-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official UoP Interview Thread, 2008
Started by Shunwei
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey! I got my interview invitation today too! Mine is October 4th. I'm pretty happy since it's my first interview...so far I've only gotten two rejections 😉. I just mailed my UCSF supplementary today.
Good luck!
Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I got my interview invitation today too! Mine is October 4th. I'm pretty happy since it's my first interview
Good luck!
That's how UCD do 👍. I would keep your choices on the DL just in case adcoms are looking on the site. May be a little too paranoid but you never know....
I know that the Dean of admissions at NOVA looks at the site.Done and done
That's how UCD do 👍. I would keep your choices on the DL just in case adcoms are looking on the site. May be a little too paranoid but you never know.... I know that the Dean of admissions at NOVA looks at the site.
Haha, oh you make a good point. Ok, I edited my entry...you should edit my quote in yours. Now I'm all paranoid :x.
congrats!!!
anyone else? seems as if UoP and UCSF only invite a small number of people at a time 😕
anyone else? seems as if UoP and UCSF only invite a small number of people at a time 😕
congrats!!!
anyone else? seems as if UoP and UCSF only invite a small number of people at a time 😕
Don't worry about it BPD, they'll get to your name soon enough 😎
So I take it you actually spoke with someone (I got a voicemail since I was at dinner when the call came). Did she say anything about what times the interview would start/stop? I'm trying to look at flights I can book when I call for Monday.Hey! I got my interview invitation today too! Mine is October 4th. I'm pretty happy since it's my first interview...so far I've only gotten two rejections 😉. I just mailed my UCSF supplementary today.
Good luck!
Remember to schedule a little time to chill out with the current students (If you're into that sort of thing)
So I take it you actually spoke with someone (I got a voicemail since I was at dinner when the call came). Did she say anything about what times the interview would start/stop? I'm trying to look at flights I can book when I call for Monday.
10:30 to 5:00
Don't worry about it BPD, they'll get to your name soon enough 😎
haha, i can only hope man. is it sad that i keep checking my phone every 5 minutes?
again congrats to all who've gotten the call 👍
I still haven't heard a peep. seriously considering calling, but doubt that i will.
do you guys know if they will leave you a message if u don't pick up your phone or they just skip you and go to next applicant? i got some block number calling me lately but I never pick up the phone since I don't know who it is.
They will leave you a voicemail. My interview invite came last year during my interview at Crieghton 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I take it you actually spoke with someone (I got a voicemail since I was at dinner when the call came). Did she say anything about what times the interview would start/stop? I'm trying to look at flights I can book when I call for Monday.
they are going 2 send u a packet w/ info after u have verified ur date...i got the packet last night
-ld
congratulations everyone who got interviews.
Us 1st years will be in operative in the sim lab during your interviews. You'll probably walk through our class. If you do, ask the guide to take you to the better side of the class, that's Rows 6-12, 11 and 12 being the best rows. The other side is lame.
Us 1st years will be in operative in the sim lab during your interviews. You'll probably walk through our class. If you do, ask the guide to take you to the better side of the class, that's Rows 6-12, 11 and 12 being the best rows. The other side is lame.
congratulations everyone who got interviews.
Us 1st years will be in operative in the sim lab during your interviews. You'll probably walk through our class. If you do, ask the guide to take you to the better side of the class, that's Rows 6-12, 11 and 12 being the best rows. The other side is lame.
In fact, no reason to bother with any row other than row 8. Not only are we clearly the best row, we also have the highest combined SDN post count 😀
call: sept18
3 choices for interview, chose: thurs, oct 18
who else is going this day?
3 choices for interview, chose: thurs, oct 18
who else is going this day?
W
wizziefiend
Hotels in San Fran are expensive. Save some $$$ and stay with students. Close walk also.
I have 2 couches in my place....one of them is a bed. If you're a girl, I can find a female student for you to stay with.
I have 2 couches in my place....one of them is a bed. If you're a girl, I can find a female student for you to stay with.
Hotels in San Fran are expensive. Save some $$$ and stay with students. Close walk also.
I have 2 couches in my place....one of them is a bed. If you're a girl, I can find a female student for you to stay with.
Yeah right wizzie. The girl shows up and you pull the "I couldn't find a girl who would let a stranger stay. So looks like you'll be bunking in my bed." Have we already forgotten the lessons of the Stockton Retreat.
But he's right. Any hotel within walking distance is $100+ a night. I stayed at housing before my interview. It was nice...got to chill and have a couple 7&7's the night before my interview.
Same here. I've got an air mattress and a 2 minute commute to school. Plus, unlike wizzie, I won't try to show you my hair doll collection.
Housing is about 6 blocks away form school, and the prices (I think) range around 1000/month. But, everyone gets their own bathroom and the rooms are pretty much enormous.
I live in a ridiculously cheap (relatively, 800/month) pad a block away from school.
I live in a ridiculously cheap (relatively, 800/month) pad a block away from school.
Housing is about 6 blocks away form school, and the prices (I think) range around 1000/month. But, everyone gets their own bathroom and the rooms are pretty much enormous.
I live in a ridiculously cheap (relatively, 800/month) pad a block away from school.
I am married, so if I get accepted does that mean I can't live in student housing? How did you find such cheap housing? Are you renting a room?
I am married, so if I get accepted does that mean I can't live in student housing? How did you find such cheap housing? Are you renting a room?
They have room for married couples in housing, and there's also housing in the Presidio (Which requires a drive or bus ride).
I basically just got lucky with my room, not sure why my landlord doesn't just straight up charge more...she really could.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They have room for married couples in housing, and there's also housing in the Presidio (Which requires a drive or bus ride).
I basically just got lucky with my room, not sure why my landlord doesn't just straight up charge more...she really could.
I have heard that the student housing is a lottery. Are there a lot of people turned away? Pretty good chance of getting in or no?
I have heard that the student housing is a lottery. Are there a lot of people turned away? Pretty good chance of getting in or no?
I think you have an okay shot if you're married, they reserve a certain number of rooms every year so you're only in the pool with other married people (without kids)
W
wizziefiend
Yeah right wizzie. The girl shows up and you pull the "I couldn't find a girl who would let a stranger stay. So looks like you'll be bunking in my bed." Have we already forgotten the lessons of the Stockton Retreat.
But he's right. Any hotel within walking distance is $100+ a night. I stayed at housing before my interview. It was nice...got to chill and have a couple 7&7's the night before my interview.
You caught onto my scheme quick. That's how I got my last gf...this could have worked again.
Ladies, you can talk to djeffreyt...the girls in the class like him more anyway.
AND if that still makes you uneasy, call the school, they'll give you a name and number of a student you can call yourself.
What's all the trash talking about Pacific's website?
W
wizziefiend
I have heard that the student housing is a lottery. Are there a lot of people turned away? Pretty good chance of getting in or no?
Housing is nice but definetly doesn't make or break anything. If you're a social person the 'dorms' will work out real nice. If you're a cave-like creature you won't realize many benefits of the dorm cuz you'll just be in your room or library.
If you're married and get housing....it's an awesome financial deal for 2 people.
Housing is nice but definetly doesn't make or break anything. If you're a social person the 'dorms' will work out real nice. If you're a cave-like creature you won't realize many benefits of the dorm cuz you'll just be in your room or library.
"Cave-like?!" I'll club you over the head and eat your brains!
do you guys know if they will leave you a message if u don't pick up your phone or they just skip you and go to next applicant? i got some block number calling me lately but I never pick up the phone since I don't know who it is.
I got couple of phone calls from "unavailable" numbers. I missed those. But dont have any message left. Did you check whether those blocked calls you got are from UOP? Did you call them to verify?
W
wizziefiend
I got couple of phone calls from "unavailable" numbers. I missed those. But dont have any message left. Did you check whether those blocked calls you got are from UOP? Did you call them to verify?
Pacific has 415 area code...most outgoing comes from the same number so know that one so you get dart out of class or other worthless interviews if they call. I pulled out of a Columbia meeting to answer my pacific acceptance (it was a lame discussion, haha)
I got the call from UoP today. Interview on the Oct. 29th. (They had 18th and 25th available as well tho). I missed the call but a voicemail was left.
Oh and a question, how do I find someone that I can say there for a night before the interview? Please let me know if any of you can help me. Thanks!
The website still says "under review."
Oh and a question, how do I find someone that I can say there for a night before the interview? Please let me know if any of you can help me. Thanks!
The website still says "under review."
I got couple of phone calls from "unavailable" numbers. I missed those. But dont have any message left. Did you check whether those blocked calls you got are from UOP? Did you call them to verify?
Check to make sure your voicemails aren't full, cause that';s pretty much the only reason they wouldn't leave a message. Also, they tend to call from a phone that isn't blocked, so I don't think those calls were probably from the school, sorry.
just got my call on the 17th...my interview is on the oct 29th...i can't wait ...
but i have a question for you guys...
UoP is my number one school, i really am dieing to get in there but i'm wondering if it really is that good? is it worth the big bucks? and how expensive is san fransisco? and between case, nyu, and UoP which would u guys think is the best because i'm just crazy about UoP but i'm affraid i'm too crazy..
thanks guys.
🙂
but i have a question for you guys...
UoP is my number one school, i really am dieing to get in there but i'm wondering if it really is that good? is it worth the big bucks? and how expensive is san fransisco? and between case, nyu, and UoP which would u guys think is the best because i'm just crazy about UoP but i'm affraid i'm too crazy..
thanks guys.
🙂
just got my call on the 17th...my interview is on the oct 29th...i can't wait ...
but i have a question for you guys...
UoP is my number one school, i really am dieing to get in there but i'm wondering if it really is that good? is it worth the big bucks? and how expensive is san fransisco? and between case, nyu, and UoP which would u guys think is the best because i'm just crazy about UoP but i'm affraid i'm too crazy..
thanks guys.
🙂
The cost difference between Case and UoP probably isn't too great and the cost here is significantly less than NYU (by my calculations). Housing in SF is expensive but you can find a decent place if you shop carefully, and housing isn't that expensive.
As for the "goodness," I like it here pretty well. It has the institutional BS you'll find anywhere but I feel like we're getting a good education. We also don't have specialty programs on-site except for ortho, so you get a lot of quality clinical experience.
Dental school, like anything, is only what you make of it. If you think you can succeed here, then this is the place for you. Come interview, check us out, see what you think.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Plenty of time left, the first round came through today. Looked like a bunch of slackers to me 🙂
Hey! I got my interview invitation today too! Mine is October 4th. I'm pretty happy since it's my first interview...so far I've only gotten two rejections 😉. I just mailed my UCSF supplementary today.
Good luck!
Hi please can you explain what do you mean by saying (the supplimentaryof UCSF) I wanted to know may Iam missing something about UCSF.
Your help will be really appreciated
Ania
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 82K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 294
. I know that the Dean of admissions at NOVA looks at the site.