***Official UConn C/O 2015 Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LongTooth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else got accepted to UConn? It's one of my top choices, but I'm still undecided about where to attend.

Also, does anyone know when we can find out about possible merit-based scholarships?

Members don't see this ad.

Who else got accepted to UConn? It's one of my top choices, but I'm still undecided about where to attend.

Also, does anyone know when we can find out about possible merit-based scholarships?

I did!!!!!!!!!!! But I'm also a Texas resident so I really don't know where to go from here Longtooth! I'm also wondering if and when they would give out scholarship offers. I'm too scared to ask Mrs.Volt such questions, im still shocked I got in!! I sure hope they give good aid, because otherwise....i dunno..lol My aasdas was updated to offer made, and i received a simple email that said I was in, but nothing about money...
Anyways, Congratulations!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I did as well, still undecided, its a great school though.

From what I understand they have some scholarships, but don't hold your breath. They are limited and small. Come on, it's already a great deal to attend here.

Great school at an unbeatable price. It's definitely one of my top choices. I'll probably end up choosing UConn come January.

Accepted at UConn! So excited!
Is there a fackbook group for UConn C/O2015?

me too! no facebook group yet... maybe one of us should start one?

Does anyone have the contact information for any one of the student tour guides you met during your visit? I can't seem to find their business cards and I'd loved to get in touch an upperclassmen to ask a few questions!

I can't find mine either. I suggest that you call the school and ask them for some contact information.

Does anyone have any advise for those of us who will be applying this June?

What does UCONN like to see? A lot of service, shadowing, research?

Is there anything that I could do between now and June that will help my application?

Thanks.

Does anyone have any advise for those of us who will be applying this June?

What does UCONN like to see? A lot of service, shadowing, research?

Is there anything that I could do between now and June that will help my application?

Thanks.

At my interview, we talked about a bit of everything. From my leadership positions to shadowing/community service to research. I have no data to back this up but I would say that they're big on research. Your research experience will be the factor that separate you from the applicants you're competing against. However, without a decent GPA and DAT scores, I don't think you'd even be considered for an interview. Do your best to keep your GPA up and aim for at least a 21 on your DAT, specifically, your Total Science.

At my interview, we talked about a bit of everything. From my leadership positions to shadowing/community service to research. I have no data to back this up but I would say that they're big on research. Your research experience will be the factor that separate you from the applicants you're competing against. However, without a decent GPA and DAT scores, I don't think you'd even be considered for an interview. Do your best to keep your GPA up and aim for at least a 21 on your DAT, specifically, your Total Science.

I had zero research and got in, I think they like to see well rounded applicants, but I believe they are into community service. I have worked with the special olympics, and that is something they do every year, so I believe that made me stand out. just my opinion though, not sure if it is true.

I had zero research and got in, I think they like to see well rounded applicants, but I believe they are into community service. I have worked with the special olympics, and that is something they do every year, so I believe that made me stand out. just my opinion though, not sure if it is true.

My response to the above opinions are somewhat semi-true, based on my interview experience there:

I have tons of research experience, in fact, I think that may be the most eye catching experience in my application besides my scores. However, I wasn't asked about my research experience at all during my interview.

Unlike many applicants, I don't have lots of community service/volunteer experience due to my other obligations in life and whatever time left after fulfilling the shadowing requirement. I was asked by one interviewer why I had few community service hours and I just answered it honestly. So it seems yes the committee looks at candidates' community service experience, but again it is what it is.

At my interview, I was asked intensively why I would go to UConn. Luckily, UConn is my no.1 choice and I was able to provide several honest and uncrashable reasons. I guess maybe that's how I landed my acceptance. ;)

Like other said, you need to have very good GPAs/DAT scores to make the first cut-off for the interview. Then, I think it is important to show how well-rounded you are, like how much is going on in your life and how much you care about.

hey for those of you who are going to Uconn what made you decide that over your other choices (except for the fantastic in-state tuition!).

Has anyone heard any updates on the waitlist? Is their class filled or will they be pulling from the WL? And has anyone that was originally waitlisted got accepted?