites?? will appreciate any information. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi... I was just wondering if there is an official SMDEP 2014 Thread.. i just submitted my application yesterday and today it says my transcript has been received/approved, one of my LOR's received, and my application complete.. does that mean that my application has been sent to my preferred sites?? will appreciate any information. Thanks :)

Yes that means that the NPO office has sent your app to those sites.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi fellas, I'm planning to apply to SMDEP for the dental one i have couples of questions, and hope someone helps me.

I know i need to write two essays one about diversity, and another one is a personal statement. I don't understand, which topic should i wrote about can someone explain to me more about both of them, and how can i start the essay, and what the admission commit want to see when you read your essay. And how many characters for each essay

i'm still an incoming freshman, and my professor only know my name, but no one know me personalty. How can i ask them for a letter of recommendation ? and my sat is 1200 am i still eligible to apply

and which programs should i apply to. I mean i know university of Washington dental school is in-state school, so if i apply my chances will be slim to none as i'm not WA resident ? am i right ?